Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Marine Fish Forums > Anemones & Clownfish
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12/15/2003, 09:58 PM
Registered Member

Question Another Id Question

I recently picked up a very large LTA on sale at my local shop. However they only listed it as a Pacific LTA . It is a greenish brown color with purple dots at the end of each tenticle. It is the size of a large dinner plate(12+ in.). The Anemone fish came with it as they were very happy with there host so I took them to. I was hoping that someone may be of some help IDing this guy. I have had Reef tanks and a Carpet Anemone or two in the past with excellent results in the past. But I would still consider myself a bit of a novice with Anemones at least in the identifying them and there general habits.
Any help would be great.
Thanks in advance

Last edited by HATZO1; 12/15/2003 at 10:52 PM.
Old 12/15/2003, 10:45 PM
Premium Member

Post it to the Reef Central gallery first, then link it to your post. Or, if you are having real problems, email it to me at bonsainut@cox.net and I'll post it for you.
Old 12/15/2003, 11:07 PM
Registered Member

Thanks for the offer, figured out it was user error with the stupid camera. LOL Pics are posted
Old 12/16/2003, 12:37 AM
Premium Member

I'm pretty sure that's a Heteractis crispa.

Boy, these used to be somewhat uncommon, but I am seeing them pop up all over the place Nice anemone. Feed it alot and give it plenty of light and those tentacles can get over 6" long.
Old 12/16/2003, 08:01 AM
Registered Member

Thanks alot for the input.
My local shop had 3 of these including mine, all very large.
Also what is the recomended way to feed these? With my carpet I would just place a piece of food on it and it would take it up quickly.