Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Coral Forums > Corallimorpharians
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03/18/2005, 07:43 PM
Registered Member

white tip dead or alive??

i recieved a shipment of a wite tip musroom actuall about 5 on a large piece of LR when it came it stunk real bad is this normal, i tested the water it came in and it was 1.0 amonia bad!! yeah i know. well its quareentened now and i dont know if im trying to save the LR or the mushroom they are tan and seem to be coming off the rock abit, this is my first shroom. is it dead?? it seems to be alive but i just cany understand if it smelled so bad how it could be was it the Live rock die off or something?? what should i do?? they are 1.025 78 degrees, 0 across the board and its fliterd mt a corner fliter, and sponge,med water movement( i mean after all its my hospitol tank my other fish are in my big quarinteen tank (i know bad speller) i just did niot want to put them with my other fish that ariived to day, guess im all done taking chances with that stuff. LOL well please help any site on info for me thanks for your time, this site rocks tho!!
Old 03/19/2005, 08:06 AM
Registered Member

ok, I am sorry stinky bad dead water= bad bad
You did correctly by putting it in a hospital tank. I would keep a gentle flow of good water on it, lower lights, and a good protein skimmer on. Just watch it as it still might be salvagable. Also notify the people you got it from incase it really still dies. Please let us know how it is doing.
Old 03/19/2005, 03:23 PM
Registered Member

will do but i lost 1 today they are melting off the rock is it the rock that is dead or the shrooms cant see much life on the rock. please ant info would be great. it stinks pretty bad did a 70% h2o chg. and it smells better but im sure not for long thinking is their anyway i could remove the shrooms they seem to be the only thing alive.. thanks again for all your help.
Old 03/19/2005, 04:08 PM
Registered Member

take the shrooms off the rock and get rid of the rock
Old 03/19/2005, 04:56 PM
Registered Member

well its looking better since the h20 change,but i more is slipping off,dont know how i could get them off without ripping them or damage to them and where would i put the mushroom if im not sure its doing well?? also cant i cure the rock its a nice piece of live rock?? about 3 shrooms are seem to be hanging on do you know the colour they should be the 3 are light tan and kinda thick tips the dead one was darker brown and the bottom of it stingy the other 3 arent like that, i have seen a little worm crawl thru the rock not sure if thats a good thing but their is a little life good or bad worm thingy..lol thanks again for all your help, i have since called where i got it from and got a full refund so if i can slavage anything rock or mushroom im ahead except for the poor creaturess that is
Old 03/19/2005, 04:57 PM
Registered Member

sure you can cure the rock, do you have a protein skimmer that you could put in your tank to assist with the process?
Old 03/19/2005, 05:23 PM
Registered Member

no i dont , but i have a good filter strong and i could do daily changes, do you think the mushrooms will live?? what about thier clolour??
Old 03/19/2005, 05:25 PM
Registered Member

I think/hope the mushrooms will live, I don't know about their color.