Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Coral Forums > Corallimorpharians

Old 04/26/2007, 12:46 PM
Registered Member

Is this pink enough for you?
Old 04/26/2007, 12:47 PM
Registered Member

Heres the mother.
Old 04/26/2007, 12:57 PM
Registered Member

Sorry for the double post
Old 04/27/2007, 06:39 PM
Registered Member

Ray..you could make a triple post of that pink and it still wouldn't be too much!!
Rick (love the name!) your pics are mind blowing! I did send you a PM to get on your list.

Thanks to both of you for posting your beautiful Yumas!!
Old 04/27/2007, 09:34 PM
Registered Member

mine was pink when I bought it about 2 years ago from Atlantis...its gotten a deeper shade of red since then, but still pretty much pink/red

Old 04/28/2007, 11:10 PM
Registered Member

Blazer 88

awesome just awesome

what kind of lights do you have them under?
Old 04/29/2007, 06:38 AM
Registered Member

OK, I am definitely going to have to start investing in a camera, rather than my tank. Those pics are awesome. Here is the best I can do - one is a rose/pink yuma, the other is multi-color with a pink mouth.

I got both from Dr. Mac
Old 04/29/2007, 05:03 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by get-r-done
Blazer 88

awesome just awesome

what kind of lights do you have them under?
They are under 250W 14K Hamilton MH and 200W worth of VHO actinics. They don't seem to have a problem under high light in my experience.
Old 04/29/2007, 09:59 PM
Certified FL Aquaculture

Old 04/29/2007, 11:47 PM
Premium Member

Glad I am on the list! LOL!

Right Blazer...
Old 04/30/2007, 06:19 AM
Geek

Me No Nemo.. is that the one i think it might be?
Old 04/30/2007, 09:25 AM
Certified FL Aquaculture

that one is mine! I'll snap a pic of the one in question today if I can
Old 04/30/2007, 10:19 PM
Geek

oooooooooooh goodie I hope its doing well! I don't regret being patient and letting it acclimate more- want to be able to keep it forever like the fine ones these folks here have DROOL!
Old 04/30/2007, 10:30 PM
Certified FL Aquaculture

Well, it's doing very well. I fed it Liquid Life tonight under a bottle and it went nuts!!! I was going to get a pic after I fed, but it didn't open all the way again...was still stuffing itself! I'll try tomorrow again.
Old 05/14/2007, 11:49 PM
Registered Member

I am also interested. I would love to take some off your hands. I am in south florida and it is hard to get ricordea. Imagine that.....no good color here from yuma or florida ricordea.
Old 05/15/2007, 10:39 AM
Premium Member

Three babies

Old 05/15/2007, 10:41 AM
Premium Member

mother

Old 05/15/2007, 10:42 AM
Premium Member

Old 05/24/2007, 08:33 PM
Member Registered

Quote:
Originally posted by Blazer88
Pm responded to. Reefready.net does have a pink one (though not a solid color) for $250 which is just crazy. I don't know about their pics though, they look a little too saturated with color to be realistic. And I don't believe wild Yuma's have a very good track record for survival as well. I am the only person that I know of who sells 2nd or 3rd generation naturally propogated Yuma's that have a 100% success rate. Just one thing to keep in mind critmin, that's what happens when I dump close to $5K in camera gear
I own Reefready.net. I just want to know what you mean by my pictures are too saturated with color. I just use a simple Canon powershot A75. No photoshop other than to crop and resize. I actually get lots of compliments on my pictures regularly. Please let me know how I can better them because I thought they looked great.
$250 for a hot pink yuma is not expensive. I bought them wholesale for $150. That is not a large profit. I think most sites sell them for that much when they have TRUE hot pink yumas. Most of the time they are selling red or orange yumas. I'm not mad at your comments. I just want to point out the facts. Sorry if I sound upset. I'm not. I would like to know what exactly is wrong with the pics though. You can see by comparing other things in my pictures like eggcrate, rocks, other corals, etc. that they are very true to form.
Old 05/24/2007, 09:42 PM
Registered Member

I just looked at reefready.net, I have to agree with the owner here, those pics don't look altered to me...those coral colors look accurate because they look the same as similar corals look in my tank...a lot depends on type of lighting...his looks like 14 or 15k MH...I do know what you are saying though b/c when I go to some shops and they have crappy lighting I am like, wow those corals look like crap! who would ever buy those...if that is what you are used to then good lighting makes the corals look too good to be true.

FWIW though you have a blue "frogspawn Rhodactis" listed that appears to me to be a ricordea florida, irregardless though for one that blue the price is a steal
Old 05/24/2007, 10:05 PM
Member Registered

Quote:
Originally posted by bigdaddyadam
I just looked at reefready.net, I have to agree with the owner here, those pics don't look altered to me...those coral colors look accurate because they look the same as similar corals look in my tank...a lot depends on type of lighting...his looks like 14 or 15k MH...I do know what you are saying though b/c when I go to some shops and they have crappy lighting I am like, wow those corals look like crap! who would ever buy those...if that is what you are used to then good lighting makes the corals look too good to be true.

FWIW though you have a blue "frogspawn Rhodactis" listed that appears to me to be a ricordea florida, irregardless though for one that blue the price is a steal
Hey Thanks Man! I appreciate it. You are right. Most of my pics are taken under Phoenix 14,000K 250watt halides. Most stores that I know do use pretty bad bulbs and they run them for way too long.

The Frogspawn Rhodactis is not a Ric. They are very much Rhodactis. They are super big. I have sold about 10 of them so far so maybe someone that has one can post a pic. Since I am a vendor I can't post pics. Otherwise I would take a size comparison shot and post here. PM me if you want to see one. Thanks again.
Old 05/25/2007, 08:28 AM
Geek

I'm sitting here going.. rr... rr.. I've been to this place before.

I went to it and I was like OHHHHH THAT site. The one I keep telling my husband when my birthday and the holiday season roll around to gimme a gift certificate or carte blanche for your website

Al G Blenny I just have to say I could stare at your website all day everything is so colorful and beautiful! As a college student on a budget, one day my sweet pets, things from your website will be in my tank I hope!
Old 05/25/2007, 09:43 AM
Premium Member

I would like to say that the yuma in question was truly hot pink based on 2 reasons:

1. I've bought another coral from him. I will truly say, it looked exactly like it did on the web site.

2. After many days of closely "window shopping" on his site, all of the pictures seem reflective of their actual color. I've seen some of the "named" or "famous" zoos on his site that don't look that bright in the picture, yet, I know those same type of zoos in person are much brighter, and therefore, the pictures are most likely not enhanced. In additon, his web site gave good descriptions of the history or source of the famous zoo, increasing the probability that this is the real thing.

Granted my 2 reasons above are not the best evidence to support my claims. But for an online web site, it's one of the best.

I'm right there w/Chrisstie. Once I set up my dream tank, it will be time do some shopping on that site!!! I just have to wait until that time, as I'm little cramped for space in my current tank. Ahhhh, the problem of the nanocube!!
Old 05/25/2007, 10:23 AM
Premium Member

I bought that hot pink Ricordea along with a few others he had offered at the same time...they all looked exactly as the pictures depicted . However, a few did melt . This is no reflection on Reefready.net. This is the deal with wild Yuma's, some don't make it. I managed to save one of the wild Ricordea I bought from Matt and it is doing great. Matt's stuff is the real deal and his colors are true to representation.
Old 05/25/2007, 10:43 AM
Premium Member

Ahhh, so you're the one who got that hot pink yuma!!! I called Matt a couple of days after it was sold. Hope it survived!! It was a great looking yuma.