Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > The Lounge

Old 05/09/2006, 02:41 PM
intergalatic hitchhiker

Quote:
Originally posted by gotdibz
what else...... all i gotta say is the iron fist tournament (Tekken)............SOCOM........see me in socom
pffft SOCOM? Ghost Recon Advance Warfighter. Tekken??? lets see, Fight Night Round 3, DOA4...DOA Xtreme2 also...
so again, why do I need to drop $700+ on another system? especially one that doesnt do everything the makers said it would?

I, personally, have never wished to be a hot dog
Old 05/09/2006, 02:55 PM
Registered Member

Ghost Recon Advance Warfighter....this game SUX i had to give it away... ok non of those games are up there with tekken....keep trying
Old 05/09/2006, 02:59 PM
intergalatic hitchhiker

there's no trying- you havent convinced me yet there is a need for the PS3. Enjoy yours- I have my 360, and I paid $200 less for it.

Old 05/09/2006, 03:04 PM
Registered Member

im not trying to convince you ...as for me i already picked my side....happy gaming to you...and everyone.........and for computers ill take PC over MAC's anyday..........cant wait for microsofts new OS windows vista ....
Old 05/09/2006, 05:25 PM
my member is registered.

xbox360 > < Ps3
Old 05/09/2006, 05:30 PM
my member is registered.

and tekken? you got to be kidding me right?.
Old 05/09/2006, 05:59 PM
Pulling my hair out

Quote:
Originally posted by gotdibz
what else...... all i gotta say is the iron fist tournament (Tekken)............SOCOM........see me in socom
You're kidding right? I waited MONTHS Socom 3 to come out...literally. I took the day off work when it came out, couldn't wait til after work to play it. I go get it, take it home, play it a few minutes on single player to get the feel then get online. Or...try to get it to work online. I did actually get the game to play online but my mic didn't work. Never did get the mic working, they kept blaming it on my router Linksys home routers (what I use) are one of the most common ones in use by broadband users, but they couldn't figure out how to make the mic work through the router? I had the same problem in Socom2 but was eventually able to get that working by fowarding certain ports...apparently, Socom3 used different ports for the same mic On top of that, lost my stats several times cuz they had "server problems". I got fed up with it, took my PS2 and games to EB, traded em in on Xbox stuff and never looked back. G.R.A.W. is what Socom3 TRIED to be but failed. Sony lost me as a customer when they demonstrated their lack of support for the online gaming community. I don't buy games to play alone, if I can't play it online I don't want it. I got my 360 last weekend and couldn't be happier (now that I painted it black ) Between G.R.A.W. & Battlefield2, no FPS on PS3 can convince me to waste my money on it.
Old 05/09/2006, 06:17 PM
Registered Member

I got a PSP, thought it would be a great gaming platform, it collects dust now. They way Sony is playing this game, it's no longer focused at making gaming machines for gamers - it's all about hype and gizmos - the PS3 gonna be a great gizmo, but i serious doubt it's anything new in terms of a game machine. Sony's gonna go bankrupt soon anyways so who cares. This is their last prayer to save their company.

I got a xbox360, thinking the games would be something new. Only marginal improvements in graphics. xbox lost serious money on their equity cause of this machine but in the end, MS will buy out all the developers that sony fanboys are bragging about.

I miss those days of pacman, galaxian, and MUDs (on unix networks in the mid 80s). Bring back something fresh for people to play. Nintendo's been pretty good at doing this, but lately, they've gone a bit childish/girlish with their virtual pets.
I can see it already, a harry potter game where depending on how you wave the controls, you cast different spells!
Old 05/09/2006, 07:47 PM
Premium Member

No game machine maker has EVER dominated the market 3 times in a row. Sony pricing this thing at $600 totally eliminates most parents buying it for their kids. They will win Japan but they are going to have a fight on their hands in the US with the 360 and Nintendo.

I'm sure I'll buy it but I still think they are pushing their luck with the price point big time.

My other computer is your MAC.
Old 05/09/2006, 07:47 PM
Premium Member

Hard to believe there are fanboys on a darn fish related site. :LOL:

Old 05/09/2006, 10:24 PM
Registered Member

virtual reef keeping coming to nintendo :P
Old 05/09/2006, 11:09 PM
Registered Member

Am I the only one here rooting for the Wii?

I will be buying the Wii THIS YEAR and will wait till next summer to buy the PS3.

BTW
Wii news tomarrow.
Old 05/09/2006, 11:16 PM
Registered Member

No your not the only one rooting for wii. Just that htis is a ps3 thread.
Old 05/10/2006, 12:33 AM
Premium Member

Trip Hawkins must be working for Sony now.

PS3=3do

Niche system
Old 05/10/2006, 05:23 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Medaka
Trip Hawkins must be working for Sony now.

PS3=3do

Niche system

I bought a 3DO when it first came out and I thought Trip was great. His system, well, that's another story.
Old 05/10/2006, 06:54 AM
intergalatic hitchhiker

has anyone been watching the G4tv coverage of E3(X-Play/Attack of the Show)?
thehosts, who normally do nothing but praise Sony/PSII, actually poo-poo'd the PS3. They DID praise a few games here and there for the PS3, but overall, they didnt like the price, elimination of the Dualshock, or the elimination of key components in the base PS3 model(no WiFi, no 'card ports, etc). Quite surprising considering their normal pro Sony stance.
360 games like Too Human,Crysis, F.E.A.R., Gears of War, Forza Motorsport2, and Fable2 all got very high marks.

Old 05/10/2006, 07:02 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by budhaboy
has anyone been watching the G4tv coverage of E3(X-Play/Attack of the Show)?
thehosts, who normally do nothing but praise Sony/PSII, actually poo-poo'd the PS3. They DID praise a few games here and there for the PS3, but overall, they didnt like the price, elimination of the Dualshock, or the elimination of key components in the base PS3 model(no WiFi, no 'card ports, etc). Quite surprising considering their normal pro Sony stance.
360 games like Too Human,Crysis, F.E.A.R., Gears of War, Forza Motorsport2, and Fable2 all got very high marks.
But what do they seem to being too much of?
Thats right nothing!
they have been talking for 2 hours and not one word of it was useful!
Leave it to G4 to make things boring!

BTW
They seem to love the Wii!
Old 05/10/2006, 07:10 PM
Keena R.I.P

The thing that bugs me is not only the price but Sony is marketing the PS3 to be the "hub" of all your entertainment. I don't buy game systems to download songs, or play my Cd's and DVD's. I already have all my component equipment for that. I just need it to play games.

Remember the Power Glove for Nintendo? That's what these new controllers from Sony and the new Nintendo remind me of.
Old 05/10/2006, 07:19 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by JonK
The thing that bugs me is not only the price but Sony is marketing the PS3 to be the "hub" of all your entertainment. I don't buy game systems to download songs, or play my Cd's and DVD's. I already have all my component equipment for that. I just need it to play games.

Remember the Power Glove for Nintendo? That's what these new controllers from Sony and the new Nintendo remind me of.
At least SONY and Nintendo are changing things and adding new things to make gameplay better!
What has Microsoft done?
Just make a better Xbox thats it.
Old 05/10/2006, 07:48 PM
Premium Member

xbox brought xbox live. What has sony done? If anything, Nintendo innovates. Rumble in controllers, Nintendo. Analog in controllers, Nintendo. Motion in controllers, Nintendo.... etc

FWIW, the PS2 was supposed to the be HUB of everything too. See how well that went...

Old 05/10/2006, 07:52 PM
Premium Member

I suppose I can add to my short list.

Nintendo, wireless controller
Xbox, harddrive
Sega, online play

Old 05/10/2006, 11:33 PM
Premium Member

Anybody see this?

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=16847

LOL
That's sooo true.
I was completely planning on preordering the PS3
I even streamed the Sony press conference live, but was completely let down by everything they showed. They didn't have many games that even slightly interested me. Of course MGS and the new Final Fantasy are going to be great, but not $600 great.
Old 05/10/2006, 11:35 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by thrlride
I suppose I can add to my short list.

Nintendo, wireless controller
Xbox, harddrive
Sega, online play
you could add

Xbox, online community
Old 05/10/2006, 11:48 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Brandino007
But what do they seem to being too much of?
Thats right nothing!
they have been talking for 2 hours and not one word of it was useful!
Leave it to G4 to make things boring!

BTW
They seem to love the Wii!
They had an interview with John Carmack that was pretty interesting. The interviewer was terrible, but John had some interesting things to say about programming for the 360 and PS3. In short he said that Sony had made a mistake by using the cell processer because of how difficult it is to program for it.
That was about the only interesting thing in that 2 hours though.
Old 05/11/2006, 03:18 AM
Registered Member

PS3 Owns. The specs, the games. The price will come down when blue ray prices drop. The games will dominate and the PS3 will be the 3rd sony game system to be number 1.

Hey a lot of the xbox360 owners payed 600 or more for there glorified laptop pc in a console case. Shared Memory

I own a psp and the last thing it does is collects dust. You probably just bought it for the gadget status and not the portable gaming. Ever play with multiple people in liberty city stories? have a gig memory stick for movies? This thing is like carpet you can watch outside. Other portable only dream they could have been this cool.
My Turbo Honda -> Click little red house.
Friends don't let friends buy from Front Range Aquatics