Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Buyer/Seller Feedback
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05/28/2004, 10:44 AM
Registered Member

Sent money via paypal to cnidariareef, ignored my replies on selling.

I had previously made an agreement to buy cnidariareef's IceCap 250W MH ballast off him for $90 (+$15 shipping). I sent the money via PayPal, and informed him via Private Message. He was quick to get the message (I can tell he checks his PMs frequently from the previous couple days) and withdrew the funds from his Paypal account. I expected a reply or a response informing me that he got the money and that he will be shipping the goods.

The next morning I sent another PM to get an acknowledgement on whether he got the money (although the PayPal status is "completed") and he never replied. I have sent about 5 more PM's to him but I can tell by the PM tracker that he hasn't read any further PMs from me since the night I told him that the funds are in his PayPal account.

I can tell he has been online a couple times since because I can see his last login time. It has now only been a couple days, but I have seen him online a couple times and no responses. This is why it has lead me to believe that he is a fraudulent seller.

I have contacted PayPal to investigate this further, but I caution everyone to not purchase off this guy.
Old 06/02/2004, 11:16 PM
Registered Member

Hmm, I'm having the same problem too. I purchased an RO3+ pendant from him. When I ask him if he shipped it he always says "will ship right away," but he never gives tracking #s or anything.
Old 06/02/2004, 11:54 PM
Registered Member

He keeps arguing with me that I never gave him enough time to respond, which is a bunch of crap.

If someone takes your money, you would expect them to get on it right away, or at least acknowledge you instead of brushing you off or telling you the same thing.
Old 06/03/2004, 12:02 AM
Registered Member

I would get a refund from paypal, especially if he's ignoring your PMs or he keeps responding that he'll ship right away.

He is still actively online, I saw him online today
Old 06/03/2004, 10:17 AM
Moved On

dirtyreefer, You paypaled me at like 2 in the morning, i didnt get back to you the next day and immediatly i have 4-5 PM's threatening me and a paypal dispute to boot. After ONE day!!!

I refunded your money 2 min after reading all your rediculous PM's and told you i didnt want to deal with someone as crazy as you. This was all of about 24 hours after payment you had a refund.

What else do you want? the refund and the ballast???

Mr. Alberta i just PM'd as well as 1 or 2 other memebers
Old 06/03/2004, 10:37 AM
Registered Member

cnidariageek:

Let's clear the air here...

If I paypaled you at 2am (which is 11 my time), why was the payment completed that night then? It takes 2 parties to complete the transaction dumba$$

Why would you accept the payment and not acknowledge? Little sneaky to me. And to say you were outa town or whatever for the next day. Well why was your profile "last online" in between the time you accepted payment and my THREE FRIENDLY PMs.

It's only when I saw you twice online since you got the money and had THREE PMs from me when I started sending your those threatening PMs, which was TWO days later. So don't try and turn this around.

I'm not crazy I just like to now rub your face in it and make sure all these other people on this board don't have the same experience I did. Besides you being a dildo to deal with, you need to learn how to spell.

And lastly, why did Mr. Alberta have the same problems I did? Him and I must be crazy then jacka$$
Old 06/03/2004, 10:46 AM
Moved On

ok lets get facts straight. It does not take 2 people to complete a transaction it goes right through.

I didnt say i was out of town, i didnt say anything all i said was i didnt get back to you for 1 day.

Mr. Alberta hasnt heard from me in the past 2-3 days, not since last week, ive been in touch with him the whole time, He also didnt send me any threatening PM's or post any thing negative abotu me.

GET FACTS STRAIGHT,

Paypal MAy 26th at 2:36 AM payment recieved
May 28th 12:13 PM refunded

basically i didnt get back to you on the 27th, checked my PM's on the 28th and saw you went Buserk, Refudned your money.
Old 06/03/2004, 11:37 AM
Registered Member

Good times on reefcentral!
Old 06/03/2004, 11:50 AM
Premium Member

Ok, a few problems need to be dealt with here.

First, name calling is not permitted and will NOT be accepted. Consider this your last warning in this respect dirtyreefer.

Secondly, I am unaware of any way to tell if someone has "withdrawn funds" from their account. A transaction is completed as soon as paypal "transfers" the money. No action is required from the seller for this to occur.

Less than 24 hours does not seem reasonable to post negative feedback - even if the person has logged on to reefcentral in the meantime. I often log in to RC to read some threads for relaxation when I am not in a position or mental frame of mind to do business. Other times I may be distracted by other more pressing business and cannot respond immediately. There's nothing wrong with that at all.

It may have been annoying, but it seems a bit of a jumped conclusion to state fraud occured.

If you want to know - ask. But I won't promise you'll like the answer.
Old 06/04/2004, 10:46 AM
Registered Member

Well me too I was told my package was sent UPS last thursday. I am in MI which is 3 days from anywhere and guess what ? no package OR tracking #s I have asked twice as i needed to take time off work this week but needed to be here to accept package never proof of shipping. OH well guess some people just dont care

todd
Old 06/08/2004, 10:37 AM
Registered Member

Any updates?
Old 06/08/2004, 10:47 AM
Registered Member

Ya- no money returned no merchandise and no replies to email or pms guess he doesnt realize the credit card company wont like this kind of shenanigans
Old 06/08/2004, 01:20 PM
Moved On

Ill join the ballgame. He told me on May 26th he had a IC 250 MH ballast for sale in response to my WTB post in that forum. He sent a pic, I paid on the 26th, he said a day or two later that he was going out to send USPS Priority Mail. I asked for tracking info he said none available and that should be here in day or two. Its been over a week, hes in NY im in NC. I have repeatedly emailed, PM'd, etc. Im now filing a Paypal fraud complaint. If you are out there cnidariareef i just want either the ballast or money back dont want any enemies just fair trade.
Old 06/08/2004, 01:24 PM
Premium Member

I'm sorry to hear these reports. Thanks for sharing your experiences.

Old 06/08/2004, 01:31 PM
Moved On

Gregt, it DOES appear now that fraud HAS occured.
Old 06/08/2004, 01:36 PM
Premium Member

Sorry guys. Hopefully he will make things right.

Old 06/08/2004, 02:26 PM
Registered Member

I'm glad I didn't jump to such conclusions, I felt like an profanity removed at first, but the way he handled the whole thing made me wanna post prematurely.

Your post is in violation of the terms and conditions of use of this web site and has been edited. Further violations will result in revocation of your posting privileges.
Old 06/08/2004, 02:30 PM
Premium Member

This is your last warning. We have a censor in place for a reason. Using creative spelling to get around it is not acceptable. This is a family site. Please respect it as such.

Old 06/08/2004, 03:27 PM
Registered Member

Sorry Greg
Old 06/10/2004, 03:06 PM
Registered Member

Has anyone heard anything from him yet? He hasn't been on, according to RC, for the past week.

Did everyone file a PayPal claim?
Old 06/10/2004, 06:52 PM
Registered Member

nope no word and i did file my claim and contacted CC company about it to dispute pmt please keep in touch here
Thanks
todd
Old 06/10/2004, 07:08 PM
Registered Member

It'll be interesting to see how he replies to 3 other dudes with the same accusation.

And I'll enjoy every minute of it.
Old 06/10/2004, 07:12 PM
Registered Member

he wont. propably thinks he got away with it LOL credit card companies frown on theft heheheheh
Old 06/10/2004, 07:26 PM
Registered Member

Either that or he signed up under another User ID and email address
Old 06/11/2004, 07:02 PM
Registered Member

Update:

I got my tracking number today. The package is still in NY with an estimated arrival date of June 17.

I'll let you know how it turns. out.