Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > Reef Discussion
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05/30/2007, 03:11 PM
Girls Rule!

Quote:
Originally posted by Tehrab
Actually, you weren't being made fun of so much as I was mocking the guys posting in this thread (who have admirably carried on, unabated). It was getting somewhat annoying wading through all of the BS just to get to some actual nuggets of content.

Not that I am any better but I save it for more appropriate places like clubs, bars, church, my local butcher shop, etc. I tend to reserve my time here on RC in a desperate attempt to stave off complete disaster within this biological fiesta I have created in my living room.
Well if your making fun of my friends your making fun of me too. I understand what your saying, and I don't disagree with you. This thread is off topic at times. But that's what makes it my thread and fun to me and the people that actually enjoy it. I'd rather have a small group of my friends enjoy this thread then a hundred that I don't even know like it bc it's more technical.

I'm sorry if you don't like it. I would suggest ignoring it then bc it's certainly not going to get any better lol.

I hope you get your problems with your tank figured out. I know I was really frustrated when I started having problems too.
Old 05/30/2007, 03:40 PM
Registered Member

Come on Nano PICS PICS PICS! Please continue entertaining the majority of us, not the minority
Old 05/30/2007, 04:04 PM
This statement is false.

People are so serious... Adults chatting about marine aquariums and not allowed to mention anything that relates remotely to sexuality...

Sorry I am a bit late with this reply but only now read the last couple hundred entries.

NanoGurl - As long as you are not in violation of RC's policies (which I am sure you are NOT) - please carry on with your thread and ignore the conservative few. This is your thread - and if people are worried about explaining what "bi" means to their 8 year old son because he has been browsing on here, then I've got news for them. Bringing a child to *any* adult discussion group - be that online or in real life - has its risks.

If one is that conservative - that is your right. But then do not assume all 1.324 million people from all over the world registered on this site are conservative too - and use discretion with what your children are allowed to browse and what not.

I do not want to start a fight or cause problems - just raising my personal opinion on the matter and support for your reefkeeping endeavors and effort in updating this thread and keeping it light hearted.
Old 05/30/2007, 04:06 PM
Registered Member

Your tank, ideas, and sugar gliders are all fabulous! Thanks for the invite NG. I hope I can soak in enough info to make a go of it without disaster!

Kat
Old 05/30/2007, 04:33 PM
Girls Rule!

Quote:
Originally posted by Katgrrl
Your tank, ideas, and sugar gliders are all fabulous! Thanks for the invite NG. I hope I can soak in enough info to make a go of it without disaster!

Kat

TO REEF CENTRAL!

Thanks Kat! So happy you came over to the fun side!
Old 05/30/2007, 04:41 PM
Girls Rule!

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr31415
I do not want to start a fight or cause problems - just raising my personal opinion on the matter and support for your reefkeeping endeavors and effort in updating this thread and keeping it light hearted.
Thank you I appreciate the support!
Old 05/30/2007, 04:41 PM
Girls Rule!

Quote:
Originally posted by jasonmartin1313
Come on Nano PICS PICS PICS! Please continue entertaining the majority of us, not the minority
Ok ok ok ok!
Old 05/30/2007, 04:43 PM
Registered Member

Great Setup....I like the lighting just how it is. I was thinking of doing my 90 gallon that way.

Love the thread too...
Old 05/30/2007, 04:51 PM
Girls Rule!

Wednesday Update!

Okay, not much new and exciting for today's update! I got my hair done though! lol.

Ocean continues to do great with no spots or scraping. I am starting to think I'm safe for now. The next big hurdle will be in about a week when the cycle of worms may return.

Here are a few photos I took today due to extreme pressure to post something!

Photo of the tank today.

I tried to get a shot of my Purple Firefish. He won't come out, this is the best I could get. Sorry.

My fire shrimp would not leave me alone. Everytime I came to the tank to take a photo he would come investigage me. So I took this.

And here is a photo of a fragged mushroom rock I made. I fragged a mushroom and placed pieces all over this rock. Now it's really starting to take off.
Old 05/30/2007, 04:53 PM
Girls Rule!

Quote:
Originally posted by Kalied20
Great Setup....I like the lighting just how it is. I was thinking of doing my 90 gallon that way.

Love the thread too...
Thanks!

The setup for the lighting works great. I highly recommend it if you like the way it looks.
Old 05/30/2007, 05:33 PM
Registered Member

Is that a gigantic heater I see on the right hand side ? Why not put it in your sump (which I have yet to see any pics off.....) Another option would be to put it in your overflow box, that what I do with my 75g RR and 200W Visi-therm heater. Temperature stays fine with it in there. Then again maybe its not a heater at all.........

Trying to learn everything about something and something about everything...
Old 05/30/2007, 05:40 PM
Registered Member

Nice pics. Your tank looks great!
Old 05/30/2007, 05:49 PM
PRoTeCToR oF ALL ReeF ;)

NG - Nice pics like always! I like checking this thread new pics everytime ... Psssttt this week I finally figured how to adjust the camera. Thanks for the advice with the nikon.
Old 05/30/2007, 08:50 PM
Girls Rule!

Quote:
Originally posted by TRITON1
Is that a gigantic heater I see on the right hand side ? Why not put it in your sump (which I have yet to see any pics off.....) Another option would be to put it in your overflow box, that what I do with my 75g RR and 200W Visi-therm heater. Temperature stays fine with it in there. Then again maybe its not a heater at all.........
Nope, you're right.. good eyes! I placed another heater in their to help keep the temps constant for now while my tang battles the black ich. Higher temps helps him.. and the heater in my sump wasn't able to keep it stable at 81 degrees. It fluctuated too much which I didn't want to happen right now, so I just stuck this one where I could get to it easily.

The Jager heaters are huge. This one won't fit in my sump. It's like 17' long it's ridiculous.

Here is a photo of my sump. 29g.
Old 05/30/2007, 08:50 PM
Girls Rule!

Quote:
Originally posted by mecheng
Nice pics. Your tank looks great!
Thanks!
Old 05/30/2007, 08:51 PM
Girls Rule!

Quote:
Originally posted by joeyjoeq
NG - Nice pics like always! I like checking this thread new pics everytime ... Psssttt this week I finally figured how to adjust the camera. Thanks for the advice with the nikon.
Thanks Did you finally get it? How do you like it?
Old 05/30/2007, 08:54 PM
Girls Rule!

I got lucky and got to see my firefish tonight long enough to snap a couple of photos! He will dart out and eat and go back into the rock work. Every day he seems to get a bit braver.

Old 05/30/2007, 09:12 PM
Registered Member

Beautiful firefish. I miss mine so much. My orchid dottyback did him in.
Old 05/30/2007, 09:19 PM
Flips"R"us...U?

Awesome tank Nanogurl! How many inches is your sandbed?
[O] f
[S] weetness
Old 05/30/2007, 09:42 PM
Girls Rule!

Quote:
Originally posted by Ritten
Beautiful firefish. I miss mine so much. My orchid dottyback did him in.
Aww.. sorry to hear that I didn't know dottybacks were that aggressive? They are beautiful fish.

Thanks
Old 05/30/2007, 09:44 PM
Girls Rule!

Quote:
Originally posted by hawaiianwargod
Awesome tank Nanogurl! How many inches is your sandbed?
Thanks It's about 1.5" deep. I don't like a lot of sand. Basically just enough to cover up the black trim on the bottom of the tank. It was one 40 pound bag.
Old 05/30/2007, 09:50 PM
Registered Member

Dottybacks are the DEVIL! In my experience they are pure evil, despite their small size and pretty colors.

Trying to learn everything about something and something about everything...
Old 05/30/2007, 10:00 PM
Registered Member

Whew! Finally caught up. Great thread. It was really intersting to read. Prevented me from doing hw..Thanks i guess. But Great tank, I really love the open aquascaping. This was one of the more exciting 40+ page reads. (i read alot of them becuase i'm new to the hobby and don't have alot of money, so i just research, and read other peoples threads haha). But great tank, and awesome job recording the ENTIRE process. even tacos. mmmm
Old 05/30/2007, 10:34 PM
Registered Member

Hey NG, I think that is the first time I saw your sump, looks great just like your tank

This thread is the best!
Old 05/30/2007, 10:57 PM
Girls Rule!

Quote:
Originally posted by TRITON1
Dottybacks are the DEVIL! In my experience they are pure evil, despite their small size and pretty colors.
Wow, I did not know this. Thanks for sharing!