Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > The Lounge
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11/01/2007, 10:07 AM
I'm accident prone

We had maybe 20. Maybe 7 of them were legit trick or treaters. We had 2 SUVs pull up filled w/ hoodlums. Maybe 1 or 2 were actually in costume and they all just held out their pillowcases like "throw it in, &%^$#". I tried to be nice and ask them how their night was coming along and I didn't even get a response. Ungreatful punks. Next time I'll have the hose standing by.

SCORE! My first page 2.
Old 11/01/2007, 10:15 AM
Team RC Member

2 legit, one of them a year old, held by mom. Since we had only hard candy, I hope mom monitors his consumption of the piece he picked.
Them, and one pair of figure-conscious teens collecting cans of food for a downtown mission---couldn't get them to take any candy.
But a quiet night, over all, in our new house: we live on a short strip between two arterials, and it's pretty risky for kids. Think next year we'll rig out in our pirate regalia [from Seafair in Seattle, so it's the good stuff!] and hit a string of bars. Arrrrh!

"Make haste slowly." ---Augustus.

"If anything CAN go wrong, it will, and at the worst possible moment."---St. Murphy.
Old 11/01/2007, 10:18 AM
Ha! I finally hit 500!

We got the usual couple hundred. We get lots of teenagers at our house, but I don't mind. The one that bugged me was the pregnant teenager a few years ago who said, "I'm trick or treating for two!".

We also get minivans full. Our neighborhood is nice and safe, but some a few miles away aren't, so I don't blame parents for bringing their kids to our neck of the woods.

Mythbusters
Old 11/01/2007, 11:53 AM
in the bathtub

Zero, we don't really live in a neighborhood.

Ed: "I hate to tell you this Dr., but there aren't any fish in that river. In fact, there isn't any river."
Dr. Lao: "That's ok. Me no use bait."
Old 11/01/2007, 03:05 PM
Have Membrane,Will Travel

In the neighborhood of 300. Mostly younger kids with a few punks thrown in...

27 outright refusals (Refused to come up to the house) up from 4 last year.

118 Screamers (Props scared 'em enough to scream)

I think the decorations worked...

RandalB
Old 11/01/2007, 04:52 PM
Registered Member

i had more this year than last probably about 30 or 40 kiddos i guess they new i was home by the xmas lights i turned on
all 4 bushes in my front yard x mas lights . 400 lights on the roof on
=)
Old 11/01/2007, 05:39 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Sk8r
2 legit, one of them a year old, held by mom. Since we had only hard candy, I hope mom monitors his consumption of the piece he picked.
Them, and one pair of figure-conscious teens collecting cans of food for a downtown mission---couldn't get them to take any candy.
But a quiet night, over all, in our new house: we live on a short strip between two arterials, and it's pretty risky for kids. Think next year we'll rig out in our pirate regalia [from Seafair in Seattle, so it's the good stuff!] and hit a string of bars. Arrrrh!

Instead of the 1 year old holding the bag and the parents getting the candy, our neighbor puts in a jar of babyfood for the real little ones that aren't gonna realisticly eat it anyhow
Old 11/02/2007, 12:30 AM
Registered Member

what date do you have haloween.

ours is always the 31/10

we used to have guising but now because of US global domination we have trick or treat now

All of the universe and I am the only one
All of creation, and there's only this one of me.
All of everything, and what I am now will never come again.