Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Buyer/Seller Feedback

Old 08/17/2007, 05:58 PM
Registered Member

patedship beware

I bought a colony of Purple Death Pallys from him he had no current pictures and said he had no camera so I took his word (my stupidity). the colony was in horrible shape and I hope that a few polyps will survive. They have been in a quarintine tank for a week being treated for zoo pox
Old 08/17/2007, 10:37 PM
Registered Member

Hopefully a few will survive. They do grow fast so if you can pull them through you will have a colony in a matter of months.

Good luck!
Old 08/21/2007, 10:25 AM
Registered Member

patedship has not even ship out my corals yet and he is not returning my email. i have waited a week and now i will send a dispute to paypal. IME i would never deal with him again.
Old 08/21/2007, 02:09 PM
Registered Member

Sorry to hear this. Hopefully he will do the right thing and ship your corals or give you back your money. If not, he won't have much luck selling on here again.

Hope this gets resolved for you.
Old 08/21/2007, 06:54 PM
Registered Member

I am sure he will make good. I will see him at a local swap coming up and mention this thread to him.
Old 08/21/2007, 07:28 PM
Registered Member

Todd, thanks for the heads up. Everything has been resolved.
Old 08/22/2007, 10:52 AM
Registered Member

even though patedship and i had a few miscommunication and understanding. he has sent me the corals and they are in great shape and got wat was promise thank you patedship. i will close the dispute with paypal dont worryl.
Old 08/23/2007, 08:14 AM
Registered Member

Last winter I bought approx $150 worth of frags from him on another site. I received a box full of dead coral...no water, no heat packs. He said he would resend in spring when everything had grown out again. When I was finally able to get him to respond again he told me he was sorry, but he no longer had those corals and refused to send out frags on an equivalent amount. NOT a good guy, IMO.
Old 08/24/2007, 09:13 AM
Registered Member

Well they finally all died $275.00 out the window plus freight WHAT A ****
Old 08/24/2007, 09:54 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by patedship
Todd, thanks for the heads up. Everything has been resolved.
So did everyone get their money back?
Old 08/24/2007, 10:30 AM
Registered Member

I have not gotten anything form him I want my money back.
Old 08/24/2007, 10:55 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by MJAnderson
So did everyone get their money back?
Ktar did not get his money back he recieved not only the frags he paid for but MUCH larger ones.

Kelled has a pm. But because of his more than rude pm's to me I am not sure what I am going to do.
Old 08/24/2007, 10:56 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by kelled2
I have not gotten anything form him I want my money back.
What do you mean you havent gotten anything back from me? I sent you a pm after you made this initial thread and you never responded until today... How am I at fault when you never made an effort with me to fix this?????
Old 08/24/2007, 11:01 AM
Registered Member

Seems the man with no camera wants some pictures of what he sent me. I have sent no rude PMs to this guy. I was suspicious from the beginning but he had good feedback on his local reef club so I gave him a shot. If he did not know what he was sending me was very sick he has no business selling or maintaining corals. I have said all I am going to say good luck to anyone else that wants to buy from him.
Old 08/24/2007, 01:04 PM
Moved On

Quote:
Originally posted by patedship

Kelled has a pm. But because of his more than rude pm's to me I am not sure what I am going to do.
Your screwing these people around and you have the nerve to mention how rude they were? You should expect rude and no matter how they act tward you, you need to do the right thing. If the shipment was messed up, you need to fix it.
Old 08/24/2007, 02:09 PM
Registered Member

Kevin, yes I understand about taking care of it. But you must not have read where I mentioned I contacted him more than a WEEK ago to try to fix this and he never responded to my pm! How am I supposed to work something out with someone who doesnt want to communicate with me?
Old 08/24/2007, 02:27 PM
Moved On

Did he read the PM? Alot of newer folks on here dont go to their PM box all that often much less know it exists.

Another possibility might be that he works alot, or out of town often, ya never know. A week is not too aweful long. I am on my computer everyday regardless but i realize that not everyone has the same habbits as me.
Old 08/26/2007, 08:29 AM
Registered Member

IF a PM was sent and no response was returned for a week then its not Pated's problem anymore.
No proof of wrong doing can be documented with pictures at this point (which is standard Kelled2)

I wouldn't say he is screwing anyone around either Aquarius He made good with the other client immediately it all goes back to Kelled2's failure to respond to PM's thus dropping the ball.

Pship sells on multiple boards and has outstanding transactions so I have a hard time believing he wouldn't have made it rite if the correct buyer steps had been taken in reporting the issues.
Old 08/26/2007, 10:53 AM
Moved On

Not pateds problem? Seems to me he sent sick corals, i dont care if it is a week or not. I msgd the buyer to let them know that pated was trying to communicate and they still have not read it.... Seems to me that maybe they are busy with the other aspects of life as well.

As for screwing people around, telling them he wont make good because they were rude after he screwed them?? Failure to respond does not negate responsibility, its more like a sorry attempt to not make good on an expensive transaction.
Old 08/26/2007, 01:54 PM
Keeping It Real

I've sold to kelled2 before and I'd sell to him again... He has always been excellent about communicating... When I shipped to him, Fed Ex delayed the shipment, so it didn't arrive until later in the afternoon... Kelled2 dropped everything to pick up the shipment from the FedEx center...

Hope you two can work this out...

Its not a hobby... Its a way of life...
Old 08/26/2007, 06:51 PM
Registered Member

Patedship has contacted me and offered to send me a frag equal to the value I spent in December. I will update when it arrives.
Old 09/02/2007, 02:23 PM
Registered Member

I have offered to meet him half way on the total outlay and I have had no response. I will let all know if he attempts to work this out but so far nothing.