Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > SouthEast Region-Reef Club Forums > Middle Tennessee Reef Club (MTRC)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12/05/2007, 10:35 AM
Premium Member

Talking 4th Annual MTRC Frag Swap!

What: 4th Annual MTRC Frag Swap! (http://www.mtrc.org/meetings/fragswa...lfragswap.html)
When: January 19, 2008. 12:00 - 4:00 PM Central Time.
Where: Pleasant Green Recreation Center in Goodlettsville, TN. A map and directions are on the poster.

Admission Fee:
Admission is $5 for the general public or $3 if you can show current membership in a reef club, FREE for MTRC members and children under 12. Each person admitted will receive a coupon for a free appetizer at the Aquarium Restaurant at Opry Mills (while supplies last), and a door prize ticket.

Table Fee:
The table fee is $25 for a full table, and $15 for 1/2 table. Each reef club who is sending members can have one table for free for their club members. To arrange for a table, contact RC member crumbletop.

Raffle Tickets:
Raffle tickets will be available for purchase at the event. Tickets are $1 each or 25 for $20.

Sponsors:
Still working on sponsors and donations for the raffle. Things are coming along very nicely. Please visit our sponsors page at http://www.mtrc.org/meetings/fragswap/sponsors.html

Platinum Sponsors:
  • Air, Water, and Ice (7x$30 Gift Certificates, The Cube 150 gpd RO/DI unit). This is an awesome new RO/DI with 2 RO membranes, 3 full sized pre-filters, and a full sized vertical mixed bed color changing DI.
  • The Aquarium Restaurant: (300x Appetizer Coupons, 1x $50 Gift Certificate). The appetizer coupons will be given out to everyone who is admitted to the swap until they are gone. If you have not been, the Aquarium Restaurant at Opry Mills Mall is awesome and is worth a trip. Beautiful 200,000 gallon aquarium, and you can even arrange "back stage" tours!
  • Reef Nutrition: (4x Reef Nutrition Sampler Packs with Live TigerPods, plus ArctiPods, RotiFeast and PhytoFeast concentrates.) Randy, from Reed Mariculture and Reef Nutrition will also be setting up a table at the Swap. This stuff is awesome food for your reef
  • Hamilton Technology (250W 10K Ocean Lite Halide bulbs, 55W PC actinic and 10K bulbs, Digital Timers). http://www.hamiltontechnology.com/
  • Red Sea Max. A complete Red Sea Max aquarium setup including stand and Max starter kit containing everything needed to start the system up and get it ready for marine animals (starter kit contains 22 lbs. of Reef Base substrate, 55 gal Coral Pro salt, Hydrometer, supplements needed, food, test kits, etc.)
Gold Sponsors:
  • Tunze USA (Tunze Nanostream 6025, 2x Baensch Marine Atlas, Volume 1)
  • Reef Geek (ATI T5 light bulbs)
  • Sunlight Supply (Reef Optix 150 watt HQI pendant)
Sponsors:
  • Premium Aquatics (3x$10 Gift Certificates)
  • Saltwaterfish.com ($50 Gift Certificate)
  • Seachem
  • Oceans Wonders
A huge THANK YOU to all of our sponsors! We would not be able to put on this event without you!

Last edited by crumbletop; 12/05/2007 at 10:42 AM.
Old 12/05/2007, 10:51 AM
Registered Member

I cant wait for this...
Old 12/08/2007, 07:26 AM
Premium Member

Seachem actually upped to a Gold Sponsor. I just got the stuff in the mail. Several bottles of Reef Plus, Reef Complete, Carbonate, Magnesium, and Reef Dip. Very nice donation.

There are also sponsorships in the works with the LFSs here in the Nashville area, and Wayne is working on something with MRC.

There will be plenty to talk about at the meeting this evening
Old 12/08/2007, 07:59 AM
Registered Member

Wow! Great work guys. This is comming together. Can't wait for my first swap.

Jack
Old 12/08/2007, 10:27 AM
Premium Member

Wow....that Red Sea package would be nice!
Old 12/08/2007, 11:28 AM
Catch and release

Looking forward to it
Old 12/08/2007, 12:02 PM
Lazy Reefer!!!

SSSWWWEEEETTTTTTTTT!!! I gonna be there ...
Old 12/08/2007, 01:04 PM
Premium Member

We have nailed down the topics for Dr. Shimek's presentation. At the swap, Dr. Shimek will be speaking on the state of the worlds coral reefs and some things we as hobbyists can do to help preserve them.

Also, we rented out the center on Friday night so we can have an easier time of setting things up this year. That will be on Friday, January 18 and we will turn that into a club meeting. We'll use the time to set up tables and things, and go over last minute items for the swap. Dr. Shimek has agreed to do a special lecture for our club on Friday night on Coral Feeding and Laminar Flow

We are going to need plenty of volunteers to help out at the swap for setup, clean up, and during the swap for staffomg our club table, selling raffle tickets, staffing the admission tables, etc. This is our premier event for our club, so please be generous with your time More details will be forthcoming soon regarding opportunities to volunteer your time and how things will work.

Oh, and one more sponsor to announce -- ORA Farms will be donating some corals
Old 12/08/2007, 01:14 PM
Premium Member

Setting up the night before beats the heck out of getting up at 5:00 the morning of to get things in order. I doubt I'd be able to get there early enough, but what time is the meeting on the 18th? If I can get up there early enough, I'd love to help set up.

Good news on the ORA. I tried last year, but no beans. They have some nice stuff. With any luck, they'll send one of the new deepwater acros. This is going to be fun.
Old 12/08/2007, 10:01 PM
Registered Member

Sorry I haven't been around much latley but I will be at the swap and will help any way I can. I am not bringing any corals this year so other than a little time to look at others stuff I can be used all day. Great prizes so far!

Don't judge me because I can't spell. I use my brain space for more important things, like thinking of a fancy user name
Old 12/08/2007, 10:06 PM
Premium Member

It would be great to have you help, Angela and Gary!

Gary, right now the plan is probably to have the setup/meeting around 6:30 PM on 1/18.
Old 12/09/2007, 12:53 PM
Beer King

Ill voluteer my time to help out any way you need it. I stayed pretty busy last year helping everybody set up & carrying tanks for tom from glasscages.
Old 12/09/2007, 02:36 PM
New Aquatronica Fan

I'm definitely up for volunteer work as long as it doesn't create a conflict of interest with the raffle!

Just let us know when we need to get a schedule together.

Man... this Frag Swap is going to be amazing! What a great topic from Dr. Shimek, too! I am freaking excited! And its right at my birthday, too!

Brandon
Old 12/09/2007, 06:48 PM
Premium Member

When's your birthday, Brandon? Mine is the 14th (hence the frag swap dates in the past).
Old 12/09/2007, 07:08 PM
New Aquatronica Fan

The day after... Martin Luther King Jr.'s REAL birthday...

Brandon
Old 12/10/2007, 09:52 AM
Premium Member

Thanks, Jason and Brandon! I'll add you two to the list.
Old 12/10/2007, 09:53 AM
Premium Member

Frag Swap Poster

Here is a link to a pdf version of the poster (for higher quality printing)

http://www.mtrc.org/misc/fourthannualfragswap.pdf
Old 12/16/2007, 02:32 PM
Premium Member

Old 12/16/2007, 03:24 PM
Troll

Is that the same place it was last year?
Old 12/16/2007, 03:49 PM
#-_#-_ B _-#_-#

Yeah, it's the same place. We got the downstairs this year, so hopefully we have plenty of space.

"I want to be like captain kirk
get up every day and love to go to work
don't want to be like mr. spock
want to kick out the jams and rock the block"

-Bob Schneider
Old 12/18/2007, 12:27 PM
Premium Member

OK, Posters up in all the LFS in Murfreesboro except one (PetsMart) no place to put one, at least that was what I was told. but the guy in the fish department said he had a saltwater tank and was going to be there.

Norman
Old 12/18/2007, 09:19 PM
Premium Member

Thanks, Norman!
Old 12/18/2007, 09:22 PM
Premium Member

Only one month away!!!

Related "sister" threads:

Frag Swap Hotels:
http://archive.reefcentral.com/forum...readid=1274684

Initial listing of items people are bringing/interested in:
http://archive.reefcentral.com/forum...readid=1267685
http://archive.reefcentral.com/forum...readid=1274217

Frag Swap Volunteers (for MTRC Members):
http://archive.reefcentral.com/forum...readid=1268477
Old 12/18/2007, 09:26 PM
Premium Member

More frag swap sponsors!

The Aquatic Critter (Nashville LFS)
Emerald Bay (Nashville LFS)

Both are great supporters of our club and are Platinum supporters of the swap!
Old 12/21/2007, 03:11 AM
Registered Member

Is The Coral Gardens going to be there this year