Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > Feedback and Questions

Old 09/15/2004, 04:58 AM
m0delgator

"report post to moderator" button?

Many other online forums I've participated in have had a feature where there's an icon on every post that can be clicked to instantly IM a moderator (or several) who's online and responsible for the forum that the post is in.

This seems to prove useful in notifying moderators of harmful or outrageous posts as soon as possible, instead of letting them remain on the forum untouched until a mod wanders across them.

I don't see any similar feature here on Reef Central. Is it correct to assume that us users should just IM a moderator from the forum's list on the index page if we see something, or are you guys not too interested in any sort of self-policing along these lines?

Thanks.
Old 09/15/2004, 05:04 AM
Registered Member

Look in the bottom right hand links of you post...it is the middle link
Old 09/15/2004, 06:30 AM
troublemaker

Quote:
Originally posted by ADBtie
Look in the bottom right hand links of you post...it is the middle link
Right next to `open this post in it's own window' which is very useful if you want to link someone to one specific post. Click that button, copy the link, and you can link someone to page 23, and a specific post.

Then there's the Report button. Thus the exact post is linked to the staff, getting response directly to the issue. For hateful speech [etc.] it's best to use this button and use your posts to move things in a positive fashion, not give a rebuttal to the problem poster hard as that can be at times in my experience.
[you already seem to take that bent, though ]

I don't think we can access IP, but assume that's for staff use.

--
Only other `mystery' button is the `subscibe to thread' button below the quick-reply area. I'm sure you found that already, but others reading might not have.
Old 09/15/2004, 07:58 AM
m0delgator

Ha. Boy do I feel dumb. I've been looking for that link for months.
Old 09/15/2004, 08:04 AM
troublemaker

Uh oh, I'm in trouble now!