Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Coral Forums > Corallimorpharians
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03/19/2007, 11:37 PM
Registered Member

The seller has still not contacted me. I learned yesterday that someone else bought one from them right after I did and that it has very little color also. They too are having trouble with the seller not contacting them.
Old 03/19/2007, 11:57 PM
Moved On

That s**ks. Are you going through ebay when you try contacting them? If you don't hear something in the next few days you really need to contact ebay commplaint, but you need to make sure that youare trying to contact the seller through ebay, not by email direct. Here is the link for it, though you probably already know it. Ebay will help resolve it. They deal with this type of problem all the time and don't take it lightly. http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...rCreateDispute
Old 03/20/2007, 09:39 AM
Geek

This thread reminds me of a website I saw the other day. I really can't tell if these photos have been doctored- the ones on the website aren't very clear crisp pictures for some reason.. its like they were saved as a crappy low rez version of the picture.. And yet I also can't believe some of these corals are this color naturally - close maybe - what do you guys think?

Old 03/20/2007, 01:29 PM
Registered Member

The pic from the ebay auction looks like it was "borrowed" from here:

http://www.soutassaltwater.com/souta...oral_frags.htm

Scroll down to the pic of the pink ricordia
Old 03/20/2007, 01:47 PM
Registered Member

yeah i would get on the complaint/ disput with both ebay and paypal...i just recently got screwed over by someone promissing me that it was on its way and that possibly ups lost...after two months i tried to file and to no avail...ebay and paypal wont do anything for after 45 days...now i give two weeks after payment max then file a complaint regarless of what they tell me...wheni get the correct item i will end the dispute and close the clomplaint..like the old says goes screw me once shame on you...screw me twice shame on me...it will NEVER happen to me again..

hope you get this figured out though...and sorted...

but i read through the auction and didnt see where it says Yuma? so you indeed may have gotten a pic ric that has just been severly shocked via poor shipping, handling, temperature..etc..
Old 03/20/2007, 03:17 PM
Registered Member

Chrisstie, I have seen that color of Goniopora at an LFS here. It really is that color, although that pic looks like it was shot a 1/3 or 2/3 under.

Can't say on the Yuma. Haven't seen enough of them yet to qualify me for an intelligent opinion.
Old 03/20/2007, 04:59 PM
Premium Member

No that was a pic off here that i got for him to show him what a pink yuma "should" look like!!
Old 03/20/2007, 05:44 PM
Registered Member

I was gonna bid on that yuma, but noticed he sold one the week before same pic and all. Anyway the one the week before went for like $80, but $100 was too much, IMO.

3-2-07 auction
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...9078&rd=1&rd=1

3-10-07 auction
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...0146&rd=1&rd=1
Old 03/20/2007, 06:48 PM
Geek

Why does that guy still have positive feedback?? You and the other seller totally need to get in there and mark him down.

Looks like he randomly sells weird stuff here and there and maybe decided to try to make a profit off of something fishy like a nice picture of a yuma that isnt his =\

and for the pics I've posted above- I have seen some gonis close to that color but not.. quite quite that color. if I had enough cash right now i'd have bought what I saw but.. the mushrooms base looks a little not right to me- usually they are somewhat a uniform color underneath- at least the ones i've seen so i dont know why it'd have rainbow splotches on it.. beautiful color aside but.. I don't know something struck me as not quite right with those pics- the site i found it on does have some other very legitimate looking frags though so i was like hmm.. what the?
Old 03/20/2007, 07:38 PM
Registered Member

looks to me like that pic was "borrowed" too. I hope he was allowed to use it. He used it in 2 auctions.
Old 03/20/2007, 08:17 PM
Registered Member

I recieved an email this morning from seller telling me to send it back for a refund. About twelve hours later I get another email stating "sorry no refunds or returns". It's time to take this to ebay.
Old 03/20/2007, 08:24 PM
Registered Member

Did he/she say why they changed their mind? Tell them you already sent it out todayper his/her request....LOL
go to ebay and save those emails too, but as another persone said, send your "messages " thru ebay so they have copies of them too.
Old 03/20/2007, 08:29 PM
Premium Member

It is also time to leave negative feedback. If you leave negative feedback they will probably offer you a refund if you retract the feedback. If they do, make sure you get your refund BEFORE you retract.
DOES IT SOUND LIKE I WENT THRU THIS BEFORE!!!!!
Old 03/20/2007, 11:19 PM
Registered Member

I had the same problem with another company recently. I payed through paypal. They sold me brown zoanthids instead of PPEs. I asked for a refund and they said they would but didn't. I contacted paypal, credit card company, and better business bureau. I also sent him a few nice warnings as well. 5mins later I got an email from paypal stating the company refunded my money. I hope this all works out for you aswell.

-Matthew
Old 03/21/2007, 04:04 PM
Registered Member

Now I know of two other people besides me that were sent Florida rics instead of a Yuma from this seller.. BTW, I just contacted Paypal to get the ball rolling on getting my money back.
Old 03/21/2007, 04:37 PM
Premium Member

Save all the correspondence!!!!!
Old 03/22/2007, 10:34 AM
Registered Member

i still dont see where in the auction it says YUMA...all i see is electric pink ric....
Old 03/22/2007, 02:07 PM
Geek

Yuma or florida the pic of what was received looks very disappointing.. hopefully it will color up but not what i would call "bright pink"
Old 03/22/2007, 08:23 PM
Registered Member

To clarify things in regards as to the species, I asked the seller before purchase if it was a yuma, he said yes. What I received is unquestionably a florida. I also inquired about the size, he told me one a half inches. What I received was a brownish one inch florida ric. The size is not that big of a deal, it's just that it in no way lives up to what I was offered. The photo used in the auction is not even his own and most people who know rics would agree that it is a photo of a yuma.

Last edited by ntfish; 03/22/2007 at 08:34 PM.
Old 03/22/2007, 08:40 PM
Moved On

Quote:
Originally posted by ntfish
Now I know of two other people besides me that were sent Florida rics instead of a Yuma from this seller.. BTW, I just contacted Paypal to get the ball rolling on getting my money back.
Good deal. I think we should all contact this seller and voice our disappointments in what he is doing to our fellow reefers. If you go to his store page anyone who is an ebay member can contact him by clicking something he has for sale. What say ye? Shall we don our kilts and take up arms?
Might wait till ntfish gets it resolved first though. Just in case we make the person angry to the point of no return.
Old 03/22/2007, 08:44 PM
Moved On

Quote:
Originally posted by ntfish
To clarify things in regards as to the species, I asked the seller before purchase if it was a yuma, he said yes. What I received is unquestionably a florida. I also inquired about the size, he told me one a half inches. What I received was a brownish one inch florida ric. The size is not that big of a deal, it's just that it in no way lives up to what I was offered. The photo used in the auction is not even his own and most people who know rics would agree that it is a photo of a yuma.
Should contact the pic's owner or at least the site's admin and mention this transaction and that the pic is being used.
I don't normally like to cause trouble mind you, but the are just too many people out there taking us for a ride and it is beyond getting old.
This should be a lesson to us all. No WYSIWYG pic, no sale.
Old 03/24/2007, 08:38 AM
Registered Member.

That guy was using a picture of mine of some zoanthids, that he said he had taken in 20k lighting. I contacted him about it and made him take the picture down. He is a thief, that is not the ric you got in the picture I have seen the picture that he used for that auction and he has been borrowing pictures off the Internet for his auctions. He was using a picture of a zoanthid that I named on Zoaid.com and used my picture and in the details stated he took the picture in his tank. I would call your CC company as well. I would also put negative feedback and state that the picture used for the auction was not his as well. Looks to be another thief out there taking advantage of hobbyist.
Old 03/24/2007, 04:56 PM
Registered Member

I have left negative feedback for him/her (seems to be a husband and wife team) Sheri and Robert Kitsmiller of Batson, TX. I have opened a dispute with Paypal.
Old 03/24/2007, 08:40 PM
Geek

If you have their # or address now's a great time to sign them up for every free offer* or spam mail you can think of lol

*free offer = free trial but you get charged if you dont cancel blablabla sucks to be them.

I always like to get even with scammers
Old 04/09/2007, 08:32 PM
*Pico Freak*

Quote:
Originally posted by chrisstie
If you have their # or address now's a great time to sign them up for every free offer* or spam mail you can think of lol

*free offer = free trial but you get charged if you dont cancel blablabla sucks to be them.

I always like to get even with scammers
YAY! Let's all have a spam party!.

-Chris-