Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > Reef Discussion
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04/05/2005, 07:28 PM
Boomer gave me this

I'm still alive

I have finally sorted out the tank. The builder got the tank wrong the first time and is now designing it on a CAD program so I can make sure its right. They are ready to build it right away, and I hope to be posting pics here as soon as I get it, and I will plumb and light it and get everything done right away, so just wanted to let you guys that are following this know what the deal is.

Thanks, Chris
Old 04/05/2005, 07:36 PM
Registered pineapple

looking forward to updates!
Old 04/13/2005, 07:44 PM
Boomer gave me this

well the tank is about 2 weeks out, hopefully less, I ordered the asm G-6. I cant decide on the lights, I have 3 250 watt MH right now and am just thinking of buying more, or maybe just go with the DE aqua medic units, they seem real nice. I want to go all MH maybe instead of doing the blue lights in PC or T-5's, maybe just a bunch of 14K MH's, what do you think??
Old 04/19/2005, 07:37 PM
Boomer gave me this

The g-6 is here, I'll snap some pics when I get time to upload them, its so time consuming, but I will get some going, I dont want anyone thinking I'm just playing around, I really do have the tank coming! The sump I am also having them make is 72x21x21 so it should be big enough, I need ideas to incorporate some bio filtration in it, it will be built as just an empty box basically, if anyone has any links to home built sump filter please let me know.
Thanks Chris
Old 04/19/2005, 07:49 PM
Pink People Eater!!!

sounds Sooo interesteing!

To reef, Or not to reef,

Whats the question?

Little C-4 Knockin at your door.
Yesh Commmanddaaa
(Red Alert 2, LionXFish)
Old 04/25/2005, 09:41 PM
Boomer gave me this

I got the final price for the tank, $4000 for a 1" thick CNC cut and welded tank, the skimmer is here, all 4 feet of it!
The sump I am making myself, I couldnt find anything big enough out there. Its a 150 gallon white poly from aquatic ecosystems. I will throw the skimmer in it and am thinking of a bio chamber filled with Kaldness floating media and heavilly airated, thats a copy of the nexus filter I have in my koi pond, so if anyone has thought about a system like this let me know. Will post some pics of the media or sump when it arrives
chris
Old 08/22/2005, 06:08 PM
Boomer gave me this

o.k. here we go

O.k. I now have a DSL so I can post pics, I have it full of water and some corals from my 180, I posted pics of the sump room, views from the 2 different rooms ( tank viewable from 3 sides) and the chiller and oceans motions mech room.Here is the sump room[IMG][/IMG] oceans motions meach room[IMG][/IMG] chiller[IMG][/IMG] view from rec. room[IMG][/IMG] view from t.v. room[IMG][/IMG]
Old 08/22/2005, 06:10 PM
Boomer gave me this

well thats way easier than dialup LOL, I can take pics of other stuff, I am still working on a lot of stuff, the tank has only been running for a couple weeks, so I still have a bunch of odds and ends to take care of
Old 08/22/2005, 06:14 PM
Moved On

that is freakin awesome..600gallons I'd have a shark in that bad boy and a blue spotted ray.
Old 08/22/2005, 06:17 PM
Boomer gave me this

yeah well I have a lot of exposed sand space, so that could work. But really it doesnt seem that big, its like the bigger you go the more you want even at 600 :0
Old 08/22/2005, 06:19 PM
Just call me LDogg

very nice....
Old 08/22/2005, 07:16 PM
Reef Addict

sweet tank.... I love the tangs! But doesn't the light spilling out the access hole bug you?? I think it would drive me crazy!
Old 08/22/2005, 07:23 PM
Boomer gave me this

spilling out the access hole? what do you mean the tiny amount that seeps out the gap in the hood? or the light that just shines out of the tank itself?
Old 09/06/2005, 07:00 PM
Boomer gave me this

I got a few new tangs, a large unicorn, a male naso with streamers, they all seem to be pretty happy together.[IMG][/IMG]
Old 09/06/2005, 09:03 PM
Carpe Noctem

Nice work! Looks really good. Any construction, misadventure or behind the scenes pics?
Old 09/06/2005, 10:17 PM
Boomer gave me this

I have posted some construction photos already, not near as extensive as others on here but thats because I had dialup until recently and it took so much time I never loaded any photos. I dont really know of stuff to take pics of, its all pretty standard, except for the materials I used for the bio filter, its from the newest koi pond filtration industry. I know it seems wierd, but I wanted to expeiriment with something nobody has tried, so far it seems to be working good, and one other advantage besides a very high surface area is that it traps all the microbubbles before they can get to the pump. I may get a photo or 2 of that if anyones interested in it.
Chris