Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Buyer/Seller Feedback
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08/31/2001, 12:45 PM
Registered Member

Feedback for PLAYFAIR

I bought a single ricordea mushroom from David PLAYFAIR. The entire deal went smoothly. Fast shipment. The ricordea mushroom was healthy and beautiful, well-packaged. I would order from him again.

LgIslandreefers.

Last edited by LgIslandreefers; 08/31/2001 at 03:07 PM.
Old 08/31/2001, 05:07 PM
Registered Member

Would echo the above comments on 6 SPS frags I purchased from David earlier this month. All arrived healthy and well packaged; they appear to be taking hold quite nicely in their new home.
Old 08/31/2001, 10:33 PM
T.O. = F.U.

Will third the previous two statements. I bought a SEN 900 from him a couple months ago. Great deal great transaction. The shipping was a little more than the quote and he ate the cost. Definitely a good guy to buy from.
Old 09/01/2001, 03:11 PM
RC Staff

Playfair is a great guy and his frags are very nice, well packed and healthy. I would do business with him again anytime.
Old 09/05/2001, 10:28 AM
Registered Member

Great Contibutor to this hobby !!

He sent me some used DI cartridges so I could recharge them for a fair price.
Old 09/06/2001, 07:03 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by JohnL
Playfair is a great guy and his frags are very nice, well packed and healthy. I would do business with him again anytime.

I couldn't agree more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got 4 frags from Playfair and missed the first delivery date and had to get them the next day.....total of 2 days in transit and all of them made it and are doing great.Frags were huge too.

Thanks again David.

August
Old 09/12/2001, 04:09 PM
Registered Member

David sold me two MH ballasts. The transaction was perfect. I got exactly what was advertised. They arrived rapidly and in perfect condition. Highly recommended seller.
Old 09/15/2001, 12:57 AM
Registered Member

I got 6 frags from PLAYFAIR and they are very well packed. The frag are healthy and very colorful when received. I've just glued them on the LR in my display tank. A+++. Looking forward to get more frag in the future.
Old 10/16/2001, 07:42 AM
Moved On

Dave is the best..... A+++++ i got 5 frags from him and they were beautiful, smooth transaction, next day service. Need I say more??? He is a great guy, buying or just sharing info, he is definately a asset to the reefing comunity. And if you buy toady you get a free watch..thanks for the bonus watch Dave..(jk..lol), see our shipping temp testing here: http://www.reefcentral.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=40487 What else can i say? Have a great day all...
Old 03/17/2002, 07:35 PM
yes it's my aquarium

My Sarcophyton elegans {Fiji yellow leather}and Plerogyra {bubble coral}are frags from Playfair.They are doing great and they are VERY colorful.How many reefers can frag bubble corals? Top-notch rating for Dave,and the rest of his colorful corals, as well.I've seen them in person!
Old 04/11/2002, 08:43 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Well, I now have my own piece of the "Mistress", and what a nice piece it is. Received several SPS frags and some zoo's from David recently. Everything was smooth and the corals are excellent! To top that off, David Playfair seems like a great guy. This was definately an interactive deal.

Thanks David

Jonathan
Old 04/12/2002, 06:03 PM
Registered Member

just got a order for David. corals came in all good. will buy agian. A+++ to work with. nice one inch size frag(2"). thx David

souk
Old 04/26/2002, 11:11 AM
Aspiring Polymath

I received four frags from Dave. They were all outstanding. They were shipped well, and immediately acclimated to my aquarium. Thanks a bunch.
Old 05/03/2002, 04:05 PM
Registered Member

Coral

yfpm
Can you send me an email on my AOL address
Old 05/10/2002, 03:36 PM
Registered Member

I've got to post my Kudos for David. I just recieved 6 frags from him and they arrived as scheduled, packed better than any on-line order I've ever placed and to boot they were good sized frags!!

I am definately planning on doing some business with him in the futured. Wonderful communication between buyer and seller.

It's great that the hobby has people like David willing to spend his time, frag some corals, box them up and ship them, and then spend his time responding to all our PITA questions...

Thanks again David!

Ryan Cassidy
Old 05/11/2002, 08:36 AM
Premium Member

I just received a shipment of a great assortment of zooanthids plus 3 beautiful sps from David Playfair.

Extremely good quality plus great service. Would definately recommend.

Mark
Old 05/11/2002, 09:02 AM
Undecided..Newbie or Guru

I received 4 SPS from Dave. All the frags were in great shape, packaged very well and shipped on time. Great guy to do business with.

Mike
Old 05/12/2002, 01:31 AM
Registered Member

I just received 6 frags from David and all were very nice! price was unbeatable, packed well, nice size and very healthy and colorful. Dave's a great guy to deal with. I wouldnt hesitate to buy from him again. thanx Dave

Scott
Old 05/13/2002, 09:52 AM
Registered Member

Coral

David,
I want to thankyou for taking care of my request.I got the most beautiful and healthy pieces i have ever received from any other wholesale place or even a LFS.
I am so glad i saw you on RC.Not only are your prices the lowest on the net but also the best quality.
I would love to do business with you in the near future and your service is *****(5 Star).
At these prices i am sure you are doing it just to help other reefers get what they want and not to make money.

Thankyou you are the best.

Harjit
Old 05/13/2002, 09:47 PM
Registered Member

I purchased 6 frags from Dave. All arrived healthy and well packed. I will definitely buy from Dave again.

Thanks Dave
Old 05/16/2002, 06:18 PM
Registered Member

I bought 7 frags from Dave and I have great compliments.... The frags arrived, packaging was perfect, frags were huge, and they0 were extended even in the bag.

Dave is a great guy, very friendly, and easy to deal with....you'll have a good experience when you deal with him.

Dave is a great asset to our hobby!
Old 05/16/2002, 09:08 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Just recieved my second order from David.
Too bad this guy isn't a coral dealer. Dealing with him is so smooth there would be no need to deal elsewhere!

Great job David

Jonathan
Old 05/26/2002, 05:09 PM
Registered Member

I received 8 beautiful frags from Playfair yesterday.The colors and polyp extension on the SPS are amazing and the Zoos and GSP are beautiful. Great packaging and communication. Thank you,David-
Old 05/30/2002, 09:13 PM
Registered Member

Orange Ricordea

I purchased two bright orange ricordea polyps from
David Playfair, and they were of VERY high “quality�.

Well……….Thanks, the corals look fabulous and
the packaging was superb!
Old 06/08/2002, 05:58 PM
Premium Member

Purchased 6 frags from Dave. Extremely smooth transaction.....AAAA+++. Highly recommend doing business with. Would definitely buy from him again. Beautiful/Grade A frags that were packaged very nicely and arrived in great shape. An extremely accommodating and conscientious seller.

Many thanks Dave!!

Keith