Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Propagated Corals & Tank Raised Livestock Selling
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09/19/2003, 07:37 AM
Premium Member

Exclamation Live Rock $2.50lb in Milwaukee

Ok guys I have about 400-500lbs of live rock that was in my 3 sumps in the basement. Some of the pieces lack the great purple coralline algae, I can tell you That I set-up a tank for my friend using the same rock which is coralline covered now.

Dont want anyone to this that the rock is completely encrusted in coralline like the rock that was in my tank.

By the way Matt you lucky Bum I told you the rock was great, didnt even know there was still a RBTA clone in there.

Anyways good luck

"Big Tanks mean Much BIGGER headache"
Old 09/19/2003, 08:05 AM
Premium Member

Carribean Reef Man -

Where it the LR from (Figi, Florida, Bali,...) ?
How long has it been established ?

I am going to be putting water in tank this weekend, and I expect to be ready for LR end of next week. I am travelling to Milwaukee each week on business. And, could potentially pick up rock Thursday afternoon. I will be placing Rock in Sump (150G), Fuge(100G), and Tank(225G). Since a quantity of the LR will be out of site in Sump Room, the lack of purple coralline algae is not a large concern as long as the LR is actually live, and not super dense.

I would be looking at 250 lbs of rock. Maybe more depending on it's aesthetic quality (Right now, I am considering Kaelini for aqua-scaping my tank.).

Do you have any pics ? What type of lighting do you have on the LR now (if any) ?

Thanks,
Rob A.
Old 09/19/2003, 08:09 PM
Registered Member

would you ship?
email me at joshandsabrina@yahoo.com
Old 09/20/2003, 09:36 PM
Registered Member

How much for say 100 lbs
Let me know
Rockdiver
Old 09/21/2003, 12:00 AM
Registered Member

sent you mail via mail option on top of thread

"Nothing is rich but the inexhaustible
wealth of nature. She shows us only
surfaces, but she is a million fathoms
deep." RALPH W. EMERSON
Old 09/21/2003, 12:15 AM
Premium Member

I live about 40 minutes north of you. I'd possibly be interested to drop by next weekend. Go ahead and email me if you'll help. Thanks
Old 09/21/2003, 12:35 PM
Premium Member

Live rock

It's mixed there is premium live rock from Fiji I have some kalleni and some regular fiji the tanks been up for 2 years so it's all good also loaded with cocopods and amphipods little tube worms you know the basics.

2.50Lb is the price, shipping I can do but buyer pays for shipping.

Old 09/21/2003, 04:05 PM
Registered Member

I may be interested in some. Do you have any pictures of the LR? Whats your zipcode so that I could get an estimate on shipping? Thanks
Old 09/21/2003, 06:04 PM
THIS IS THE YEAR-GO CUBS

if any one is going up there from IL and would not mind picking me up some it would be greatly apprecated. i only need like 20-30 lbs max.... email me at derrik.dawson@comcast.net if will to do so..
Old 09/22/2003, 11:46 PM
Premium Member

Carribean Reef Man -

Tried to leave you a reply. your Mailbox is full.

Deal. Thank you. I will call you tomorrow (Tuesday) at your store, and arrange payment via Paypal. Will talk to you tomorrow.

derrikd - If you work it out with Carribean Reef Man, I can pick up your LR when I get mine. But I won't be picking it up until Thursday Oct 2. You could pick it up anytime Thursday night on. I am in Park Ridge.

Rob A.
Old 09/23/2003, 09:21 AM
THIS IS THE YEAR-GO CUBS

ok thanks ill pm him....
Old 09/23/2003, 09:58 AM
Premium Member

Zipcode would be 53211

Old 09/23/2003, 04:22 PM
Registered Member

i live in waukesha would like to stop by a take a look at what you have left if any this weekend if possible. email me at wolfmeyer @earthlink.net

thanks
Old 09/23/2003, 10:46 PM
Registered Member

Talking

his rock is really good and the peices quite large!

and i have seen "the tank" and am impressed
Old 09/29/2003, 01:52 PM
Registered Member

HI,
Is there an live rock left? i would love to buy some for the fish tank that i have set up at Carroll College. I am not that far away and would love to see your stuff and buy some off of you.
give me an email. slevas@cc.edu
thanks
and if there is no rock left just let me know please. thanks
steve
Old 10/01/2003, 02:12 PM
Premium Member

I believe that all of the rock is gone. I will know after this weekend when someone picks up his 300lbs. If there is any left the guy from Carroll College is 1st on the list after that it's first come first serve.

Old 10/03/2003, 09:05 PM
Registered Member

OK I am down with that. If you have anything left over i would gladly take it. Thanks again.
steve.
Old 10/04/2003, 01:18 AM
Premium Member

Carribean Reef Man -

Many thanks. Made it to the house by 10:00, and was able to get everything in sump no problem. Tested water before putting rock in, this morning, and evening. Very happy , .04 Ammonia this morning down to .02 this evening. And 0 Nitrites all three tests. Salinity was a little higher than I want .024 last night. Bringing it down slowly, and it was at .023 this evening. Will get to target .022 tomorrow.

The rock is great, and the Mandarin appears to be doing well. He seems to be enjoying all the caves, and grottos of his new temp digs, and I saw him pecking at rocks throughout the day. Hopefully getting his sustenance.

The Frog has not expanded yet, and for a bit was not looking happy. I had noticed it turning from a light moss green to a brown coloration, but that reversed over the day, and this cycle seemed to repeat several times. This evening he/she was looking a little better - mostly the lighter moss green color.

The Finger Coral seems to be doing well. He was expanding and contracting different branches throughout the day. He has not fully expanded yet, but he appears to be doing ok. I played with his location a couple of times. And, I currently have him in a medium current. Seems to like it there a bit better than in low current area.

The Green Star polyps are, well, there. Not exactly sure when they will make an appearance. I picked up a MH pendent today that I am going to hang over the sump tomorrow. I believe this will help all three corals. (Also my girls will be able to spot the Mandarin easier.) My two year old was fascinated by the Finger Coral, and Mandarin. Sat looking at them off and on for an hour today.

I will post some pics on my tank thread tomorrow.

BTW - If you locate the second Mandarin. I'd be willing to make a visit up there to pick him up.

Thanks again,
Rob A.