Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Buyer/Seller Feedback
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08/01/2005, 11:04 PM
Premium Member

Avoid Giomacri04 - Brand New Really Isn't!

I would avoid this seller for future refrence...

When you need to ask if something is new, After it was stated as Bran New!

Please do not post in the listed thread, I don't need to know opinions that I am right, I am certain!
dvb
Old 08/02/2005, 09:29 AM
Registered Member

why don't you just send it back he offered for you to and stop trashing his name. to me it looks new i would not be disappointed with that even if he bought it awhile ago,like he says he may have just plugged something into it to see if it worked.i have pumps and other stuff i have ordered that are brand new but i plugged it in to make sure it worked now tyhey have alittle rust on it from sitting is that still considered new or used. in his first post he clearly stated he bought it awhile back. what do you consider new bought yesterday.i'm not defending him it's just when new items are bought the first thing we do is plug it in and try it he may have used a cord that had salt creep on it and plugged it in. other than that what is the over all apperance of it was it scratched up at all.
Old 08/02/2005, 09:54 AM
Yep, that's our sailfin!

You called him childish but all you keep doing is trying to tarnish this poor guys name. You post over and over and over trying your best to hurt this guys reputation when in fact you seem like the bad guy here. Not only did he bump up your shipping for you for free, but he also offered to refund you your money! If you didn't want the product all you had to do was get a refund and go buy the brand new one for 135 dollars more! Why didn't you do that if you have such a problem with this having some salt creep on it?

90g SPS Reef
our myReef is currently offline

Old 08/02/2005, 11:18 AM
Registered Member

Well here is my input:

1. You got a great deal on an item that is working fine, even by your response it works fine.

2. The only blemish was a slight salt creep on an outlet that took you what 2 minutes to remove with no harm?

3. He offered to refund all of your money if you sent it back.

With all three of those points you got a great deal, and have a perfectly working item. The seller tried to resolve your grievance, but you did not want to pursue a refund. At this point all you are doing is being vindictive and mean, either shut-up and send it back or quit being such a puss and posting worthless dribble..
Old 08/02/2005, 11:46 AM
Registered Member

Like the above post states...if you are that dissatified with it just return it. You have nothing to lose! The seller was very fair to you. Be an adult about it.....
Old 08/02/2005, 12:15 PM
4 8 15 16 23 42

Yeah, I would be upset too, but I think you are a little overboard.

You paid like half of retail for a like new item. I wish I could get 50% off all my tank's equipment.
Old 08/02/2005, 12:26 PM
Premium Member

Ya, I never said I tested it, plugged it in or that it worked! I have no Idea how to test it because there is NO MANUAL, I wouldn't care if it was bought 5 years ago if it was still brand new in box w/ manual ( ) He's been trying to sell it for a couple of months and people kept telling him they would pay and never did. So on his work that it was Brand New (in the box manual and all) I bought it. Received it in a Post office envolope and bubble wrap he tapped on it. ye I could wipe off the salt creep and use it but, it is usless without the manual and it was clearly not Brand New. Would you buy a camcorder in a zip lock bag an no manual or accessories and consider it Brand New? How about an aquarium with scratches in the glass (is that new too)? Whatever, " I'm the bad guy here", because I trusted someone's word and bought something and expected him to be telling the truth. "He is totally innocent of any wrong doing"... As he Stated, I have a baby too, that I could have spent the money on Diapers and Food. I took it off his hand because he said that he had fell on hard times and really needed the cash. I figured I'd use it eventually...

Last edited by DvBrien; 08/02/2005 at 12:55 PM.
Old 08/02/2005, 12:33 PM
Registered Member

You don't need a manual, all you do is select your current on the front and you are done. The switch on the back is to turn P4 into either your main sump pump or an additional powerhead that puts it in the current rotation. There are what 3 buttons on it and you couldn't figure them out? Worse case you could of gone to the red-sea site and downloaded the electronic manual that says "Push the button for the selected current".

Honestly dude, you got the item and it works in good shape. You paid less than 50% for an item that has nothing wrong with it. Sure he should of listed it as "Like New" instead of "New" but you are whining about a box & manual that you don't even need. You can go download the manual if you really want it, and the box is as pointless as your posts...

As for the having a baby comment, what's that got to do with anything? If you can't afford to keep your baby in diapers and fed, then maybe you should evaluate your spending habits on a hobby. This isn't the responsibility of the seller, and shouldn't be thrown in his face in a reputation post.

So once again, what's the point of you argueing about it when he offered to fully refund you? Reference my prior statements about what you should do...
Old 08/02/2005, 12:37 PM
Registered Member

I DON'T UNDERSTAND YOU YOU ARE SO DISGRUNTLED BUT YET YOU WILL NOT RETURN IT COME ON NOW STOP YOUR CRYING AND GROW UP!!!!!
Old 08/02/2005, 12:42 PM
Registered Member

MY BUDDY HAS A BOX AND INSTRUCTIONS YOU WANT ME TO SEND IT TO YOU
Old 08/02/2005, 12:52 PM
Premium Member

Here is a link to the manual...

http://www.redseafish.com/Languages/95/PDF/134.PDF
Old 08/02/2005, 12:57 PM
Registered Member

Ok use the link above and print it off on landscape setting with 6"x8" double sided. Fold the paper in half and staple it in the middle, wham, bam, you have a brand new manual....

To make the box you can take any old box, and print the picture you posted above using a color printer. Tape it to the top and you are all set..

Did that help with your buyers remorse? Or are you still disgruntled about missing the valueable original box..
Old 08/02/2005, 01:22 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by paulpp187
I DON'T UNDERSTAND YOU YOU ARE SO DISGRUNTLED BUT YET YOU WILL NOT RETURN IT COME ON NOW STOP YOUR CRYING AND GROW UP!!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Poolrad
Ok use the link above and print it off on landscape setting with 6"x8" double sided. Fold the paper in half and staple it in the middle, wham, bam, you have a brand new manual....

To make the box you can take any old box, and print the picture you posted above using a color printer. Tape it to the top and you are all set..

Did that help with your buyers remorse? Or are you still disgruntled about missing the valueable original box..

You guys are some awsome cheerleaders,

Thx for the link... Tonga_man
Old 08/02/2005, 01:25 PM
Registered Member

thanks
Old 08/02/2005, 01:29 PM

who knew you could just download product manuals off the internet...
Old 08/02/2005, 03:08 PM
Registered Member

if i remember right u were the one that told him that u were dislexic.. when u said u sent out the money .. but really didint .. then he had to email u his paypal address A L L S P A C E D O U T ... if it was me i would have stopped right there and sold it to someone else.. ( having to jump through houps.. for a sale..) just stop crying and grow up.. u got the think for less than HALF price.. if i was u i would just stop.. ur making urself look like an idiot.. especially when u have people coming on here telling u to stob ur complinnign.. in the end you made out..

i guess some people will never grow up..

and if UR REALLY dissatisfied.. just send it back? i bet he would even pay for shipping .. but thats not really the point is it.. you set out to tarnish his name and failed miserably..
Old 08/02/2005, 03:11 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by DvBrien
Ya, I never said I tested it, plugged it in or that it worked! I have no Idea how to test it because there is NO MANUAL, I wouldn't care if it was bought 5 years ago if it was still brand new in box w/ manual ( ) He's been trying to sell it for a couple of months and people kept telling him they would pay and never did. So on his work that it was Brand New (in the box manual and all) I bought it. Received it in a Post office envolope and bubble wrap he tapped on it. ye I could wipe off the salt creep and use it but, it is usless without the manual and it was clearly not Brand New. Would you buy a camcorder in a zip lock bag an no manual or accessories and consider it Brand New? How about an aquarium with scratches in the glass (is that new too)? Whatever, " I'm the bad guy here", because I trusted someone's word and bought something and expected him to be telling the truth. "He is totally innocent of any wrong doing"... As he Stated, I have a baby too, that I could have spent the money on Diapers and Food. I took it off his hand because he said that he had fell on hard times and really needed the cash. I figured I'd use it eventually...
WAIT.. i got a solution for: send the unit back.. and with the money u get buy ur baby diapers or food.. this hobby isnt cheap.. and by now u should know that ..
Old 08/02/2005, 03:17 PM
Moved On

i have been following both of your threads. Man, you need to let this die. STOP already. the guy even said he would give you your money back. STOP CRYING... be a MAN...

even everyone on RC is helping you with the manual...

now dont jump all over me...
Old 08/02/2005, 03:42 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Poolrad

LOL!!!
Old 08/02/2005, 04:04 PM
Registered Member

Why don't you guy give the guy a break?? He bought something that's suppose to be brand new and it's not. Brand new is something in the sealed box /w everything is it. Yeah he paid 1/2 price for it but if the seller said it brand new then the buyer should receive a brand new product.
Anyway I think it's part of the seller fault.

DvBrien,
Just forget about it man. You only pay 1/2 price for the thing and he did try to give you an option to return it.

If you want to sell it.. LMK I will buy it back from you ..
Old 08/02/2005, 04:20 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Thx for the link... Tonga_man
Your welcome. Just thought I would help ALL parties involved...
Old 08/02/2005, 04:22 PM
Registered Member

ok so i buy a wavemaker unpack it plug it in to make sure it works put it away for awhile. now it is considered used come on .thats even if he plugged it in
Old 08/02/2005, 04:44 PM
product of my environment

An astute observation

Time to move on to other things.

jfc

wow, bears really do poo in the woods in some places...
Old 08/02/2005, 10:57 PM
Registered Member

Well this is how it all started one day i was at a ,Maa & Paa fish store we have here in CT , i go in and look around and wow a red sea wave maker . in the display case (mind u now its out of the box no packeging at all its just sitting on the glass shelf)so i ask how much the old man said about 200.00 , so i said ok its a it high (blaablablabla i can get it on the net for cheeper ) so he said i can give u 10% off so then i said ok ill take it . Hsaid hold on ;let me go in the back and get the box for it . the mad comes back empty handed , well it seams that some one must of thrown it out because i cant find it any ware, so i said ohhh man well can yu do better with the price he said ill take 20.00 off i said finr ill take it so he grabs it out of the glass case , grabs the bubble wrap that it was sitting on and puts it in their and tapes it shut .

and then i was on my way home with the wave maker (which i thought it was a deal cause you cant get a new one shippen 1 year ago for 180

OHH YEA I DONT KNOW HOW MUCH NEWER THAN THAT IT COULD GET .
BUT HEY WHAT DO I KNOW.

well any ways
thanx guys you are all great
F R A N K I E

PS everything Blackie9900 posted is true he did make me jump through a bunch of hoops
Old 08/02/2005, 11:45 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by giomacri04
PS everything Blackie9900 posted is true he did make me jump through a bunch of hoops
Your full of crap you tried to say I didnt send the money... but your paypal account wasn't set up right. You then pm'ed me apolgizing for the inconvenience, because I had to cancel the first payment and send it again after you called paypal and straightened it out with them... do you ever tell the truth!

I had you space out the paypal address to make sure I had it right, Yes I am Dislexic to no fault of my own, but habitual lying is a choice.

I am glad you have the support of the Noob Society!

I was never trying to ruin your name, I just wanted you to admit that you should have told me the condition that it was in and you got tee'd off because I questioned your word and Pm'd me calling me names and using all kinds of vulgar language. It doesn't matter anymore because I sold it to a friend as a USED unit and the P4 plug wasn't working when he plugged it in, (just for the record) so, I dont know what the store did with it before you had it but, Whatever

Last edited by DvBrien; 08/02/2005 at 11:58 PM.