Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Buyer/Seller Feedback

Old 08/29/2007, 11:24 AM
Registered Member

yeah, great track record. much better than just having good positive feedbacks!

we both knew that there was never an option for a claim in paypal. thats why you never agreed in helping resolve this matter.

the goods were delivered (broken of coarse) so thats about all the paypal buyer protection can do.

the only thing that was possible was for them to note or whatever they do to a seller who has had issues with buyers in the past.

I like how you twist all the words.

I did email you and said forget about it and I'll buy my own bulbs. which a few post up I did state again. (evidance you dont read all the posts)

Part you didnt quite understand was when I said I'm sorry.
Not sorry for the hassle and because of this episode.

I'm sorry I ever dealt with you in the first place!!

But i'm sure you'll find a way to change my words and make it sound like I did something wrong again, right?

I just hope something good comes out of this and no one buys or sells you anything in the future.
Old 08/29/2007, 11:36 AM
Registered Member

yeah, great feedback also on ebay. just looked

10+ negatives
10+ neutrals
out of 250+ transactions.

Good thing they dont count the neutral ones against you. your % would look really bad.

I see you use your usual language on ebay also.
Surprised they let you still be a member there with all the name calling that you do.
Old 08/29/2007, 11:42 AM
Registered Member

Over 10 years...on ebay...and I have had way way over 250 transactions.
Probably 100s where there was no feedback left, plus I left ebay for a year
and half and for some reason when I went back about 400 of my feedbacks
were gone. ebay couldnt explain it.

Also alot of those negative feedbacks were retaliatory feedback cause I left
negatives for the other person. But yes Dustin lets be honest here, I have
had a few negative feedbacks posted on my account.

I will explain this and Im done with this nonsense.

Ya I had a few filed against me, which I thought was funny. Cause for a long time I
worked as a tour photographer in the Music Industry. So I collected boxes and
boxes of unused backstage passes and other tour memorabilia. Well I decided to
part with alot of it..and so I would sell it on ebay. Out of the many buyers I had...I
actually had a couple of people try to tell me my backstage passes were
Bootlegs/Fakes. It just made me laugh..cause one laminated Metallica pass I sold
was my own personal pass...and the guy tried to tell me it was a fake...LOL

Who have I called names??? You are the one posting all my information about my
ebay account and so forth trying to discredit me!!!!

Why dont you stop!

Last edited by nynex; 08/29/2007 at 12:14 PM.
Old 08/29/2007, 12:16 PM
Registered Member

trying to discredit you?

this entire post was made to discredit me?
I just pointed out that the source may not be the most creditable one out there.

Like you really needed to go in depth to explain the ebay stuff?

your always so defensive, like your always trying to legitify something.

i told you already, i'm done with this, do what you will with the money you get from ups. buy you

but i wont sit here and let you flame on me for this. so yes as long as you will continue to post this junk on here about me, I will continue to justify myself.

sorry bro, thats just how it goes.

on happier terms, glad you got your money back from glasscages.
Old 08/29/2007, 12:30 PM
Premium Member

Well, I am glad dutt 7 replied, and looking at the pics, it's pretty clear the problem was the result of poor packing...that being said, I would say it's time to meet in the middle. dutt 7 you knew the bulbs were used, they we're only going over a fresh water tank...you stated that yourself. They arrived broken..not your fault. Nynex, you agreed to ship the lights with working bulbs...not new..but at least working. I do not think it's fair for dutt 7 to get a light without the bulbs he paid for, and I don't think nynex should have to pay for totally new bulbs because that's not what he sold dutt 7. Nynex has offered to replace the bulbs, I don't think dutt 7 should dictate where they come from...you would have taken the used ones that came with the light if they weren't broken. I would say if nynex is willing to pay for E-bay bulbs and you don't want that, then you should be willing to pay the difference in price. Why don't the 2 of you check out Hello Lights (an RC sponsor) and meet some where in the middle on that? I think that both of you have gotten your "dander" up as it were, and neither one of you wants to make the first move, jeez, time is ticking, life is short and no one is promised tomorrow. I cannot believe with your common ground...the love of all things aquatic...that you two can't just put yourselves in the other guy's shoes for 5 minutes. Nynex...you're upset cause GC won't make things right...oh, that's what dutt 7 is upset about, he feels you don't want to make things right. Dutt 7, Nynex is feeling he is getting ripped off because you want new, higher end bulbs (admit it) instead of lower end bulbs...that does equate with trying to get more than the deal called for.

That being said, I must admit my own remarks about dutt7 were uncalled for...I should have remembered the one thing my father always said: " There are three sides to every story: Your's, Mine and the Truth." I think it's time to end the p=**ing contest and come up with a solution, you each take a step forward and before you know it you'll meet in the middle....what do you say?

Aquarius77 things break in transit...(I HATE UPS!) and honestly it was on you to try the pump when you got it. If you didn't inform dutt7 of the problem, that was on you. I have procrastinated after buying something and just assuming everything is okay and not finding out till months later it's broken.I think the worst thing we can do it put the words "Fragile" on a box shipped via UPS...it must translate into "smash the hell out of this thing" in a language we're not aware of...;0)
Old 08/29/2007, 12:42 PM
Registered Member

Thanks Ladipyg! cant believe you read through all this though.

I specified a few times that I no longer cared what bulbs I got. Didnt want top of the line ones and I also told Gino that I did not want him to put out any $ on the bulbs. Let UPS pay for the damages and buy whatever with them.

Also, as I said above, there is no need for this. I'm done with it and i'm fine with it.

I didnt post the last few times to try and get the bulbs, it was basically so that I can atleast get my good name back which this post was attacking.

It does suck b/c if the lights get here in good condition, which to be honest, I thought they were packed quite nicely, then we would all be happy.

Only complaint that I had was that instead of trying to fix things, he came on here and started ragging on me.

But hopefully we have it all straight now and this will be the end of it, whether bulbs are purchased or not.

Aquarius77, didnt mean to sound rude if I did, I just didnt appreciate you saying beware of seller when you never contacted me in regards to the pump. I figured it was fine and running good. Never knew you were not using it right away.

Again, Ladipyg - thanks for the post.

Maybe there are a few good things that come out of this buyer/seller feedback forum after all.
Old 08/29/2007, 01:17 PM
Registered Member

Yes Ladipyg I also thank you for the post. It was very objective and positive.

I agree with you and would have been more the happy to get him the ebay
bulbs back before all of this. The reason I ever started this thread was because
I was truly sorry Dustin got the package damaged and I remained in constant
contact with him to try to resolve this. Then he goes and files a Paypal Dispute,
Now I fully understand him trying to cover himself...and I would have agreed with it,
had I not been in contact with him. But I was in constant contact and I had told
him I would replace the bulbs. So I think the Paypal Dispute with completely
uncalled for. At first and the time I started this Thread he refused the bulbs I
had offered as the replacements. Then bashed me on here today and in the same
time he emails me saying im sorry, I want the ebay bulbs...but then continues
to bash me on here.

I told Dustin again 5 days ago...I would get him the bulbs from ebay.

So there was No need for all the bashing. Also on the ebay feedback thing...
Dustin you brought it up. So dont I have the right to defend myself?

Last edited by nynex; 08/29/2007 at 01:26 PM.
Old 08/29/2007, 01:25 PM
Registered Member

resolution.. resolution bro.
not dispute

and your right, you better defend yourself or i lose all respect for you or whomever it is.

whole thread was me defending myself, glad i could change it to you.

last defensive reply: got email dated 8/28/07 (yesterday) when you said you will get bulbs from ebay. right after I got pm from mod about this post, sorry wasnt in the nicest mood after reading all of this.

that was the last contact we made since 8/10/07
Old 08/29/2007, 02:59 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Ladipyg

Aquarius77 things break in transit...(I HATE UPS!) and honestly it was on you to try the pump when you got it. If you didn't inform dutt7 of the problem, that was on you. I have procrastinated after buying something and just assuming everything is okay and not finding out till months later it's broken.I think the worst thing we can do it put the words "Fragile" on a box shipped via UPS...it must translate into "smash the hell out of this thing" in a language we're not aware of...;0)
Quote:
Originally posted by Dutt7

Aquarius77, didnt mean to sound rude if I did, I just didnt appreciate you saying beware of seller when you never contacted me in regards to the pump. I figured it was fine and running good. Never knew you were not using it right away.

It wasn't Aquarius77, it was me.

The reason I didn't contact you, as stated above was because I waited so long to try it. I didn't ask you to pay for anything. I was just letting it be known that something that couldn't break in shipping wasn't working when I tried it. If I wanted to pursue it further, I would have. I'm fine. What I learned: try it immediately. What you can learn: check and make sure purchaser is happy and product works upon receipt.
Old 08/29/2007, 03:04 PM
Garbologist

Excellent post, Ladipyg. You saved me a lot of typing. I think that third option of truth that you mentioned is probably correct. The way I always word it in cases like this is that somewhere in the middle of two stories often lies reality. I'm guessing that's the case here.

That said, it's time to stop the he said/she said soap opera and for you two to solve this on your own. I think you both need to step up and come to a compromise and do what is right.

Thread closed.

The Tribal Wisdom of the Dakota Indians, passed on from generation to generation, says that:

"When you discover that you are riding a dead horse, the best strategy is to dismount."