Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Coral Forums > LPS Keepers
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01/06/2008, 10:51 PM
Premium Member

wow that a nice rhizo you got there i fed my 2 time a week with shrimp. can i ask what lighting you got there?
Old 01/06/2008, 11:20 PM
Registered Member

This one is about US$250 in Taiwan. I believe it will be cheaper in Japan.

I place the rhizo under rock's shadow. I use 2T5 daylight and 2 T5 actinics. The rizho still open more at night.
Old 01/06/2008, 11:51 PM
Premium Member

wow that is cheap. will my open more at night too i thing i feed him too much shrimp it have a pink or red base. haaha it look good. it was white base/ White Tenticles /green tip. now is pink base and White Tenticles and green tip. here the pic of it check it out the diff http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/...6012008110.jpg
Old 01/06/2008, 11:55 PM
Premium Member

sorry for post again

here the pic of it befor the color change it was all white Base w/ White Tenticles green tip thank you for looking

Old 01/08/2008, 02:47 AM
Registered Member

thanks alot for your posts guys. not many people know about these corals. I guy on my forum is doing alot of private research into these.

on the absolute off chance that some one can post to the UK I will happily pay $ prices vs £. send me a pm
Old 01/08/2008, 03:35 AM
Premium Member

i just got a new rhizo from my buddy his was split last week. can you belive it they will split. he had it for 2 1/2 year so and is green Tenticles and yellow base here a pic that u can see[IMG] http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/...8012007107.jpg[/IMG]
Old 01/08/2008, 11:38 AM
Registered Member

Thats awesome, i wondered if they split or budded new babies. I didn't know these guys changed colors?
Old 01/08/2008, 06:25 PM
Premium Member

ya i didt know they split. tell i saw it my own eye but for a long time it pay off. is funny how my changed color. may be i give him too much shrimps. but it look nice. cant wait tell he split. anyone els is split?
Old 01/08/2008, 07:11 PM
Registered Member

I think jendubs site says they reproduce very slowly and that they do so by producing eggs. I was trying to convince a RC member to break his and give me a piece lol but he didn't go for it. If I was him I wouldn't have either. Skydragon, where did he get his?

Question: if I went to japan and purchased a Rhyzo from a fish store, would I be able to bring it back to NY on the plane?
Old 01/08/2008, 08:32 PM
Premium Member

answer your question Qckwzrd. my understanding you cant not bring any livestock back in plane. my buddy got his back in about 2-3year ago from a trade. i thing i may have a pic of the rhyzo befor and after it split. im gonna have to look for it i will keep it post to update geting. interesting...
Old 01/08/2008, 08:55 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Qckwzrd
I think jendubs site says they reproduce very slowly and that they do so by producing eggs. I was trying to convince a RC member to break his and give me a piece lol but he didn't go for it. If I was him I wouldn't have either. Skydragon, where did he get his?

Question: if I went to japan and purchased a Rhyzo from a fish store, would I be able to bring it back to NY on the plane?
Japan doesn't allow exportation of corals, why do you think japanese corals cost so much in the US. Whoever brought them risked going to JAIL for them.

Even if they did allow exportation you'd need a cites permit (cites.org)

They aren't all from japan that's for sure.