Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Coral & Livestock Trading
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01/12/2006, 11:16 AM
Keeper(?) of Tim

Trading Crabs for 'Fame' in Tim's thread

Greetings all,

I am writing this message on behalf of Tim (SuperMantis). He has seen pictures of various hitchhiker crabs and nearly always falls immediately in hunger... I meant to type "love." If anyone reading this has tasty mantis treats... er... hitchhiker crabs with intentions of getting rid of the vile omnivores/coralivores he would love for you to contact me about getting them to him.

In the past he has enjoyed various (short-term) relationships with decorators, acro-crabs, gorrillas, teddy bears, many different mithrax, numerous hermits, all the rainbow colors of crabs and even a shellbacked crab. Of course he also enjoys the taste... um... company of snails, but he understands those to be much less available as nuisance creatures in other's tanks.

Tim has a long memory for people and generally keeps them on three lists:
- People he won't eat because he likes them
- People he won't eat because they smell funny
- People he will eat for various reasons

Do your part to make the first list.

Regards,

DM

(I find that Tim enjoys the vast majority of hitchhiker crabs and it is a much enjoyed pasttime of mine to capture these dinners on digital film for use in transcribing Tim's journal - here. Due to recent invasions of reality and finances, Tim's gourmet tastes have been forced to deal with more mundane feedings of frozen food and dried shrimp pellets. I fear he is making plans to escape and wander the surface world for mobile meals. Thanks in advance for your consideration)

Zoanthid collector, Monitpoa sp. afficianado, Yuma snob and fan of the Mantis family.
Old 01/12/2006, 05:46 PM
Registered Member

hahah this is the most awesome write-up.

I'll look out for some crabs when I go collecting. I can often find a great deal of various smaller crabs in the tide pools. I'll get back to you with my findings in about a week or so, when the water warms up down here.
Old 01/12/2006, 11:32 PM
Keeper(?) of Tim

Thanks Kimber!

Tim is practically salivating at the prospect (and may even be contemplating my demise less intensely).

Zoanthid collector, Monitpoa sp. afficianado, Yuma snob and fan of the Mantis family.
Old 01/12/2006, 11:36 PM
Registered Member

Just watch your fingers!
Old 01/13/2006, 07:52 PM
Fish nerd

Scott, sent you a PM on INDMAS but I'm never sure if that notification is working so thought I'd alert you to check.

Animals are such agreeable friends - they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms.
-George Eliot
Old 01/21/2006, 11:34 AM
Registered Member

Hey, I have a peppermint shrimp that's been making me mad lately...If you want him, he's yours.

Also, at Uncle Bill's West, there was this big ugly crab that looked more like a hairy brown softball with stubby legs. I've never been able to identify it, and they have no idea what it is...but I bet that thing would give Tim a run for his money...and a food supply for months!
Old 04/26/2006, 11:45 AM
Registered Member

bump for a good cause
Old 04/27/2006, 06:37 AM
Registered Member

Sent a PM for a few snacks
Old 04/27/2006, 03:41 PM
Registered Member

Bump for Tim!
Old 04/27/2006, 03:43 PM
Keeper(?) of Tim

PM'd you back Dav, Thanks!

Thanks for the *bump* as well guys. Truth be told, I'd forgotten about this thread (don't let Tim know)...

Old 04/29/2006, 09:24 PM
Registered Member

I would offer Tim my evil crab,
My evil crab was very good at eating bristleworms. He came with the tank, the previous owners didn't know he was in there. Here he is tearing a bristleworm apart and devouring it.

But I caught him a month ago and sent him to live at the LFS.