Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > The Lounge
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01/02/2008, 02:57 PM
Registered Member

Page Nine. WOOT!!!

Oh shut up, and kiss my fairy wrasse. ~Gawain1974~

silly girls make stuff hard ~drauka99~
Old 01/02/2008, 03:03 PM
Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid

Quote:
Originally posted by bluerug
I think UGA had a pretty darn good win, but hey I could be wrong.
Yeah, they beat Hawaii almost as bad as USC beat Illinois.
Old 01/02/2008, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Considering Hawaii was the only team 12-0 going into the game. And the fact the have a pretty good QB, that was of course until they met a team from the SEC.
SO PREDICTABLE

When people said Hawaii should be in the championship game because they were undeated all you fanbots said no way because they played nobody all year (and of course it would have shut the SEC out of NC game). Now that your team beat them its a great accomplishment worthy of great tribute. ROFLMAO!!!!
Old 01/02/2008, 03:58 PM
Registered Member

These BCS match-ups are so lame... the only one i really care about is the NC and that's probably cause my school is playing in it...

PLAYOFFS!!
Old 01/02/2008, 04:00 PM
Registered Member

How did you like Corso saying that OSU was gonna blow out LSU. I mean come om. I don't know which way its gonna go this year but I don't think it will be a blowout but then again I didn't think last year was gonna be one either.

“The true man wants two things: danger and play. For that reason he wants woman, as the most dangerous plaything.” - Friedrich Nietzsche
Old 01/02/2008, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by drauka99

p.s. - Grim if you want to stricly use the numbers then the - SUN BELT is the best confrence in the nation
Right now nobody has shown they were a standout conference.

I've thought all year that the conferences were pretty evenly matched and the results of the games back up that opinion. There were what, 4 or 5 blowouts so far? Mountain West Conference has earned some respect. Big 12 has done better than I expected. I thought Bama would kill Colorado and Texas Tech pulled out a win. Figured A&M for a win though. Big Ten, ahhhh, Dunno. In my money pool I changed up and picked Michigan for the required longshot just thinking the team might really play over their heads to win Carr's last game and they did. Other than that only surprise was Penn State over A&M. In the Pac I thought BYU would beat UCLA by a wider magin and I didn't think Oregon would be able to put up the big numbers without the QB but other than that no surprises. The ACC just sucks. The only surprises in the SEC have been to the downside. Figured Auburn would beat Clemson by a larger margin, Same with Bama and Tennessee and I figured Arkansas would at least stay close enough to see the tail lights.

I really can't remember a year when there were so many close games all season.
Old 01/02/2008, 04:06 PM
Registered Member

Bama's offence this season was a 2 headed monster, putting up big points and making it look easy one minute and not doing anything the next. hopefully next season will have all those problems worked out and us be consistantly scoring points and our D being even better. Contrary to popular belief our D this season was better statisticlly than last year so that gives me some hope.

Arkansas is very one deminsional team right now, thier QB isn't a very good passer IMHO and McFadin is a great back and so is Jones but if all they do is runn the ball then you know what you have to defend and thier passing game wasn't there this year to make people respect it.

“The true man wants two things: danger and play. For that reason he wants woman, as the most dangerous plaything.” - Friedrich Nietzsche
Old 01/02/2008, 04:09 PM
Registered Member

oh yeah and I would almost bet some serious money that IF the NCAA was to investigate throughly thye would find out the some Arkansas bosters have been shuffling Mcaddin some serious cash under the table. And I don't doiubt some agent bought him a car.

Some magazine had a special on him last year and showed his hooptie with 24" rims and all kinds of expensive crap on it. Only way a student like him can afford that is if someone is gettin him some cash somewhere, and as far as I know his family arn't that well off.

Old 01/02/2008, 04:18 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by The Grim Reefer
The ACC just sucks.
Come on now Grim I expected more out of you!

Yeah we are only 2 and 5 and I admit we arent the Pac 10/SEC/etc but to say we suck that’s a bit harsh I think. If you look at it besides the GT game (and I will admit loosing that bad to Fresno State isnt good) we have held our own, sadly just not winning the games. BC beat Mich St., yeah they didnt destroy them but last I saw the spread was 4 they beat them by 3 if I remember correctly. UMD lost to Oregon State who if I remember correctly finished 3rd in the Pac 10 (someone correct me if I am wrong) and for the 8th ACC team to get in I thought MD showed up fairly well. FSU/Kentucky...they didnt have 30 some of their players, yet FSU stuck around ALL game. UVA, thats what we call a choke job up 14 with 5 minutes left to loosing on a last second field goal. Wake beat the #2 team in the Big East not saying a whole lot except that wake finished 5th and beat an overrated Big East school. And as you mentioned Auburn just barely snuck by Clemson. Yeah we arent winning games and yes I realize that what everything is based off of but besides one game we havent been blown out of any single game and many of the games could have gone the other way just as easily (ie UVA and Clemson and we would be sitting at 4 and 3 instead of 2 and 5). Like I said I will openly admit that the ACC doesnt have the football tradition of the traditional powers and you wont hear me saying that but I think we are alot closer to the big boy conferences then a lot of people want to admit.

I will also be honest and say yeah I like to see the ACC succeed which obviously helps our rep but to me the game that matters the most comes on tomorrow night and if we dont show up I feel the ACC looses a whole lot of respect, loosing to a team that many feel didnt deserve to be in especially after seeing how dominate Mizzou was.

Last edited by jocoxVT; 01/02/2008 at 04:24 PM.
Old 01/02/2008, 05:12 PM
Always a Buckeye

Personally I think the Big Ten has had a decent showing.

Michigan State lost a game they were large underdogs, and had a very good chance to win. A mediocre QB and they win that game.

Penn State (blah B10 team) beat A&M (blah B12 team).

Indiana (cellar dweller) lost to a decent B12 team.

Purdue beat a MAC conf champion.

Illinois got rolled like many expected anyway.

Michigan (yeah, that team that lost to a 1AA team) beat a very good (at least according to the SEC shrills here) Florida.

Wisconsin was hurt by stupid turnovers, and still had a very good shot at beating the SEC runner up.

Once Ohio State wins by 17 Monday night, I would say the Big Ten has had a respectable bowl season.
Old 01/02/2008, 05:25 PM
living life 2 the fullest

Quote:
Yeah, they beat Hawaii almost as bad as USC beat Illinois.
Keyword almost.

Big Ten is a joke.

SEC is the real deal.
Old 01/02/2008, 05:26 PM

Quote:
SO PREDICTABLE

When people said Hawaii should be in the championship game because they were undeated all you fanbots said no way because they played nobody all year (and of course it would have shut the SEC out of NC game). Now that your team beat them its a great accomplishment worthy of great tribute. ROFLMAO!!!!
Did you not say this was the upset to watch out for?

They were 12-0 with what I thought to be a darn good QB.

Big Ten is a joke.

SEC is the real deal.
Old 01/02/2008, 05:30 PM

Wisky had no chance of beating Tenn, who in fact are not that great anyways. UGA is the team to watch for big time next year.

Big Ten is a joke.

SEC is the real deal.
Old 01/02/2008, 05:33 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
UGA is the team to watch for big time next year.
I would agree with that statement if you all aren't in the top 5 even the top 3 preseason (I know many think they dont mean much) I would be extremely suprised
Old 01/02/2008, 05:35 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Wisky had no chance of beating Tenn, who in fact are not that great anyways.
They're not? what was the final score when they played your dogs? 35-14?

I'm not gonna lie though, Georgia is a great football team. I'm still ****ed the BcS didn't take UGA and USC in the Rose Bowl. GRRRR!
Old 01/02/2008, 05:39 PM

Well how long ago was that bud?

Get it straight UGA were playing a heck of a lot better than Tenn at the end of the year. Not to mention if UGA played Tenn instead of Hawaii Tenn would have been killed by the DAWGS.

It does not take a rocket scientist to figure out UGA are probably to the hottest team in college football right now, and we will carry over it with us into the next year.

Big Ten is a joke.

SEC is the real deal.
Old 01/02/2008, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr Sh0tgun

I'm not gonna lie though, Georgia is a great football team. I'm still ****ed the BcS didn't take UGA and USC in the Rose Bowl. GRRRR!
That would be a great game but with UGA's D the deal would have been sealed. And not to mention I don't think anyone in the country can stop moreno when he's on a roll.

Big Ten is a joke.

SEC is the real deal.
Old 01/02/2008, 05:46 PM

Brennan had I think 20 plus games with over 400 yards passing and he only throws 169 yards and 3 INT's. He was a Heisman finalist and averaged 348 yards a game, we made him look like a high school QB.

Big Ten is a joke.

SEC is the real deal.
Old 01/02/2008, 06:00 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Wisky had no chance of beating Tenn
Which is why they shut them out the second half That game wouldve been Wisky's if the qb had put alil more air on the last pass that was picked
Old 01/02/2008, 06:02 PM

But how did the game end?

Big Ten is a joke.

SEC is the real deal.
Old 01/02/2008, 06:04 PM
Registered Member

He wasn't talking about the final outcome, he was talking about your ignorant statement saying Wisky had "no chance" to win.
Old 01/02/2008, 06:07 PM

Well they did not win and end of story.

They might of had a slim chance of winning but did not.

Big Ten is a joke.

SEC is the real deal.
Old 01/02/2008, 08:03 PM

Pre post

Last edited by The Grim Reefer; 01/02/2008 at 08:08 PM.
Old 01/02/2008, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jocoxVT
Come on now Grim I expected more out of you!

Yeah we are only 2 and 5 and I admit we arent the Pac 10/SEC/etc but to say we suck that’s a bit harsh I think. If you look at it besides the GT game (and I will admit loosing that bad to Fresno State isnt good) we have held our own, sadly just not winning the games. BC beat Mich St., yeah they didnt destroy them but last I saw the spread was 4 they beat them by 3 if I remember correctly. UMD lost to Oregon State who if I remember correctly finished 3rd in the Pac 10 (someone correct me if I am wrong) and for the 8th ACC team to get in I thought MD showed up fairly well. FSU/Kentucky...they didnt have 30 some of their players, yet FSU stuck around ALL game. UVA, thats what we call a choke job up 14 with 5 minutes left to loosing on a last second field goal. Wake beat the #2 team in the Big East not saying a whole lot except that wake finished 5th and beat an overrated Big East school. And as you mentioned Auburn just barely snuck by Clemson. Yeah we arent winning games and yes I realize that what everything is based off of but besides one game we havent been blown out of any single game and many of the games could have gone the other way just as easily (ie UVA and Clemson and we would be sitting at 4 and 3 instead of 2 and 5). Like I said I will openly admit that the ACC doesnt have the football tradition of the traditional powers and you wont hear me saying that but I think we are alot closer to the big boy conferences then a lot of people want to admit.

I will also be honest and say yeah I like to see the ACC succeed which obviously helps our rep but to me the game that matters the most comes on tomorrow night and if we dont show up I feel the ACC looses a whole lot of respect, loosing to a team that many feel didnt deserve to be in especially after seeing how dominate Mizzou was.
Boston college beat Michigan State by 3 points. We're talking a team that only managed 3 wins in their conference. BC should have been able to walk on them.

Clemson did hang in better than I thought they would but I think that is speaking as much about Auburn not being as good as I thought as Clemson being better. Who's the best Team Clemson beat this year? Virginia who couldn't manage to put away a Big 12 team that was 4-4. We all know the Fla State was a fluke, even if they had all their players they will an underdog in that game AND Georgia Tech gave the WAC it's only bowl win. If Virginia Tech can beat Kansas I might upgrade my opinion.
Old 01/02/2008, 08:09 PM
Registered Member

Here's to hoping this BcS game is more entertaining than the previous 2.