Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > New to the Hobby
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02/03/2006, 03:37 AM
Registered Member

Cool Hello to all

been browsing for around a month great forum lots of good reading. I was given a 72gal bow front 4 months ago it was running very well for 5 years and had 3 very large fish a hippo blue tang,black and white banner fish and a yellow tang. equipment as follows coralife 4x65 watt cf's ,prisom skimmer ,and three 802 power heads. 60#s live rock. also got 7 books on reefs .

I'm trying to turn this into a reef. I'm going slow and trying learn more about this awsome ecosytem. one ? where whould I take a tank to get drilled for refuge and/or a closed loop.

A little bit about myself married10 years(she does like the tank ) , 6month old son and live in michigan. I had many freshwater Planted tanks w/discus , chiclids but few years ago got rid of all them. I missed the hobby but now I'm back to make a dream come true ocean front property
Old 02/03/2006, 03:40 AM
Registered Member

[welcome]

is the tank acrylic or glass ?
Old 02/03/2006, 03:47 AM
Premium Member

Sounds like you have a great tank to start a reef in. If your tank is acrylic you can drill yourself. If not all I ever do is ask the local fish stores where to get my tank drilled. .

Welcome Sucker to RC, I don't know how to do the fish thing.
Old 02/03/2006, 04:56 AM
Registered Member

It's glass or i'd do myself the local lfs says 40$ per hole but man thats alot of money for some holes