Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > The Lounge
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Shopping on the internet is called what?
Shopping online 6 100.00%
Shopping offline 0 0%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06/16/2005, 08:45 AM
yawn

Off line or Online?

So not to point out anyone particular, but I've met alot of people that talk about shopping on the internet as buying stuff "off line". I was wondering how many people say it this way. It really confuses me personally, but I might be the weird one
Old 06/16/2005, 08:52 AM
Registered Member

I would think that purchasing "off line" would be purchasing from a retailer, and purchasing "on line" would be from the internet. But we NY'ers can be weird!!!

Cheryl

PS - did you know that the saying "stand ON line" came from Ellis Island? They had colored lines on the floor that corresponded to your nationality, and you had to "stand on line" to get through immigration. I guess a lot of NY'ers say "stand on line" while in other parts of the country you stand "in" line.

Just a little Cliff Claven factoid for the morning!!!
Old 06/16/2005, 10:36 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by clavery
I would think that purchasing "off line" would be purchasing from a retailer, and purchasing "on line" would be from the internet. But we NY'ers can be weird!!!

Cheryl

PS - did you know that the saying "stand ON line" came from Ellis Island? They had colored lines on the floor that corresponded to your nationality, and you had to "stand on line" to get through immigration. I guess a lot of NY'ers say "stand on line" while in other parts of the country you stand "in" line.

Just a little Cliff Claven factoid for the morning!!!
Thanks Cheryl I'm sure I'll be needing this one ... I have never done more than register my plates on line , I like to see what I'm buying ...

TheBimbo

so...what are you wearing...?

panties...?

lace panties...?

that's what I'm wearing - ScubaDave and the telemarketer...

Life can be short, just like me... Live it to the fullest!!! Family is always there for you NO matter what, just like a "true friend" would be... A cheat is a cheat, and are always busted...