Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Special Interest Group (SIG) Forums > Nano Reefs
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01/02/2008, 03:58 PM
Registered Member

Question New 24g Nano Cube, Help & Suggestions Please

Hello everyone! Santa was very good to me this year and brought just what I asked for. It's a 24 gallon, Nano Cube DX. This thread will show my progress and with your help and suugestions hopefully it will some day be as awesome as most others I have seen on this site.

This is my first SW tank and I would like to eventually like to have all sorts of reef life, as the of the tank will allow. I also asked for this kind of all-in-one tank so that I could keep it as neatly packaged as possible in my office at work. I was hoping that the DX would have adequate filtration and lighting to house most of the possible inhabitants. I'm seeing lots of posts of mods and add-ons and I'm trying to get some advice to see if they are really necessary.

Below I am posting some pics of the set-up so far. I will list the inventory below, but you will see that I have added live rock, sand and pre-mixed SW from the LFS.

Any help you can be with identifying anything you see in the pics would be apprecited, especially the greenish-whitish lichen looking thing and the little redish-pinkish dots.

Thanks! More to come shortly.