Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Marine Fish Forums > Reef Fishes
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02/15/2007, 03:57 PM
Happy Scrappy Hero Pup

Here's one end of my 180 with several of my fish;

Here's the full monty;

Here's my old softie reef with my asfur;

Old 02/16/2007, 01:46 AM
Registered Member

Peter
Old 02/16/2007, 03:35 AM
Registered Member

if i could find my camera i'd post a picture of the underrated Blue ring!! bastard hides all the time though, but he comes out to eat atleast. got an asfur and juv. emp too
Old 02/16/2007, 01:08 PM
Pimping the Lady Boys

Peter,
as usual, awsome pics!!!
Old 02/16/2007, 10:14 PM
Registered Member

Thanks K.T. for the full tank shot!! I would love to see more FTS, and see were the angels live. An angel is a beautiful site to see in a reef tank. I added some more shrooms yesterday, and, lol they are still there today. My majestic is getting better by the day, and belive it or not is putting on more weight. He was kinda skinny when I got him, so I think he has been stressing out alot. Oh well, hes home now.

Keep the great pics comming!! I know there are more out there!!

Michael

100 Gallon 100Lbs L/R, 100lbs L/S, Tek Limited Edition 6 Bulb!!
Old 02/17/2007, 08:38 PM
Premium Member

C. vanderloosi

Old 02/18/2007, 01:04 AM
Registered Member

wats a vanderloosi? isn't that a c. melanosoma?
Old 02/18/2007, 09:27 AM
Premium Member

In 2004 it was newly described as a new species. Previously it was thought to be a color variant of C. melanosoma, but now classified as a new species.
Old 02/25/2007, 03:48 AM
Registered Member

Bump

Lets not let this thread die!!

Old 02/25/2007, 09:40 AM
Sorry, I'm not Jeremy

Okay...I wasn't going to post here cause I can't get a good pic of my Blueface The pictures don't do him justice..He has beautiful coloring, unfortunatly, I am new to the art of taking fish pictures...They won't stop and say CHEESE!
Here ya go

my Blueface, my most BEAUTIFUL fish

My Majestic...He was dying when I brought him home from work [a freebe] he still has scars on his head which are slowly healing

Here's my Flame swimming with his tankmates

I also have an Argi...but I can't get a photo of the little bugger!!
Old 02/25/2007, 10:05 AM
My reef is my fix :-D

Your navarchus has great color, considering. Awesome gob! Beautiful fish!

Click my red house to see my tank :-)
Old 02/25/2007, 10:11 AM
Sorry, I'm not Jeremy

Quote:
Originally posted by SDguy
Your navarchus has great color, considering. Awesome gob! Beautiful fish!
Thanks I wish I had a before photo..He was in sad shape
Old 02/25/2007, 11:42 AM
Registered Member

BTTRFLYGRL- is that a racoon butterfly in your pic? beautiful fish. i have 3 tanks in process. 30G up and going with 1 perc clown(soon to be 2). wanted to put a red pearlescale in that 1 if there is enough room. my 150G which is going to have a purple tang, marine beta, soon to be lionfish, and soon to be miniata grouper if i have enough room(any opinions on that would be appreciated). i havnt started my 40G tank(which was a free gift-hate to see it go waste) and was wondering about a racoon butterfly and what fish goes well with it? i had a red pearlescale in my 55G and my coral beauty angel beat the hell out of it and eventually killed it.
Old 02/25/2007, 12:27 PM
Sorry, I'm not Jeremy

I wouldn't put a Pearlscale in a 30, needs more room to live a long life They need peaceful tankmates and room to swim [I'd go no less than a 75, and to me that's a little on the small size.]
Raccoons are a little bolder than most Butterflys, but they can be bullied by more aggressive fish.
My Raccoon would chase off my Dwarf Angels ..He is not at all scared of my Tangs either. He is ,however, intimidated by my Blueface . The Blueface is the only fish that will chase off the Raccoon.
I had the Raccoon in the tank before the Tangs and Blueface..I think order of introduction is key [usually] I had him with my Yellow Tang in the beginning and the Yellow messed with him too much, so they were separated.
If you added a Raccoon before the Purple Tang and Lion and let him get established, he should be fine..Not sure about the Grouper..IMO, It would need a bigger tank.
Remember, if you add the Raccoon..you'll never be able to have corals. That's my excuse for having two tanks
Old 02/25/2007, 12:56 PM
Registered Member

i hear you on the corals as the 150G will be a FOWLR cause the lionfish or grouper(if i get one) would eat my cleaning crew. i just love the pearlescale(my wifes fav. fish) and was tempted on flushing the !@#$%^& CB down the toilet, but realised its not the beautys fault for my lack of knowledge of the 2 fish. thanks again for your help.
Old 02/25/2007, 03:23 PM
Sorry, I'm not Jeremy

Yep, Marine fish are territorial. Dwarf Angels can be mean little buggers. I had originally put my Flame in my reef when my reef was a 75...My Flame went straight to my Arceye Hawkfish and start smacking him with his tailfin And I was worried about the Flame getting his but kicked
Old 02/25/2007, 05:15 PM
Happy Scrappy Hero Pup

Well I finally got a few pics of the blueface angel, he's still very camera shy. One with flash and one without.

Old 02/26/2007, 06:03 PM
Registered Member

LOOKIN GREAT GUYS!!!
Butterflygirl: Your BF looks good even at that angle, lol. And flames are still top of my list, looks like yours is a beautiful male. The majestic looks like a tuff fish!! I wish I could say the same for mine. The poor guys died of velvet. After my tank goes through being fallow, Im gonna get another. What size is yours?? They have one in Diver Den, but it is almost 6 inches!! Ive heard they dont adapt well at that size. And Marine Center has a 2 1/2 inch one, but ive never ordered from them. Anyone have experince with them?? Im gonna QT my new one alot longer that my last!!

KT: Im glad you got a pic of your BF!! The pic with out flash really brings out his blue. I gotta say im liking the BF's better now. Ive only see one in real life, and they are really cool. Oh I cant wait to get my angel tank going again....

Old 02/27/2007, 11:06 AM
Registered Member

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 02/27/2007, 11:44 AM
Registered Member

I used to think that the regal angel was shrapest looking angel, now i wish I would have purchased a scribbled angel.
Old 02/27/2007, 12:15 PM
Moved On

Anyone else have an adult or subadult meredithi (aka personifier wannabe)?
Old 02/28/2007, 12:29 AM
Premium Member

OK, here are my angel pics. The Blue face is still with me, but he's annoying me with his zoanthid snacking, so I'm considering finding him a new home. The Blue line is unfortunately no longer with us

Old 02/28/2007, 01:38 AM
Registered Member

i just picked up a personifer! no pic though.
Old 02/28/2007, 02:28 AM
Registered Member

OOOHhhhh, if you want a home for the zooanthid snacker... I'm allergic to zooanthids and can't get them all out of my tank!!! I would be happy happy happy to get a fish who would eat those and leave my sps alone. Evil zooanthids. Nasty palyotoxin things. I swell like a blowfish every time I stick a naked arm into my aquarium ever since my bad allergy reaction, and to make it worse, now even mushroom corals do it to me. Not as bad as zooanthids though. Honest, don't laugh, zooanthids freak me out so bad I can't even look at them without getting goosebumps.
Old 02/28/2007, 11:24 AM
Well... You know...

Male

Female

My niece is my angel
so you can maintain a lifestyle
that insults his family's existence