Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Used Equipment & Drygoods Selling
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12/26/2003, 12:03 AM
Registered Member

FS: Amiracle SL-150 Wet Dry Filter

I have an Amiracle SL-150 Wet Dry filter that was used for JUST two weeks. It is practically brand new with all instructions and original box.

Asking $150 + shipping costs to your address.

Accepting REASONABLE offers.

Thanks!
Old 12/26/2003, 01:16 PM
Registered Member

will you do 150 shipped to 30263
Old 12/26/2003, 02:18 PM
Registered Member

The unit is HEAVY. Shipped weight is around 26 pounds.

I can ship to your address for $162.00. This is a reasonable price as unit is practically brand new.

(I bought this unit new for $190 + freight shipping charges on top.)

Please let me know. Thanks alot for asking.
Old 01/07/2004, 10:27 AM
Registered Member

Anybody interested in this?

I will ship it ANYWHERE in continental US for $165.00

Read about it here: http://www.amiracle.com/Filters_AdvancedSL.htm

Thanks
Old 01/07/2004, 10:52 AM
Moved On

does it come with a return pump?if not,does it use an internal or external pump?thanks
Old 01/07/2004, 11:02 AM
Registered Member

There is no return pump. If you want, you can drill the tank for a bulkhead to use an external pump.

I was using a Mag 7 inside the chamber.
Old 01/07/2004, 11:43 AM
Moved On

how much shipped to 92504?
Old 01/07/2004, 05:43 PM
Registered Member

It will cost me $30.00 for shipping to you because of the distance and weight of object.

Your total is still $165.00 as I advertised.

So the unit will ultimately cost you $135.00. Not bad. That's around $50.00 off from buying a new one. They are selling for around $180 new. Plus, you'll still have to pay freight shipping because of weight/size.

Mine was literally used 2 weeks. Everything is repackaged "as new." If I didn't tell you it was "used", you wouldn't really be able to tell the difference.

Hope this helps.
Old 01/07/2004, 09:52 PM
Registered Member

Petsolutions has them for $169.00 brabnd new. You might want to lower your price just a bit.

Chris
Old 01/07/2004, 10:02 PM
Registered Member

Yeah, but you have to calculate in shipping + freight costs.

I am not a company that gets discounts on freight shipping.

I am just an individual that will pay full cost for shipping if someone wants this unit. I am not pocketing the cost for shipping, UPS is.

But yes, I am aware of the pricing there. They have lowered their pricing from when I originally purchased the unit.
Old 01/10/2004, 11:10 PM
Registered Member

Hey Fishtale:

Did you ever bother to read the "Do's and Don't's section of the selling forum. In case you didn't, let me post it here for you:

"Finally, a word on etiquette. These are not discussion forums. If you wish to purchase or trade, please post. However, if you only wish to comment on the quality of someone else's trade item or their price, with no intention of buying/trading, please keep it to yourself. These type of posts only sidetrack the thread away from the goal of the original poster - trading or selling their item."
Old 01/11/2004, 08:02 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by skylergirl
Hey Fishtale:

Did you ever bother to read the "Do's and Don't's section of the selling forum. In case you didn't, let me post it here for you:

"Finally, a word on etiquette. These are not discussion forums. If you wish to purchase or trade, please post. However, if you only wish to comment on the quality of someone else's trade item or their price, with no intention of buying/trading, please keep it to yourself. These type of posts only sidetrack the thread away from the goal of the original poster - trading or selling their item."
Well EXCUSE MEEEEE!!!!! I thought this web site was supposed to be a place where fellow reefers can help each other out! I did not know that I was in Russia and supposed to keep my mouth shut when it came to HELPING SOMEONE OUT by not making them so much money on something that they can get brand new for the same price. SO, Skylegirl why don't you keep YOUR mouth shut when you don't know what the hell you are taslking about.

Chris
Old 01/11/2004, 09:30 AM
Registered Member

If its USED then you should get a USED price.
So its seems like a good price for only two weeks old!!
Old 01/11/2004, 12:10 PM
Registered Member

Great point FISHTALE7! you go boy.
Old 01/11/2004, 12:25 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Fishtale7
Petsolutions has them for $169.00 brabnd new. You might want to lower your price just a bit.
actually her price is lower. 135.00 in case you missed it, which makes hers 34.00 cheaper. In my mind, thats great because its the price of a gallon of B-Ionic shipped to my doorstep, so every penny counts.

Petsolutions may list shipping as only 9.99 but if you notice they add for bulky or larger/heavier items, such as sumps. So, you can count on additional charges added to this. I am sure when its said and done you will be nearing 200.00. I understand your point, but the girl is just trying to sell.

It really bothers me that people see an internet sale and want everything for nothing. Selling between two people is a fair deal situation, that meets both parties needs. Thats what bargaining is all about, not just trying to suck all the blood from the stone. I have a custom chopper for sale, I have it up at a steal for 20k selling for personal reasons, EASILY worth 15 more than that. I took it off the net because I was sick of people emailing me saying they will give me 9k no more, when they clearly knew that was ridiculous. Then, they had the nerve to even follow up and be picky! I understand smart shopping, but whats this society coming to... I feel bad for people who are in financial binds and get stuck selling to jerks like that without option.

At 2 weeks old, this is a steal. She says its like new, so for someone looking this is a great deal. Its not a car, such that the second it leaves the dealership it loses tons of value so lets be fair. Good luck skylergirl, maybe check Fedex Ground, UPS and USPS all together... sometimes depending on dimensions they are funny with their charges, and you can save a lot by shopping them
Old 01/11/2004, 01:26 PM
RC Mod

Fishtale7 and 1hotz,

Why don't you put yourselves in Skylergirl's shoes for a moment? How would you like it if you were trying to sell some used equipment and someone popped into your thread like you have done to this one? I am sure you would not like it very much at all.

These forums are for buying and selling used equipment, not for bashing someone for the price they are asking for something. If you are interested in purchasing something here, fine do so. If not, there is no need for the type of comments you have made.

George - RC Moderator

"You guys confuse me...." ~ mhurley

"So does Sesame Street." ~ BrianD