Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Coral Forums > Corallimorpharians
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04/20/2007, 09:35 AM
My Life for Aiur!

Purple Ricordea yuma
This one is rather unfortunate. It isn't anything like the picture in my aquarium, but the picture was taken some time ago versus the time that I got them. It very well could have morphed a little in color. On the other hand, the size of it completely makes up for lack of color! Overall satisfaction 75%

Pure Captive's Picture

My Personal Frag
Blue Light

White Balanced for Accurate Color
Old 04/20/2007, 09:35 AM
Ricordea ¤ Addict

Lookin good! I can't wait to see the "superman yuma"

I am a proud member of the Chesapeake Marine Aquaria Society (CMAS). If you're in the Maryland area check us out!
Old 04/20/2007, 09:38 AM
My Life for Aiur!

Neon Green Ricordea yuma
I'm not as pleased with color comparisson on this versus what I got, but that is only slight. The color on this reflected light so well that I couldn't get a picture of it without white balance. It just flushed out my camera as light blue.

Pure Captive's Picture

My Personal Frag
Blue Light
None Available

Old 04/20/2007, 09:43 AM
My Life for Aiur!

Blue and Red Ricordea yuma
What extremely little unsatisfaction I had with the other Ricordeas are completely made up for with this Ric. In fact, it makes up for the loss and then some. I can't put into words how excited I am to have this Ric and the curiosity of what it will look like in a few months. The pictures that I have of it do not do it any justice at all! Overall satisfaction 1000%

Pure Captive's Picture

My Personal Frag
Blue Light

Old 04/20/2007, 09:46 AM
My Life for Aiur!

Here's my tank with all the new additions.
Old 04/20/2007, 09:53 AM
Ricordea ¤ Addict

Very nice! I'll definitely have to check them out. What are their prices like on a "low" to "high" scale?

I just got a purple ric yuma last weekend for $10 and it's already the most beautiful ric in the tank. I'll have to get some pictures and share it with everyone. It's a lavender color with hot pink highlights in it

I am a proud member of the Chesapeake Marine Aquaria Society (CMAS). If you're in the Maryland area check us out!
Old 04/20/2007, 10:12 AM
My Life for Aiur!

Quote:
Originally posted by kiknchikn
Very nice! I'll definitely have to check them out. What are their prices like on a "low" to "high" scale?
I would say "moderate" to "moderate-high". On the other hand, Oklahoma is saturated with good, competitive stores. So, our prices are rather low. I usually pic up Ricordeas at $10-$20/polyp if it isn't anything super special. For example, my teal and my blue R. floridas were $10 and my green with a pink center yuma was $25. Here is what I paid for with Pure Captive

Neon Green Yuma & Purple Yuma Pair: $50
Bubble Gum Pink Ricordea: $20
Orange and Green Ricordea: $20
Pink and Blue Yuma: Bonus frag
Shipping: $20
----------------------------------
Subtotal: $110
Gift Card: -$50
Friend that did paypalling that owed me money: -$30
----------------------------------
Total (Out of Pocket): $30

Last edited by Travis L. Stevens; 04/20/2007 at 10:17 AM.
Old 04/20/2007, 10:13 AM
Ricordea ¤ Addict

Those prices are very reasonable compared to most online stores! I'll definitely be checking them out Thanks!

Old 04/20/2007, 10:18 AM
Registered Member

well travis looks like it time for me to go shoppin, so ill have plenty to trade with ya..im sire i could find a orange yuma for ya to trade..lol..those are awsum critters travis..if they were mine id be happier than a pig in a mud hole..hehehe

scott
Old 04/20/2007, 10:32 AM
Ricordea ¤ Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by bigScott
if they were mine id be happier than a pig in a mud hole..hehehe
I couldn't have said it any better

Old 04/20/2007, 10:44 AM
My Life for Aiur!

You can tell Scott and me are from the South, huh?

Man, I wished I had a good picture for the Blue and Pink/Red yuma. If you imagine the pink look of the vesicles on my picture with White Balance with the blue body of the picture that Bryan sent me, then you would have it exactly.
Old 04/20/2007, 10:53 AM
Ricordea ¤ Addict

I really look forward to seeing a gorgeous macro photo of it someday when you can get one.

I just took a bunch of macros of my new yuma, hopefully I'll be making a post tonight to show it off (assuming the colors come out right).

Old 04/20/2007, 11:06 AM
My Life for Aiur!

Unfortunately, my crappy camera doesn't lend Macro shots well. Mine is a fixed lense style camera and not a DSLR
Old 04/20/2007, 11:07 AM
Ricordea ¤ Addict

Maybe you can sell some frags to finance a new camera? You can get a pretty damn good one for less than $200 these days.

Old 04/20/2007, 11:09 AM
Registered Member

you do just fine travis...better than mine..much better..

scott
Old 04/20/2007, 11:11 AM
Registered Member

oh kiknchikn the camera i wabt id have to sell 50 frags at 20 dollars a pop to get the one i want..but if i did the mrs would shoot me..lol..

scott
Old 04/20/2007, 11:20 AM
Ricordea ¤ Addict

Haha... don't do anything to tick her off or you might lose your tank... if not something more precious

Not to take this thread way off topic, but I want one of those HD video camcorders that are like $1500+ so I can take high-def videos of my tank. It'll never happen but wouldn't that be cool?

Old 04/20/2007, 11:22 AM
My Life for Aiur!

FWIW, kiknchikn, I have one of those "good cameras", but what I want to do with my camera I can't because of the way it is set up. That was $400 wasted. I should have waited for $400 more and bought a Digital Rebel. FWIW, my Phyto sales should bring me in enough money in the next few months to get a new camera.
Old 04/20/2007, 11:28 AM
Ricordea ¤ Addict

I was lucky and I confiscated my parents' very expensive Konica-Minolta DiMAGE Z5 that they bought for an expensive vacation they were going on. It's point and shoot and generates pretty good macro photos with no effort on my part other than steady hands and a little patience.

I plan to eventually buy a macro lens for it and see if I can get even better shots.

Old 04/20/2007, 12:42 PM
Registered Member

hey kiknchikn like your pics arent good enough already, jeesh...lol

scott
Old 04/20/2007, 12:49 PM
Ricordea ¤ Addict

Never good enough!

Old 04/23/2007, 12:14 AM
Registered Member

nice pics, i want a bubblegum ric! I like how you showed pics of with your tank lighting and then with whitebalance. I wish online vendors would do that.
Old 04/23/2007, 11:20 AM
Registered Member

we all wished they woild do that..

scott
Old 04/23/2007, 11:49 AM
My Life for Aiur!

Well, you all know the phrase "Out with the old, and in with the new?" It seems like that was the case this weekend. I lost about 4.5 Ricordeas through the weekend.

This guy never did well from the start, fought hard, but ultimately didn't make it. I think that the move and new MH bulb just finished him off.

This guy was "split" by accident from a rock falling on it twice. Both pieces were healing up nicely, but then through the weekend, one of the smaller, less healthy splits jumped ship. Luckily, the larger one looks just fine under the circumstances.

I had another guy that I worked HARD wheeling and dealing with people to get a frag of. It is similar to my Orange ones, but it was peach-ish in color. It jumped ship the other night as well. Luckily, if I don't find it, there are quite a few local reefers that I can get a duplicate of.

I had a Blue/Slate Blue R. yuma that went through a bad fragging experience. It just gave up fighting on me the other day. I have another healthier one that wasn't chop suey from fragging on its way.

Lastly, this was the biggest hit. It took the roughest beating with the move and the new MH bulb. Ultimately, it melted away, and I'm VERY sad about it. Hopefully I can find another one like this somewhere. It was easily one of my favorites.
Old 04/23/2007, 01:11 PM
Registered Member

sorry to hear that travis..if i can help , dont hesatate to call..

scott