Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Marine Fish Forums > Anemones & Clownfish
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07/30/2006, 02:47 PM
Registered Member

whoo. moving the tank tomorrow

please channel all your good energy my way!!
picking up a u haul cargo van in a little bit and starting the tear down at 9 am. got three boys to help, and a heck of a lot of rubbermaids!!

Started up a brand new r/o d/i machine today just in case i need more than 30 gallons of water, and my sand is as clean as i can get it.

Im a nervous wreck. Ill be 'peeling' my anemone up if its connected to more than 1 rock. (pretty sure its just one!!!)
fish are looking very healthy. I THINK im as prepared as i can be.
although im expecting unwanted issues.

wish me much luck please! Ill have before and afters by tomorrow night

-Had to find some higher ground, had some fear to get around-
Old 07/30/2006, 06:20 PM
Registered Member

Ok heres the before pictures. Just went over there to pack and take all the nutients and clutter. remembered to buy new hooks to hang the light (ha one problem diverted lol) and cleaned all the pumps and skimmer etc so I wont have to waste time tomorrow with them.

Heres my bta about a month ago. In the next pic you can see how its taken over the whole ledge rock (stung lots of zoas. and the shrimp hates his home now )

The cave/bridge on the right feebee made by herself. moved gravel for months and cleared it out enough so she could swim behind and thru the other hole. also dug the huge crators around the nem lol

from right to left

so happy with my seafan. thought i was gonna lose it. and i put it directly in front of maxi jet and its opening agian!!

had to sneak this one in. they look happy
- steve and feebee-

so... Im thinking two islands. But im not sure how it would look since its a bow front. I dont like my setup now, except the two bridges. (and i really want to get rid of all the polyps, but my better half bought them, and I think it would stir the pot)

any decorating suggestions with a bow front? need a cave and some ledges. got some epoxy if i need it...

Old 07/31/2006, 02:21 PM
Registered Member

well. just returned the uhaul. It wasent to bad. I was way more nervous than needed to be.
A few issues...
1. It was me alone from 8:30 to 10:30... wasent supposed to b that way. I packed the corals up then moved the nem.. then wondered where everyone was at... in the end, the corals were bagged much longer than they should have been.. but they all seem ok.

2. more cloudiness than i expected from the sand. I used the garbage bag method but my water is still a little murky 4 hours later

3.. no studs in the ceiling where i needed them. lowes isent far

on a good note, I dident even have to CATCH the clowns. I put a rubbermade IN the tank, picked up the nem (was and is still connected to 1, very small rock) and the fish just dove in with it.

I like the tank arrangment for the most part. 100 times more than what it did look like.

The nem is folded in half just a bit right now. It seems to be repositioning its foot. I put it where I like it, we'llo see where it ends up

Im going to wait for a bit more cloydiness to pass and the corals to look a bit better and Ill show some pics.

Old 07/31/2006, 03:28 PM
RC Mod

Quote:
Originally posted by TOURKID
well. just returned the uhaul. It wasent to bad. I was way more nervous than needed to be.
Sounds like you did a fine job, congrats

One or two of us knew you were more nervous then necessary, but we all are our first big tank move ;>)

Keep up the good work
Old 07/31/2006, 04:03 PM
Registered Member

ok, i have a few pics
I forgot one other problem. my female maroon was trying to push around rocks i had moved (huge ones) and she has a cut on her face. her slime coat 'ripped' sorta so it looks like a clear bumped gash. doesent seem to be acting strange

And.. landlords gonna love this... black mold spots all over the carpet.. was under the stand. YIKES

any suggestions appreciated. not sure if some of the lps are to close to the light. I put the mushrooms in the cave because i thought that was right, but now im not sure. theyve never acted real healthy so i figured maybe it was to much light (250watt)

thanks everybody for the great suggestions on moving. would have overlooked alot without everyone

heres that spot on her face

nem seems a lil buried. hopefully it 'pops out' soon

thanks for letting me share.

Old 07/31/2006, 05:45 PM
Registered Member

Looks like a fine job to me.
Old 07/31/2006, 09:17 PM
RC Mod

Clown looks like she'll be fine, but if it begins to erode(double in size) be prep'd to catch her and treat her with some antibiotics.
Old 07/31/2006, 09:27 PM
Registered Member

yep. just mixed up some extra salt water and located my qt tank.. (under a pile of bedding, i love moving)

What would u suggest for somthing like that? I have 'erythromycin' a broad spectrum bacterial antibiotic.. maracyn2... i donno shes a healthy fish so I think she'll be ok

It looked a little better right before lights out, and I gave her some selcon soaked food.

Hope to fill the qt with a new fish soon

Bta really looked like it wanted to move, it swelled its foot all up and it started to lift.. and nothing happened! When it used to walk, it would always do it as soon as the lights went out. hopefully it was just settling in

Old 07/31/2006, 09:38 PM
RC Mod

Quote:
Originally posted by TOURKID
i donno shes a healthy fish so I think she'll be ok
I think she'll be fine too, especially if you have that QT ready

fwiw: Maracyn+Maracyn2 worked pretty well for me in the past...
Old 07/31/2006, 10:01 PM
Lazy reefer

I am glad things went well.
Old 08/01/2006, 09:00 AM
Registered Member

yeah, shes all healed up. looks fine.
so... now I get to think about what fish to get
two more total i think..... saving 1 space for a mandrin eventually
would like a swimmer......