Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Used Equipment & Drygoods Trading
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12/04/2007, 04:12 PM
Kiss my Wrasse

FS in S.FL: 38g drilled tank, sump and Bookcase stand

Hey everyone, I really want to get the tank, stand and sump out of the garage. I want to sell the sump, stand and tank together. Of course this is for local pickup.

The tank is an AGA 38g that is 36L x 12W x 20H. The tank setup is perfect small reef setup, it has been drilled for with a custom internal overflow that has (2) 1” drains. There are also holes drilled for a CL which includes a 1.5” Closed loop intake, and (4) ¾” returns (2 high and 2 low). The tank is painted on 3 sides, since it was in the bookcase. There are a couple scratches (no more than 1-1.5 inces each) on the inside front glass, but honestly no one ever noticed except for me. The setup is ready for BB, I had a piece of black starboard cut to size and it is in the bottom of the tank. If you want to put sand in the tank instead, you can always take it out. I will also include the needed bulkheads.

The sump is a 37 column tank ( 20"w x 18"l x 25"h). I had pieces of glass cut for this to split the tank into 3 sections, the skimmer/o verflow (about 8 g), the fuge another 8g, then the return area which had baffles and return area. Because of this setup, I never had air bubbles in the display, and the water was always clear.

In addition, to the sump and the tank, the stand, really a high quality bookcase is also available. This is a natural pine finish, similar to what you would think of as rustic pine.

This setup was in the corner, the sump would fit nicely behind the bookcase/tank and was easy to maintain since there was so much vertical space.

Here are some pictures:
Tank in stand without water:

closeup of the overflow

Tank when it was together:

Picture of the sump:

I am asking $100 OBO for the tank, Bulkheads, sump and stand.
Old 12/06/2007, 04:23 PM
Registered Member

i want it. wait, im in seattle, a little hard for me to get it. bump for the best deal i ever seen.
Old 12/06/2007, 08:04 PM
Registered Member

pm and email sent, can pick up tomorrow afternoon
Old 12/07/2007, 09:32 AM
Kiss my Wrasse

Pm replied to.