Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Buyer/Seller Feedback

Old 03/04/2007, 01:42 PM
Premium Member

Is this the same guy?
If not I am very sorry for putting you in the middle of this.
Please clear this person, if this isn't him.

http://archive.reefcentral.com/forum...readid=1061557
Old 03/04/2007, 02:34 PM
Moved On

Naw...different guy.

Any other help?

Drew
Old 03/04/2007, 03:17 PM
SPS PIMP

Drew I'll get my hands on all these stupid "LE" corals you want. No worries.
Old 03/04/2007, 04:07 PM
Moved On

Thanks Dick...I mean Richard. And I'll get you any equipment you need at wholesale...

Thanks again.

Drew
Old 03/04/2007, 05:12 PM
Indiana Jones Of SPS

Quote:
Originally posted by delv
Thanks Dick...I mean Richard. And I'll get you any equipment you need at wholesale...

Thanks again.

Drew

DVRC Vice President
Old 03/04/2007, 06:52 PM
Moved On

Any help finding SPStoner (Tony Nista)?

Does anyone have any contact info for Tony Nista, aka SPStoner? He has over $300.00 of mine and won't return emails, the corals I bought, or my money...here is the tread:

http://archive.reefcentral.com/forum...readid=1056349

I'm hoping one of you can give me a hand, I just want what I paid for, or the money at this point.

Thanks in advance,
Drew
Old 03/04/2007, 07:04 PM
Team RC Member

you'd probably have better luck posting inthe Cleveland forum. I believe he is a member of CSEA.
Old 03/04/2007, 07:10 PM
RC Mod

This thread has been moved to the current forum and merged.

I am pretty sure he travels quite a bit for work, he is probably just out of town.
Old 03/04/2007, 08:33 PM
Moved On

Yes, perhaps he has traveled to a place that has no internet...better yet, a place with no responsibilities...like Peter Pan...

Drew
Old 03/04/2007, 10:16 PM
moved here

I feel for you, Hugo has owed me $1550 since September.

The excuse I kept hearing was hardships and I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt (really tried) but six frigging months!

I've had my own share of hardships recently but as far as I'm concerned there's never an excuse to completely blow someone off (which is where my situatuation apparently rests). To do this to a fellow reefer/collector especially one that's tried *so hard* to be patient and understanding...

You (and I) have waited long enough. Colinadams' approach with paypal sounds like a good idea as does Jay's. If any portion of your payment was made with your credit card you may be able to file a dispute with them as well.

I started with paypal. Small claims paperwork can be done electronically as well.
Old 03/04/2007, 10:18 PM
Registered Member

I just can't see Tony doing this without a solid reason
Old 03/04/2007, 10:43 PM
Moved On

Mike, that really sucks...I guess being "understanding" hasn't helped either of us...

Well, as far as Stoner's reasons, I wanted Saturday delivery at first (I paid more)...that made it difficult. I then said any day would be fine (my wife could acclimate while I am at work)...so I understand why it might have taken a while, I had a specific request. This is no reason why he would not reply to my emails or refund me (like he offered and I eventually accepted)...

I have PM's, receipts, and emails (where he takes full responsibility and apologizes).

Drew
Old 03/05/2007, 03:23 AM
Gun runner

I too have dealt with Tony and am shocked at this. He was great to deal with and I cannot believe he would let his name get trashed over $300 if there wasn't something else going on. Someone from the Cleveland thread might know something.
Old 03/05/2007, 10:45 AM
First Class Aquatics

Drew - I replied to your other thread, but I am having trouble contacting him as well and he only lives about 15 minutes from me! I built him a custom refugium and now I'm stuck with it. PM me if you ever get in touch with him. The thing that burns me is that he replies to other threads on here but ignores all of my PM's.
Old 03/05/2007, 02:07 PM
Registered Member

There is no reason to take close to two thousand dollars from different people and then just vanish, period.

I have seen people have luck with the local authorities where the seller lives. If you persist, you can usually get some action out of them.
Old 03/05/2007, 08:22 PM
Sps Junkie

If he is reading emails and pm's and replying to other threads, then he basically ripped you both off plain and simple. I would gladly PM him, make sure you track it, then nicely explain the following;

You are going to be in touch with his local athorities and inform them that this person has stollen money from you and you are going to pursue this as far as you can. The guy ruined his reputation and its a shame!

There is NO reason why he doesn't refund your money plain and simple. If he wants to throw you a coral or two for free, then take it! Its worth all the trouble you have been put thru!

Best of luck to you and I hope both of you can get your money back.

Old 03/05/2007, 08:38 PM
moved here

Quote:
Originally posted by spankey
If he is reading emails and pm's and replying to other threads, then he basically ripped you both off plain and simple.
Another well-known reefer ripped me off, not the same person.
Old 03/05/2007, 09:39 PM
SPS PIMP

2/14 is the last post that I can find here.
Old 03/05/2007, 09:41 PM
Sps Junkie

Dang, maybe he isn't OK? Someone however replied that they PM'd him and it was read? Weird!!!
Old 03/09/2007, 11:54 AM
Registered my member

[profanity] File a paypal claim if you paid with paypal.

Contact his local police and file a report.
In fact, the guy who is owed 1500 should file a report of his own at the same time. That should get you more attention.

We had a scammer in our club and he owed people money on RC. The person who got scammed called the person's local PD and filed a report. They talked to the scammer and he then promptly refunded the money back to everyone he scammed.

Chris

Last edited by smiller; 03/10/2007 at 05:36 AM.
Old 03/10/2007, 05:38 AM
Garbologist

Quote:
Originally posted by tibbs2
profanity removed File a paypal claim if you paid with paypal.

Please review the RC User Agreement.

The Tribal Wisdom of the Dakota Indians, passed on from generation to generation, says that:

"When you discover that you are riding a dead horse, the best strategy is to dismount."
Old 03/10/2007, 12:24 PM
Moved On

Well, I've been really busy this week haven't pursued this at all...funny, SPStoner (Tony Nista) hasn't either. I suppose his intentions are clear at this point, he means to steal my money!

Does anyone know him personally and could perhaps convey this thread to him personally? I am more than willing to forward one of the many emails from him if there is a question of my honesty.

I suppose Monday I'll call his local sheriff.

Drew
Old 03/11/2007, 10:58 AM
Registered Member

If you call a clooection agency in his area they will collect all of your money plus interest from the day of default. If you get a good one they are really persistent and you'll only pay about 35% of the debt if its less then a year old. I've used one here in NY for a deabeat account that moved to another state and got all my money back. You pay nothing if they don't collect, PM me if you want the name of the one in NY.
Old 03/13/2007, 07:08 AM
Registered Member

any update on this
Old 03/13/2007, 09:35 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by mikeo1210
I feel for you, Hugo has owed me $1550 since September.

The excuse I kept hearing was hardships and I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt (really tried) but six frigging months!

I've had my own share of hardships recently but as far as I'm concerned there's never an excuse to completely blow someone off (which is where my situatuation apparently rests). To do this to a fellow reefer/collector especially one that's tried *so hard* to be patient and understanding...

You (and I) have waited long enough. Colinadams' approach with paypal sounds like a good idea as does Jay's. If any portion of your payment was made with your credit card you may be able to file a dispute with them as well.

I started with paypal. Small claims paperwork can be done electronically as well.
Dude I would fly where ever these [profanity]live and pay them a visit. They simply ROBBED YOU OVER THE INTERNET. [profanity]

Perhaps you should reread smiller's advice!~dc

Last edited by dc; 03/13/2007 at 08:14 PM.