Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Buyer/Seller Feedback

Old 06/30/2005, 06:12 PM
Moved On

Stellablu

Has anyone else who ordered the snails and crabs received their shipment. After not going out last week due to difficulties, her thread in which she was selling got pulled by the admins. This concerned me as I had Paypaled her $40.00 for my items. After some time went by, she said that the packages were leaking when she was dropping them off at the USPS and that she was getting new packaging and that they would go out on 6-27-05 without a hitch as she put it. I should have had mine yesterday or today and have yet to receive anything. There were a good number of people who were sending her money and was wondering if mine is/was an isolated case.
Old 06/30/2005, 06:48 PM
Registered Member

I also ordered snails have got nothing she sent me some pathedic email about RC pulling her thread (what ever) I have tried contacting her and got no response i have emailed her every day stating to just go ahead and refund my money but nothing this is not an isolated case i am thinking we got ripped off BEWARE OF STELLABLU!!
Old 06/30/2005, 06:49 PM
Registered Member

if anybody hears from here please PM me..thanks
Old 06/30/2005, 08:33 PM
Moved On

I PMed her and told her that I was going to wait and hear from her and see what the deal was before I filed with paypal. Then I did some looking and saw that she hasn't been active since 6-27 and decided to go ahead and file before it's too late. Everyone else should do so as well.
Old 06/30/2005, 11:11 PM
Premium Member

You guys aren't alone. I ordered 200 snails and gave her $100 on 6/16. I'm yet to receive my order. She also told me of her difficulties, getting bags to ship and what not, and I've been sympethetic and patient for her. However, her last e-mail to me was on 6/26 and she said she had the bags, but it was too late to send that day and she would definitely send them on 6/27 "overnight" and she'd e-mail me the tracking number. That means I'd have them on 6/28. With it being 6/30, that's 3 days, so she definitely didn't send. I'm not sure if something came up or not, or if we've been had, but if something did come up, lack of communication is what sucks most. If we've been had, after seeing I'm not the only one, I just filed with Pay Pal, and I'm sure we'll get our refund. If she responds, I'll cancel my complaint.
Old 06/30/2005, 11:18 PM
Moved On

She posts a lot on the Florida area threads. I am trying to find some more local boards that she might post on and see if we can hunt her down somewhere else. We need to keep each other informed about what's going on with each other.
Old 06/30/2005, 11:19 PM
Moved On

Does anyone happen to know her last name?
Old 06/30/2005, 11:31 PM
Moved On

She was on this boad on 6-30-05 registered under the same name.

http://www.pbmas.org/forum/index.php
Old 07/01/2005, 07:24 AM
Registered Member

i am in the same boat as all of you ppl are but i sent a MO to her about 2 weeks ago and still haven't heard anything back from her
Old 07/01/2005, 02:40 PM
Registered Member

Hi, I don't have excuses, it's just been a horrible experience on both ends much to my apologies. I was finally able to send out Howie's order and Shanna's order today via overnight. I sent them tracking numbers. Black74 also received his order from me, as well as Orest @ ojfedak@yahoo.com. I'm not ditching out, I'm just trying my best. If you want your refund, I will give it to you. If you want to wait until Tuesday, THEY WILL GO OUT. If you want your money back I will just send you the refund and snails if that makes everyone happy. I did not intend on "ripping" anyone off or upsetting anyone. I didn't expect this to be such a difficult ordeal. Let me know what you would like to do.

BTW, I wasn't avoiding anyone. I haven't been able to access RC to post. I'm still under my name at my boyfriends house, it doesn't log you out after a visit so anytime he goes on I'm up, unless I sign out.

I really had no intentions of appearing negligent in anyway. I wanted this to be as cut and dry, as possible. Apparently I'm just a moron. Sorry for everyone's trouble. I was just trying to help out with cheaper snails that I needed to get rid of.

If you guys had looked around a little more and asked my reef club or any of those forums I frequent (ORCA and PBMAS reef clubs on RC) you would find that I am NOT a person to take someone's money and run. There are many people on both of those boards who can vouch for me in real life, as well as just knowing me from RC.

I'm sorry this has gotten out of hand.
Old 07/01/2005, 02:43 PM
Registered Member

I also wanted to add that the "sob story" I gave about RC deleting my thread can be summed up here in a PM I received from the RC staff. A lot of my confusion laid in what names matched with RC names, and I didn't have RC names from the thread to match up any longer. I wasn't given any warning so that I could finish writing down contact information.

------------------------------------------

Snail Thread

Your thread titled "FS: Nassarius vibex and small Cerith sp. snails!" has been removed. Selling snails in quantity is considered commercial. Buying in large quantities to resell is considered commercial. The fact that you are quarantining new snails is another reference to the fact that you are commercial to the eyes of Reef Central. Please review this section of the User Agreement:

2. COMMERCIAL POSTING: Reef Central exists for the non-commercial exchange of information. Sponsors of this site are given banner space and/or a forum to promote their business in accordance with the sponsor agreement. All other posts or signatures that are deemed to be commercial in nature are a violation of this user agreement and will be removed. As it pertains to the User Agreement, Reef Central defines “commercial post� as knowing and willful posts made by private individuals or businesses, directly or indirectly seeking commerce. Additionally, posts made by individuals or businesses in regard to other commercial activities, in anticipation of direct or indirect economic benefit or relief from the subject activity, will generally be regarded as “commercial.� Recognizing that it is impossible to construct a definition which will satisfy every situation or circumstance, Reef Central reserves the right to determine whether or not a post violates the “intent� of the “commercial post� policy or definition. Violation of this policy will be grounds for removal from our community.

Further attempts to sell snails on Reef Central could lead to a revocation of your posting privledges. If you would like to enquire about being a site sponsor, please check out this link:

http://reefcentral.com/forums/sponsorship/

Thanks,

Dave

RC Staff
Old 07/01/2005, 03:31 PM
Registered Member

*Sigh..* I guess I'll wait...

Tyler

Click the Red House for my Feedback
Old 07/01/2005, 03:33 PM
Registered Member

Although.. I do think some sort of discount, or partial refund would be nice, seeing as we have waited a couple weeks now.

I'm not angry, just tired of waiting!

Tyler

Old 07/01/2005, 07:37 PM
Moved On

I agree. I have planned for the days they were supposed to arrive last week and earlier this week. It's easy to say I'm sorry when someone else has my money. It's hard for me to understand how this has gotten out of hand like this. Why couldn't Kimber email us telling us about another delay? Why woudn't she do this considering we (at least I) spoke with her about it as late as last Sunday and she assured me that everything was going out the following day. I want a refund, but I really need the snails because I let another good deal pass me by locally because I thought I was getting them in on Wednesday or Thursday.

Quote:
Originally posted by Is4U2NV
Although.. I do think some sort of discount, or partial refund would be nice, seeing as we have waited a couple weeks now.

I'm not angry, just tired of waiting!

Tyler
Old 07/01/2005, 08:20 PM
Registered Member

Jason, you've received your refund on Paypal. Please confirm that you've received it. I'll just send your snails out on Tuesday, or at the soonest convenient time to you for your trouble. I honestly have a lot going on that was out of my control and I can only handle so much. It was my fault, I am in no way handing the blame off to anyone else. It was poorly planned, executed, and followed up. I'm really trying to keep everyone happy here, because I know that sorry doesn't mean a lot these days because no one usually means it, but I truly do not know how else to exclaim my feelings for putting everyone in an uncomfortable position. I am trying my best. Thanks to anyone who is hanging in there with me, I really appreciate the understanding.

Tyler, I'll figure out something for you. I'll PM you by the end of the weekend. Thanks.
Old 07/02/2005, 09:13 AM
Registered Member

Thanks, if all goes well. There will be no hard feelings. They are just snails!

Tyler

Old 07/02/2005, 11:31 AM
Premium Member

I received my snails today.
Old 07/02/2005, 12:47 PM
Registered Member

-

Thank You ----- for letting us know what is happening your refunding and still sending the snails is a great compensatin on your be half As for me you may handle it as you see to be fair,but Please do not forget my snails again (looking forward to your Tuesday sending) John
Old 07/03/2005, 10:55 AM
Registered Member

stellablu,
just recieved your email thanks but i would like the refund thanks for updating, stuff does happen next time maybe better communication...thanks..dan
Old 07/05/2005, 04:29 PM
Registered Member

still have heard nothing!!
Old 07/05/2005, 05:10 PM
Moved On

Me either. She was going to go ahead and send mine out anyway. We'll see if she does. If/when they get here, I'll post. I feel sorry that she is having to go through this but the lack of communication is hard to stomach.
Old 07/05/2005, 05:17 PM
Registered Member

-

Will also keep you informed when i hear from her
Old 07/06/2005, 01:26 PM
Registered Member

filed claim on paypal refund is pending in my account
Old 07/06/2005, 03:19 PM
Moved On

Mine has been "pending" since the 1st. It says it could take up to 8 days to be funded from her so we'll see what happens. She was supposed to go ahead and send them out to me again yesterday, but I doubt that has happened. I would pay again IF she shipped them and IF they get here in good condition. I really doubt that will happen, though. I am glad that some people have had success dealing with her, though.
Old 07/06/2005, 04:49 PM
Registered Member

The following tracking numbers are for USPS.com

Tyler, your mailbox is full.
Here is your tracking number for USPS.com
0305 0830 0003 2139 1981

Zeumuron, your tracking number is
0305 0830 0003 2139 2001

Reefpeep2004, your tracking number is
0305 0830 0003 2139 1967

PotyGSXR, your tracking number is
0305 0830 0003 2139 1974

I will have everything else out tomorrow, and refunds should have gone through. I'll see whats wrong, because I had the money returned. I don't know why it would be pending.

I threw in a handful of blue leg hermits with each order to smooth things over a bit.

Please let me know when you receive your orders, thank you for being patient with me.

Jason, don't worry about paying for them again. I realize you are beyond upset with me. I will send them out with the second batch tomorrow. I will send them and do not expect you to send the money back, as I'm sure you feel you shouldn't. I'm sorry that I have not been timely with this, but I don't sell and ship snails for a living. Between my daughter, work and college at night I can barely make it to the PO and everywhere else to gather things. It's my fault. I jumped in over my head. I realize that. So, to repay you the best I can, just keep your money. I'll send the order tomorrow. Everyone will be happy and less stressed. I sure don't need anymore. I am sorry.

Let me know when you get it, thanks!
Kimber