Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > SouthEast Region-Reef Club Forums > Orlando Reef Caretakers Association (ORCA)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11/17/2006, 07:47 PM
Premium Member

10 gallon

Bryan,
You said that the light flickered and might need a new ballast. There are 2 ballasts in it and neither flickers, they won't even come on! What I looked at was a 5 gallon bucket with a birds nest of wires because you didn't feel the need to unplug everything. A 10 gallon tank cost 10-15 dollars at most stores. The powerhead was supposed to be two (2). I got one. 50.00 lbs of sand would be hard to carry around in a 10 gallon tank. 30 lbs of sand seeded with some from your tank is a long way from 50 lbs. As for me being ok with it, that was when the light only needed 1 ballast. This was to be a quaranteen tank. If you would have been upfront with me I probably would not have made the 94 mile trip each way for a setup that didn't work. I didn't make a big deal when I picked it up because I don't make a big deal about small issues. A flickering light that works and less sand is not a big deal. A light that does not work and all the other small discrepancies is a "BIG" deal. This was sale was misleading from the beginning.If what I was going to get from you wasn't as described, then you should have listed it more accurately.
Old 11/18/2006, 11:42 AM
Registered Member

tank

This sale was accurate an u had time to ask any questions about anything.A bucket full of wires i did not unplug is a little misleading to.U saw everything an i am sorrry for any confusion on your part.TANK=15.00,LIVE ROCK=80.00+-,HEATER=35.00,HANG ON BACK FILTER=20.00,POWERHEAD=25.00,LIVE SAND(approx 40-50lbs)+-=75.00,POWER STRIP,TIMERS AN MISC=50.00+-,LIGHTING SYSTEM WITH 2XNEW BULBS=150.00,Bucket=5.00,everything=455.00+- for 75.00= a very good deal,thanks
Old 11/18/2006, 02:53 PM
Registered Member

that sucks you feel you got screwed. i don't know the details, but have dealt with bryan before, and he's a standup guy. doubt he screwed you intentionally.
Old 11/18/2006, 08:54 PM
Premium Member

10 gal

If he was a stand up guy he would try to make amends. He has not even offered to see if something can be worked out. We met behind a gas station where there was no light so I couldn't see everything. I generally trust most people till they give me a reason not to. I had no reason to believe that I was not getting what was advertised.
Old 11/18/2006, 10:51 PM
Nano Reefer

I'd probably try to move this to pm/email/phone calls until you get it resolved. Bit quick to post it on the public forum for all to see before theres much of a chance for a resolution.
Old 11/19/2006, 01:45 PM
Registered Member

sounds like a hellofadeal for 75$ to me
Old 11/19/2006, 01:51 PM
Registered Member

I think people should just mind their own buisness and leave this between the 2 of them, but than again I think there are alot of disrespectful people on here too.
Old 11/19/2006, 02:10 PM
Registered Member

it would only be between those two, except this was posted for everyone to see on a PUBLIC forum.
Old 11/19/2006, 02:56 PM
Nano Reefer

amen. i reported the post to a moderator. stuff like this shouldnt be cluttering a positive PUBLIC forum.
Old 11/23/2006, 02:00 AM
RC Staff
American

Quote:
Originally posted by InLimbo87
amen. i reported the post to a moderator. stuff like this shouldnt be cluttering a positive PUBLIC forum.

Often times, a resolution can not be made until a situation goes public. Parties seem to be more motivated to come to some sort of compromise once something gets posted like this, especially if they have a constant stream of stuff to sell.
A thread like this, and a report to a Mod get the staff looking into post history. We have bagged and banned many commercial members that refuse to play by the rules that way.
As far as this dispute, I don't know any of the people involved, but I still have a feeling about who's right and wrong. As long as the discussion remains civil, there is no reason to close/remove it.
If someone makes it less than civil, they chance losing their ability to post here.
My suggestion is that the two people involved discuss it like adults, here or in PM and come to an agreement they can both live with.

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved

at the same level of thinking we were at when we

created them." Albert Einstein

I'm pretty sure it's Mike's fault.....