Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Buyer/Seller Feedback
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06/27/2005, 06:19 PM
Registered Member

Buyer Beware - Leesuh - Major RipOff

I along with a few others, who will remain nameless unless they chime in have sent money to leesuh for some lights and other equipment and we all got ripped of. No money no goods.

I feel like I have lost faith in humanity in general that someone can do such a thing, especially in our community.

This just sucks. I am out over 300 bux...

Arrgggg.....

Sellers paypal is cleaned out so paypal can't get any money back..

Mike
Old 06/27/2005, 06:34 PM
Obsessive Reefer Disorder

I'm one of the others that was involved in this scam!!!!

I will be filing fraud charges with a government website that will be going after people like person that ripped us off.

Paypal suggested it and they claim that people like myself have had good success with gettting their money back.
Old 06/28/2005, 04:34 PM

http://www.ic3.gov/

This is a website you file internet crime.
Old 06/28/2005, 05:18 PM
Registered Member

I filed a complaint

Just so people know we have founf 2 people linked to this scam

Michael Caburian
Lisa Tampol

hopefully we are getting closer..
Old 06/28/2005, 06:04 PM

Just filed my complaint as well
Old 06/28/2005, 07:10 PM
Moved On

Hello, i was lead here from a few emails and a few search.
I am michael caburian, with my partner lisa tampol.

I am guessing you got our names through a simple whois search in the internet, we are the owners of fpsforce a game and web hosting company, we host multiple websites and emails. with a reputation to keep.
eliteheadquarters.com is one of the site that we personally host, any issues with them is not directly link on the fpsforce account.

I would be glad to initiate a contact with you from our legal advisory as you claim to file a legal complain against us.

Thank you.
Michael Caburian
Old 06/28/2005, 07:16 PM

Your names were provided to us from PayPal.
Old 06/28/2005, 07:16 PM
Moved On

Hello, I am Michael Caburian owner and administartor of fpsforce.com. I was lead in here with a few emails and a legal complaint.

We host gaming websites, as well as emails, any link to them has no legal connection to fpsforce.
I am not sure how you got my name there as well as my partners, but we know nothing about this matter.
I am guessing that you got our names through whois searches.

we would be glad to get you in contact with our legal advisory to fully assist your complaints.

Michael Caburian
admin:
fpsforce.com
Old 06/28/2005, 07:17 PM

Your name was provided through PayPal as linked to the account.
Old 06/28/2005, 07:19 PM

I should say it was linked to the account when sending the money. Paypal didnt give me your name but your partner was linked to the account I sent money too.
Old 06/28/2005, 07:20 PM
Moved On

Please contact me directly to furthur assist you through a legal complaint.

admin@fpsforce.com
Old 06/28/2005, 07:22 PM
Moved On

if you used a credit card to pay paypal with. you can call your credit card company and they will deal with paypal. so you should be covered. if you used your checking account like paypal wants you to do then your screwed. PayPal sucks. IMO. good luck to all of you on getting your money back. i hope that little info helps.
Old 06/28/2005, 07:50 PM

I find it werid that both fpsforce and leesuh are online at the same time.................

leesuh, why dont you do the right thing and refund everyones money so we can put this all to rest.
Old 06/29/2005, 07:56 AM
Registered Member

this is why I never buy used goods. to many ars.....les ripping people off. its sad. If the PAYPAL accounts were emptied then she took the money right away. yes PAYPAL definatly has its issues!
Old 06/29/2005, 10:55 AM
Registered Member

Paypal told me that the account I sent money to, or the persone I sent money to was Michael Caburian

Paypal gave me your name, and the other guy who got scammed sent money to Lisa Tampol at one point.

Mike
Old 07/02/2005, 03:52 PM
Premium Member

Paypal rides the fence.. they make money off the transactions and do little or nothing to help. They want you to use direct withdrawl and deposit to avoid credit charges and charge backs from card companies. THey also hamstring you with fine print and do their best to prevent your credit card company from charge backs if you are upset. Notice that only very good sellers can offer buyer protection. It is *** backwards..you don't need buyer protection if you are buying from an honest seller... you need it for the scammers... but they don't qualify to offer it! It has become 10 times worse sice eBay purchased them. eBay's business model is based on volume and they don't punish scammers. Their model is designed to hide or blend them in so that they don't look so bad to buyers.

The guy that ripped you off knows how the paypal system works and is running websites as a front for their scam. You will likely not get your money back. Thousands of eBay sellers run the same kind of scams and get away with them for years with eBays aproval (blind eye) I can explain many of them if anybody is interested.

You also need to contact the ISP that hosts their servers or provides their bandwidht and apraise them of the situation. If this is in a different city then you need to let those authorities know that they have an ISP that may be allowing wire fraud to occur with the use of their system.

If these folks are students or have employers you need to also contact them and let them know what is going on. You can fimnd this information with a little bit of ceative searching.

You need to contact the local authorities where these people live and make them aware of the scam. This means the local plice department, ask for a detective. This means the sherrifs office and the magistrates office.

You need to look up the definition of wire fraud. It is a federal offense... and they are guilty of it. THis is a very serious crime and should not be hard for you to make headway. Find a lawyer that is willing to write you a letter for a few bucks THE WHOLE GROUP OF YOU NEED TO DO THESE THINGS!!!!

You also need to contact your local FBI and the FBI Office in the city that they live in. THe patriot act will allow them to do more than you think. This is interstate wire fraud and not looked at mildly since 911. The authorities are big on busting this kind of stuff because it is the newest grift on the planet and it's easy quick money for crimals etc.

Bean
Old 07/02/2005, 08:18 PM
Moved On

The answer is here:

http://archive.reefcentral.com/forum...chael+caburian
Old 07/11/2005, 12:38 PM

Well, I received an email today from the Internet Fraud Agency and they have informed me that they will be taking action regarding the complaint I submitted. Since I wasnt the only one who submitted a complaint, they feel the person responsible for our loss is a risk to others.

Lets hope they can get our money back.