Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Coral Forums > Corallimorpharians
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04/23/2007, 01:12 PM
My Life for Aiur!

Nah, everything else is fine. I just think the stress from moving and the bulb was the culprit. Most of those were already stressed and fighting for their life before the move.
Old 04/23/2007, 01:53 PM
Ricordea ¤ Addict

That really sucks I hope I never have a die-off like that. I'd probably be freaking out. My rics are my babies lol

I am a proud member of the Chesapeake Marine Aquaria Society (CMAS). If you're in the Maryland area check us out!
Old 04/23/2007, 01:56 PM
My Life for Aiur!

Well, it seems like a lot, but because they were already struggling, I suspected them to either flourish or fail. Now, if my new ones died off, I would be worried. It's really just a coincidence that they all happened to die off roughly the same time.
Old 04/25/2007, 09:49 AM
My Life for Aiur!

Good news. It turns out that I only truely lost two Rics. Unfortunately my Pink/Green Yuma is 100% lost (RIP my little yuma), and the unknown one is definitely gone. On the other hand, I found TWO of the orangish peach ones that jumped ship. They had been attached to some netting that I glued down to a plug. They forced their way through the netting and split. I found the Blue R. florida that was hit by a rock. Lastly, my Blue Yuma still has some tissue left on the frag disk. You just never know if it will recover.

Also, the "Superman Yuma" has some extra tissue on the side of the piece of rubble it is on. It looks like it will grow into a new one!
Old 04/25/2007, 10:45 AM
Ricordea ¤ Addict

Well, thats good news The loss of the pink/green one probably hurts pretty bad though...

I am a proud member of the Chesapeake Marine Aquaria Society (CMAS). If you're in the Maryland area check us out!
Old 04/25/2007, 11:03 AM
My Life for Aiur!

Quote:
Originally posted by kiknchikn
Well, thats good news The loss of the pink/green one probably hurts pretty bad though...
Definitely the worst. This makes the score Hot Pink Yumas 4, Travis 0. Of course, I know the reasons of death for all of them, but it still hurts to have lost that much "value". I don't say money because I've wheeled and dealed for most of them.
Old 04/25/2007, 11:11 AM
Ricordea ¤ Addict

I'm still on a quest to find my first pink yuma, so you don't get that much sympathy from me... pink yuma killer!

Kidding aside, that really does suck. Not just for you, but for all of us that want a pink yuma and are hoping people can start propagating them at great numbers so they can be made less scarce.

Old 04/25/2007, 11:24 AM
My Life for Aiur!

Quote:
Originally posted by kiknchikn
I'm still on a quest to find my first pink yuma, so you don't get that much sympathy from me... pink yuma killer!

Kidding aside, that really does suck. Not just for you, but for all of us that want a pink yuma and are hoping people can start propagating them at great numbers so they can be made less scarce.
Yup, that is the reason why I've tried to get some good Yumas. The first one I lost was unhealthy in the first place, the second one was got knocked behing my rocks and promptly buried, the third one melted with my light meltdown, and even my Pink/Green one was nurtured to health in a friend's tank from being bleached. Then they new MH bulb and moving was too much for it. Now, I've finally got parameters extremely steady, the MH bulb is burnt in now, I don't plan on moving, and things are doing well. Now...I can't find a pink yuma.
Old 04/25/2007, 11:31 AM
Ricordea ¤ Addict

I've seen them a few times, but I simply can't afford them right now

I'm hoping to find some reasonably priced ones at MACNA, but the trick there will be getting it home healthy, considering I'm staying there for the whole conference.

Old 04/25/2007, 11:45 AM
My Life for Aiur!

I've been lucky enough to have some very good retailers around my area that are willing to work with people. I definitely don't have the money to purchase one myself, but a lot of the retailers are able to find not-so-healthy stock of amazing animals at a great price. FWIW, out of all four, only one of them was a true Hot Pink Yuma like Blazer88's. The rest were close knock offs. I've had 1 True Pink Yuma, 1 Pinkish with a Red Skirt Yuma, the Green/Pink Yuma you've seen, and one that I can't remember. I think it might have been a bleached red one. On the other hand, this new Superman Yuma has started looking better and better as the days go by. I have some better pictures of it, but they're at home.
Old 04/26/2007, 01:14 PM
My Life for Aiur!

Okay, I have some more pictures now. You'll like these alot!

Here is that Neon Green R. yuma again

The Purple/Green R. yuma is coloring up nicely. It looks to have olive green vesicles, but a deep purple body. You don't see the body often though

Lastly, here is the Superman Yuma. The first picture is a closeup of the second picture so you can get a general idea about color. The second picture shows more or less how it looks in the aquarium. I'm still extremely pleased about this guy

Old 04/26/2007, 01:15 PM
My Life for Aiur!

Here are some other shots that I took of my Ricordeas. Let me know how you like them.

Old 05/02/2007, 06:10 AM
Registered Member

that blue one rocks travis..

scott