Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > The Lounge
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05/19/2005, 12:28 PM
Registered Member

Anyone watch Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith last night?

Anyone watch Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith last night at 12? What did you guys think? I LOVED IT!
Old 05/19/2005, 12:41 PM
Registered Member

i saw it this morning at 6:20 it was much better then the other 2.. over all a great finish to the set.
Old 05/19/2005, 12:55 PM
Registered Member

Yeah I really did not like number two, number one was awsome, and this one just ended everything nicely...I still want more, lol
Old 05/19/2005, 01:28 PM
Ancient Eskimo Legend

It was substantially better than the first two of the series. Lots of action, the turning of Anakin was done very well. Even the acting was good in this episode.

Nook

"The wind blew, the detritus flew and then they came two by two."
Old 05/19/2005, 05:11 PM
I hug trees, not Bushes

I did. Definitely the best of the three, possibly of all six. Stood in line at 10pm, movie started at 12:30. Totally worth it. It's fun being a dork.

All statements have been peer reviewed.
Old 05/20/2005, 06:40 AM
Premium Member

I went to see it at at a midnight showing Wednesday night. I thought it was very good. Very dark. The effects were excellent and the transformation to Vader weas very well done.
Old 05/20/2005, 07:42 AM
2007 Eastern Conf. Champs

Saw it Wednesday night midnight, also. By far, the best of the 6. The effects were great, especially the anakin/vader transformation and the fight between Samuel jackson and palpatine, that was just wicked. Watching his face shrivel up like that...

Old 05/20/2005, 09:15 AM
RC Mod

We saw it Thursday morning, much easier.

It was without question the best of the new three, and I would argue the best of the 4 that Lucas directed. I'd give it more than one viewing to decide for sure, but I still think Empire is better.

Fortunately McGregor and McDiarmid were able to overcome Lucas' directing. Portman and Christianson did the best with the lines given to them, which were horrid at times.

I had thought that the worst, tackiest line of the movie was "She's lost the will to live". Then Lucas topped it near then end by having Vader yell/whine "Nooooooooo!"

I did like that Grievous was still hacking from the damage Windu had done to him from before the movie.

Dave
Old 05/20/2005, 09:59 AM
Registered Member

I saw it yesterday morning.

It was easily the best of the new movies and IMHO, up to par with the first three. I still think Empire was the best but this was close.

I was glad they took the overactive background CGI down a notch, I really thought the other two were too "busy" and it detracted from the film. The acting was better, the action scenes were great. I even chewed my nails off of one hand near the end.

Overall, thumbs up. I'm glad Lucas finally got a new one right.
Old 05/20/2005, 02:34 PM
Premium Member

Saw it yesterday afternoon. Printed my ticket from fandango, got there right before it began, and walked right in and found a near center seat...it's nice being single.

I felt it was very dark and negative, which, I suppose, is what it was supposed to be. Better than Clone Wars, for sure, but I sure liked the pod race in Phantom Menace.
Old 05/20/2005, 03:14 PM
Go Sooners!

I saw it yesterday at 4:30. I thought Ep 1 was good, Ep 2 was better and this is just the icing on the cake. I did feel like it started off a little slow as far as the story goes. But once they got to the first lightsaber duel with __________ (I dont want to ruin it for anyone) it started picking up. In my opinion it was a very evil movie. Very dark and very good. The was everything ties together was awesome.
I cant believe that some parents were getting pi**ed off at Lucas because of all the violence. And the way he put it "this is my story, I'll tell it like it is", I mean was great. I as well would like more, but unfortunately thats it. No more.
Old 05/20/2005, 03:35 PM
I hug trees, not Bushes

Does anyone think that episode 7-9 will be made in the next 10 years?

Old 05/20/2005, 04:16 PM
Premium Member

I think Lucas said no way, he was done. He said he is going to make small, artsy, independent films. No joke.
Old 05/20/2005, 08:16 PM
Registered Member

that really sucks.. i wish he would make 7-9! what supposed to happen in those anyways? i know there is supposed to be someone name anikan solo..and i heard a rumor of luke turning to the dark side. anyone know what's supposed to go on?
Old 05/21/2005, 08:05 AM
Go Sooners!

Quote:
Originally posted by clown fanatic
anyone know what's supposed to go on?
Nothing's going on. Don't get your hopes up. Lucas already said he wouldn't. Besides, let's just say he would make them. Who would play Solo, Luke and Leai? Surely not the original actors.
Old 05/21/2005, 08:34 AM
Registered Member

lol..i'm glad i'm not the only one who knew about episodes 7 - 9 supposedly happening...people around here think i'm crazy.. but to go one step further,,when i did hear about it back in...gosh the 80's... Mark Hamill was on Merv Griffin.. i thought he said the contracts were already set..so that it definately would happen... oh well.. but ya i agree..i was looking forward to those 3 the most..
Old 05/21/2005, 11:21 AM
I hug trees, not Bushes

I think there might have actually been 12 epsiodes originally planned. My guess is that Lucas will write the screenplays for them and let someone else direct.

Old 05/21/2005, 12:42 PM
Registered Member

From what I have heard I am almost positive that Lucas has put an end to anything that involves starwars. However, when I was talking with one of my friends last night about the acting in Star Wars we came up with this theory.
If you go to see star wars expecting good acting then you lost yourself somewhere along the way. Harrison Ford in unquestionably the best actor star wars has ever had, but everyone else is just and amature. Mark Hamil is now doing voices on "Robot Chicken"(a show on adult swim done by Seth Green) and Carrie Fischer quit acting 15 years ago. So from this I urge you not to go to star wars excpecting good acting.
Old 05/21/2005, 12:52 PM
Registered Member

harrison ford, comeon...its r2d2 all the way as the best actor in the series.
Old 05/21/2005, 04:01 PM
I'm Rick James @#$%&

uhm, Mark Hamill is a broadway actor....

and yes there are supposed to be 9 episodes to the series...
just because lucas is done, doesn't mean the other 3 are. that may actually be something good

rememeber, the best place to store alcohol is your bloodstream....
Old 05/21/2005, 04:17 PM
High on Reefing!

We watched it.. I thought it was awesome... I thought that having already seen the origional three kinda killed episode III though. Becauase you already know whats going to happen when you watch. There was no real suspense from that... But I loved it non the less!
Old 05/21/2005, 04:30 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by salty toes
and yes there are supposed to be 9 episodes to the series...
just because lucas is done, doesn't mean the other 3 are. that may actually be something good

Try again
Old 05/21/2005, 04:43 PM
Premium Member

I saw it. Thought it was by far the best of the newer movies, and either the 2nd or 3rd best overall. I think Anakins transformation was a little rushed IMO, but overall the acting improved greatly (Except of course, for the loves scenes).

Furthermore, when code 66 occurs, I was actually heartbroken to see what happened. Not to mention the amazing scene right after Anakin and Obi-Wan fight. Both of those scenes almost brought a tear to my eye.

~
Old 05/21/2005, 05:45 PM
Xenia Philanthropist

Maybe someone who has seen the newer movies more than once can answer this. Didn't Anakin go to Tatooine (sp?) before so he would know where they may have placed Luke? I just thought I remembered that he had been there.

Luke's uncle is Padame's(sp?) brother, right?

Crystal
Old 05/21/2005, 05:55 PM
Go Sooners!

Quote:
Furthermore, when code 66 occurs, I was actually heartbroken to see what happened.
I know what you mean. It's like, you knew it was going to happen, just not how/where/when and by whom. I actually did get a little teary eyed. And what about the "younglings"? That was something.

Quote:
Luke's uncle is Padame's(sp?) brother, right?
Actually Luke's uncle is Anakin's stepbrother.