Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Buyer/Seller Feedback

Old 09/11/2007, 09:02 PM
Registered Member

I wouldnt wait, it is amazing how everyone paid him immediately and he has to wait till he is ready... He sent me an email stating that he had up to 10 days before a refund and from what i got he was going to wait until the very end...

It is not hard to refund money, like justplyn said all he has to do is hit refund and then the amount... Also everyone needs to realize that when he hits refund paypal will wait until they get there money from him before refunding... This will be another week or so process..

I think the admin and mods need to step in and no longer let this guy post or sell...

Dream
Old 09/11/2007, 09:40 PM
Premium Member

It is funny, I have tracked the PMs multiple times on different days and the system said he was online now. This happened on at least three different days. This was before his latest post to us. If he has time to RC, why not paypal instead?
This is the tale that was told to me by the man with the crystal eye, As I smoked my pipe in the camp-fire light, and the Glories swept the sky; As the Northlights gleamed and curved and streamed, and the bottle of "hooch" was dry. -Robert Service
Old 09/11/2007, 10:12 PM
Registered Member

Well, I guess I have waited three weeks in this situation . . . what is another three days. sdr209, you have until Saturday morning @ 12:00PM. I will not wait past then for my money. I will file a claim.

I can't believe that any of us have to wait for our refund! The money that we sent should not be spent yet. Especially after you realized you were having a crash and you would not be able to ship. Hell, you should have shipped out in the first week of receiving payment, but you got "busy".

Mods and admins, I am usually a very easy person to please. I am not that hard to get along with and I usually don't like to stir up trouble. Even so, this whole situation reeks of extremely poor salesmanship. sdr209 has overstepped the typical "my coral that you sold me died" responses to most claims on this feedback forum. He has taken people's money (more than just a few) and then delayed shipment. In my situation he not only delayed shipment on account of being "busy" but also due to his crash. (Meanwhile I have been without either my coral or my money for about 3 weeks.) Furthermore, I will now have to wait an additional week to get my refund! (That is assuming that the refund is posted like it has been promised . . . and his track record is poor so far.) I shouldn't have to wait at all. In fact, I should have been given the option of refunding my money back in the first delay.

I am aware that you (the mods and admins) are striving to create an environment that will not only further the reefkeeping hobby but provide an opportunity for hobbyists to get together and share their hobby. Unfortunately this event does NOT reflect this. As such I have to agree with InADream to a point. I believe selling privilages should be revoked for the reasons stated above.

Again, nothing against sdr209 as I am sure he is a competent person and reefer . . . but it is obvious that his selling skills need improvement before his next venture.

Edit for clarity.

There is more than one way to do everything in the reef hobby. Your experience may vary . . .
Old 09/12/2007, 12:03 AM
Registered Member

I refuse to wait. This took to long. He can deal with paypal and my claim.
Old 09/14/2007, 11:06 AM
Moved In

Any updates here?

Powertripping~is that a song or a dance?

RC Lounge~Humor Questionable ~Enter At Own Risk!
Old 09/14/2007, 11:23 AM
Registered Member

No, I'm just waiting on my payment to refunded today or Saturday morning before I go to paypal Saturday afternoon.
Old 09/14/2007, 12:49 PM
Registered Member

Well, more than likely he needs to wait because he spent the money... He has not posted since 9/10/2007... I will be doing the same as JRR and making a claim against this seller... I have sent him another email asking exactly when i will recieve my money... HAS ANYONE GOTTEN MONEY BACK!!!

Dream
Old 09/14/2007, 02:45 PM
Registered Member

I am doing the same as JRR. I informed him in the post above that he has until Saturday morning. After that it goes to paypal.

-Lord Sevein

There is more than one way to do everything in the reef hobby. Your experience may vary . . .
Old 09/15/2007, 01:45 AM
Registered Member

I'm going to be doing these refunds now! I'm tired of apologizing and people just flaming me because they're just those kinds of consumers (rude). I"m moving as fast as i can with this, and for those assuming I spent the money I haven't touched it and its going to stay that way. So please check your boxes. thank you guys for clarifying that if I refund no one would be charged a service fee that's what i was worried about. Because there was a fee, that got charged as soon as the payment came in.

PS: a side note, if there is still someone out there that is NOT as bitter as some of the others, I actually have 2 trees that withered the storm. So if you would like them the first 2 posts will get them and I WILL ship them out tuesday.

Last edited by sdr209; 09/15/2007 at 02:34 AM.
Old 09/15/2007, 02:31 AM
Registered Member

To address Inadream the only thing everyone needs to realize is that they have all gotten their refunds sent, and also to address your other comment the money should have been instant because it was NOT SPENT and was all in the account still. So next time, I would suggest people follow their own drums and give people till the time that was outlined and/or stated before making any claims and/or statements towards them. I said I will have it done by this weekend and its done. So for the last time I apologize for all of this.

Moderators i hope you see the sincerity in my posts and understand that I meant no harm and/or had no devious intentions; not worth my time. thanks sdr209
Old 09/15/2007, 02:53 AM
Registered Member

Hello All.

I just got an paypal confirmation that my refund has been processed (@ 2:18AM tonight in fact). sdr209, thank you very much for refunding the money as promised. I am really sorry that things happened this way. Just so you know, my posts in this thread were not made in anger and I was in no way trying to flame you. I was only attempting to make my story known to the members that were in a similar situation. Mods, I also retract my recommendation that sdr209's selling privileges be revoked due to the fact that the refund happened as promised (not to mention instant and a bit early).

Even so, sdr209 I hope that you seriously consider what happened here during your next venture. Things such as good communication and promptness can save you from a pile of angry reefers that feel like they have been cheated.

Thank you and good luck,

-Sandy

Old 09/15/2007, 09:25 AM
Premium Member

Received refund from sdr209.

My overall rating for this seller is low. I am not a satisfied customer.

It is my opinion that sdr209 has poor communication and handled this matter arrogantly.
This is the tale that was told to me by the man with the crystal eye, As I smoked my pipe in the camp-fire light, and the Glories swept the sky; As the Northlights gleamed and curved and streamed, and the bottle of "hooch" was dry. -Robert Service
Old 09/15/2007, 10:02 AM
Moved In

sdr209 personally no one was being rude here. You needed to step up to the plate right away and explain why you had not refunded immediately. Using the thread was locked was just an excuse as I pm'd you the link here. Acting all indignant is just poor customer service plain and simple. Things happen, but your attitude was the poor one.

Old 09/15/2007, 10:37 AM
Registered Member

Got my refund as well, thank you sir.
Old 09/15/2007, 11:29 AM
Registered Member

Do what you people want, moderator your supposed to moderate what people say not join those that became impatient. I stated when I was going to be doing the refunds with a deadline. And I gave everyone their refunds as I stated. So I will responsibly accept all and any negative feedback the users wish to give; I can't blame them. So thats it. hope all of you got your money.
Old 09/15/2007, 11:40 AM
Moved In

Trust me, I know what MY job is.

Old 09/17/2007, 10:57 AM
Registered Member

People really got upset over 14.00, huh?
Old 09/17/2007, 11:29 AM
Registered Member

Yea, I received my refund! Thank you!!! The only two things that I would like you to improve upon is your communication and timeliness. It seems we all asked questions at different times and didn't receive answers which fuels the fire for criticism. Please keep people updated and answer their questions timely.

Thanks,
JRR
Old 09/17/2007, 05:15 PM
Registered Member

Umm... yes. We did. It does not matter what the amount of money is, the fact is that it was poor salesmanship.
Old 09/17/2007, 05:49 PM
Moved In

It's purely the principle of it!