Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > The Lounge
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05/31/2006, 07:49 PM
Moved On

Quote:
Originally posted by Nina51
i won't tell you what i think of repeat offenders. it would get this thread closed in a new york minute.

"visiting" jail or prison and/or bailing your buddy out doesn't compare. you know you are free to walk away. however, check into your local jail for a night. i would just about bet the farm that one night in jail would deter you.
Sorry but Im pretty sure thats what all inmates do is "Visit Jail". And free to walk away? Whats a trustee doing? Whats allowing an inmate to come in on the weekends doing? Seems like alot of "Walking Away" to me. I served 2 tours in the Gulf and one in Somalia. A night in jail......... Put up your farm, I love the country.
Old 05/31/2006, 07:51 PM
Moved On

Quote:
Originally posted by pnosko

We can tell you have no idea what you're talking about!
Whatever Bub!
Old 06/01/2006, 05:51 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Biggie
Sorry but Im pretty sure thats what all inmates do is "Visit Jail". And free to walk away? Whats a trustee doing? Whats allowing an inmate to come in on the weekends doing? Seems like alot of "Walking Away" to me. I served 2 tours in the Gulf and one in Somalia. A night in jail......... Put up your farm, I love the country.
you can't have it, it's the only farm i have.

obviously, you can't compare jail to going to war. i would not be so stupid as to tell you that an inmate would stay where he is, given the two choices.

thanks for your service.
Old 06/05/2006, 06:38 PM
Moved On

Quote:
Originally posted by Nina51
you can't have it, it's the only farm i have.

obviously, you can't compare jail to going to war. i would not be so stupid as to tell you that an inmate would stay where he is, given the two choices.

thanks for your service.
Lol. Jail isnt a choice, but the crime is, agreed. Service was an honor and a priviledge, big difference!!
Old 06/05/2006, 06:49 PM
Registered Member

Apparently, nicotine is stronger than the heat. Today, one of my clients took a plea rather than letting me try a semi weak motion to suppress because as he said "if my a** has to go another week without a smoke, i gonna f***ing freak out". It was actually pretty funny the way he delivered the line.
p.s.- cant smoke in county jails here, only in the prisons
Old 06/05/2006, 07:06 PM
Moved On

Quote:
Originally posted by sufunk
Apparently, nicotine is stronger than the heat. Today, one of my clients took a plea rather than letting me try a semi weak motion to suppress because as he said "if my a** has to go another week without a smoke, i gonna f***ing freak out". It was actually pretty funny the way he delivered the line.
p.s.- cant smoke in county jails here, only in the prisons
Lol thats a hard core smoker right there lol...True story when I was in the Gulf We had guys running fire line (thats thru gun fire) to break into a smoke shop and get smokes. Amazing the power of nicotine.
Old 06/05/2006, 10:47 PM
Registered Member

This all kinda funny cause I was in state prison today.

Ok, I work for corrections too and we went in to install a new router

I still think it's funny when people ask where I work.

AKA *Harley Swingwood*
Old 06/05/2006, 10:49 PM
Registered Member

No smoking allowed in our jails or prisons period.

AKA *Harley Swingwood*
Old 06/06/2006, 03:58 AM
Registered Member

ok,,,i have to add my thoughts here, im a federal Corrections Officer, and for those that think prison is easy, you are mistaken. yes your basic and i mean basic needs are met. but no matter how good the food is, its the same thing week after week. everyone looks forward to wednesday, chicken day~

one thing i have learned after years in this profession, for an inmate, its not where they are, its where they aren't. the sentence is time, and thats one thing that cannot be reclaimed. the joys of youth, being with friends enjoying simple pleasures. watching your children grow, being a part of their lives. knowing your wife/partner in the lil ways that we all know. love romance being a couple.

worst of all and ive seen it all to many times,,,a loved one dies and you cannot be there, share the grief of pasing with your family and loved ones. and if by chance you are considered in the 1% of inmates that can go to a funeral, you get to be with your loved ones in chains and 2 armed officers.

prison is real folks, try living in your bathroom for 10 years with swanson tv dinners as your dietary selection. seeing your family for a few hours on weekends, and being separated from all that makes lilfe worth living.

the stress on you in prison takes its toll, men die young from heart attacks and other internal stress related issues.

its not where you are,,,its where you aren't!

Yes, I'm the One and only Witty~
Old 06/06/2006, 07:27 PM
Registered Member

Thank you, witfull, for putting it in plain, simple words anyone can understand.

But there does seem to be a certain percentage of the population that for some reason cannot see any of the things you described above as reasons to not commit crimes and go to jail. Even repeat offenders.