Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > The Lounge
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06/15/2005, 05:46 PM
Dino - Victim of Women

Countdown to emilye's puppy

So how many more days? Got everything ready? Beagle boys ready for their new buddy?

"And who could have ever guess that Dino is apparently the smartest man on the planet?" - jgoodrich71
Old 06/15/2005, 08:20 PM
Registered Member

yeah, what dino said.

AND...where are the pictures you promised????
Old 06/15/2005, 09:15 PM
Registered Member

Thanks guys!!!! The breeder hasn't sent me any more pictures!! It's like she has a life or something!! It's only six more days!!! WHeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! I get to pick up Aspen on tues the 21st. My house is clean, I've re-read "Before and After You Get Your Puppy" by Ian Dunbar, and my doggie friends here are having a "Puppy Shower" for me on Saturday. I expect lots of chew toys! (It sounds corney yes, but I never had a wedding shower or a baby shower so I'll take it!!) I'm sooooo excited I can barely contain myself--Thanks for remembering me guys!!

In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog. - Edward Hoagland
Old 06/15/2005, 09:34 PM
Registered Member

Oh you must be sooo excited... We are going to expect pictures... And not just 1 or 2, we want oodles of them ...

TheBimbo

so...what are you wearing...?

panties...?

lace panties...?

that's what I'm wearing - ScubaDave and the telemarketer...

Life can be short, just like me... Live it to the fullest!!! Family is always there for you NO matter what, just like a "true friend" would be... A cheat is a cheat, and are always busted...
Old 06/15/2005, 09:39 PM
Registered Member

This is the last photo I have of him and that was at three weeks. He's probably a LOT fuzzier by now....

In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog. - Edward Hoagland
Old 06/16/2005, 04:34 AM
Dino - Victim of Women

5 more days

I see he has those blue eyes, just something about that color of eyes I really like. So you going to be there first thing in the morning, waiting on the doorstep ready to get your fuzz ball?

Its taken me like 10min to type this, I just keep looking at that picture, he's in good hands and is going to be a great doggy .

"And who could have ever guess that Dino is apparently the smartest man on the planet?" - jgoodrich71
Old 06/16/2005, 05:12 AM
Registered Member

Nice Pup.
Paws don't look too big
Very sharp looking markings.

The memories of a man in his old age,
Are the deeds of a man in his prime.
Pink Floyd
Old 06/16/2005, 05:19 AM
Medieval French Monkey

Can't wait to see the new arrival, Emily! What type of breed is this again? Very cute.
Old 06/16/2005, 06:34 AM
Registered Member

He is a red merle Australian Shepherd. And I love the stripe up his nose!! His eyes will probably not stay blue although in the reds they can. From what I've read on Aussie websites and from what little I can tell in the pic he may have what's called marbled eyes, meaning brown and blue. The breeder is about an hour or so away and I'm going to pick him up at 11 am. I almost suggested 10 am to her but at the time I thought I was bringing my kids and I didn't want to try to get them and us around and out the door that early. (not that it matters, i'll probably be up at 5 anyway! )

Old 06/16/2005, 06:40 AM
Dino - Victim of Women

Early? I would be the one sitting on the front lawn waiting for them to wake up...

Be sure to tell us what kind of toys he gets at the shower! So what trick you going to teach him first? (Besides going potty OUTSIDE!)

Old 06/16/2005, 06:51 AM
Registered Member

Well I'm actually kind of in a panic b/c you really only have one month after you get them (at 8 wks) to get them as socialized as you can. And we only have one car right now which my husband takes to work so it's not like I can throw him in the car and take him places. Luckily we live next door to an ice cream shop so i can take him over there in the evenings when it's busy and have him meet people. The socialization thing is really my main worry right now followed very very VERY closely by a reliable recall. I could not trust Timber (my last aussie) off leash at all, she had no recall. I'm also concerned I may hug him too much, since chances are his poor feet won't touch the ground for the first week he's home!

Old 06/16/2005, 08:34 AM
Registered Member

Oh, a Puppy Shower. I love it!!!!!! Will there be a dog jumping out of a cake? Dog Bone goodie bags? What a great idea!!!!!

Can't wait to see more pictures of Aspen. He's such a cutie.

If you live anywhere near NYC and need a dog sitter, let me know. I have quite a bit of free time on my hands these days!!

Cheryl
Old 06/16/2005, 09:29 AM
Dino - Victim of Women

Quote:
Originally posted by emilye2
The socialization thing is really my main worry right now followed very very VERY closely by a reliable recall. I could not trust Timber (my last aussie) off leash at all, she had no recall.
Another thing I love about Harley, great recall. I can call him off when he's on a dead run after a rabbit. Its a good thing he's good off leash because he spends 95% of the time off leash. Don't worry I'm sure he'll turn out good. We'll be waiting for pictures!

Old 06/16/2005, 09:35 AM
Registered Member

Clavery-Well how much free time do you have? It's only a five hour drive......

Today I'm going to get out the kennel and clean/sanitize that and get it set up. Thankfully our weekend is a bit busy so that should help keep my mind off things. Saturday is the party, sunday is a birthday/father's day party, monday will just suck giant ostrich eggs, and then TUESDAY!!!

Old 06/16/2005, 09:58 AM
Registered Member

can't wait to see the new family member!
Old 06/16/2005, 10:17 AM
Dino - Victim of Women

Remember, he may be a fuzz ball and look like he wants to play all the time but you need to put him down and let him sleep sometime! I can already see that you're not going to get anything done for the week after you get him.