Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Buyer/Seller Feedback
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01/29/2004, 03:36 PM
Moved On

hey i just followed your links you posted in another post i had to this, Id appreciate not being associated with this thank you very much. I don tknow wher eyou get off. All i did was post about a skimmer on ebay. Care to explain your deductive reasoning here?
Old 02/03/2004, 02:46 PM
Registered Member

Um, apparently I don't have to explain.....because once again, after pressure you admitted it yourself.

Liar again?

So lets see you are:

wedfr
MDLR1,
DannyD
PRRD
ReefCurrents
ProjectReef.com

Anymore out there?:
Old 02/09/2004, 11:18 AM
sweeeet!!

He's back!!

Check out this PM he sent me:

Fishkiller63
Reefer

HEy
Hey, this is WEdfr, mdlr1, reefcurrents, I want to know why you stated you recieved the pump but put in a paypal claim, im now out 120 bucks. What the hell is going on?

02/07/2004 01:09 AM

My response to him this morning:

I think you have me confused with someone else that you collected money from, but did not ship the product in a timely manner. I only filed one report, and that was with my Visa. When you finally shipped my pump, I called back and cancelled the claim. I was one step from filing a fraud report with the Allen County Sheriff's Department, but never did, because you had finally shipped the pump. I had planned on filing a fraud report with PayPal, but didn't do that either, again, because you finally shipped the pump. The PayPal process would have taken a long time, much longer than getting the Sheriff involved. The pump I received from you works great, thank you for following up on our deal. I never meant for you to go through so much grief, but you brought it on yourself. When you receive money, ship it!! I have livestock for sale, zoo's and SPS corals. I have not collected any monies yet because I haven't figured out the best way to ship livestock in this weather.

Let it snow, I have a hobby to pay for!!!
Old 02/10/2004, 01:40 PM
Registered Member

Old 02/10/2004, 04:19 PM
Registered Member

<-- wedfr/MDLR1/wylie713/reefcurrents/DannyD/
PRRD/reefman33/projectreef.com/fishkiller63

Last edited by ExtremeReefer; 02/10/2004 at 04:25 PM.
Old 02/10/2004, 04:41 PM
Moved On

hey Mr James, how botu you uspdate this and let everyone know this chargeback did come from you.

I thoguth we finsihed this extreme. you never end do you? WE both live in NY how bout we meet face to face
Old 02/10/2004, 05:04 PM
Registered Member

Fishkiller63: Why would I meet with you in person?
Old 02/10/2004, 08:14 PM
Registered Member

LMAO

Man thanks for all the laughs. This is crazy. Now we have an invitation for a face to face meeting. Wow. Can i be the referee?...J/K...Seriously, keep the laughs coming....
Old 02/10/2004, 11:06 PM
Moved On

i thought since you seem to have such an obsession with me youd at least liek to meet me in person and have a conversation with me, maybe youd see im not such a bad guy.
Old 02/11/2004, 11:08 AM
Registered Member

Not an obsession at all and quite honestly I could care less if you are a bad guy or a good guy. I just don't like watching people get screwed over. End of story. How you keep resurfacing is beyond me......
Old 02/11/2004, 11:24 AM
Moved On

how am i screwing anyone over? all i did was send a PM to mr james who is trying to screw me over or so it seems and all of a sudden you chime in AGAIN. ITs obvious i havent screwed even a single person so please stop posting about me in every single one of my threads.
Old 02/11/2004, 01:45 PM
Registered Member

FishKiller63 please stop talking to me and PMing me as I have said all that I needed to say.
Old 02/11/2004, 02:16 PM
Moved On

oh man, thats what i am telling you to do, I didnt PM you either, Just stay out of my business, and lay off.
Old 05/07/2004, 11:10 AM
Registered Member

FYI:

FishKiller63
Old 05/07/2004, 11:13 AM
Registered Member

He's Back!

He's Back as Comeon22222!!!!
Old 05/17/2004, 02:59 AM
no pig 2 big

Well I just spent 3 hours reading all these posts... Boy am I tired now...... Confusing as all heck....
Old 05/18/2004, 01:03 AM
Registered Member

He is located in NY? Any possible way that it could be "CapnJackSparrow"? He ripped me off for a pump, another off for a skimmer and he lives in NY..... coincidence?
Old 05/18/2004, 11:10 AM
sweeeet!!

bc_slc: Regardless if CapnJackSparrow is another alias for our guy, you have rights. Did you pay him with PayPal?? Did you use your credit card or check card?? If so, file an internet fraud complaint with both your creadit card and with PayPal. Also, file an internet fraud complaint with your local police department. Believe it or not, little ole Fort Wayne, IN has an internet fraud division in it's police department. If you have Capn Jacks phone number, it will make tracking him down much easier. How did you pay him?? PalPal says under the buyers rights, the the seller must ship within 7 days of receiving payment. If he does not, you can request a reversal and get your money back. PayPal does not take kindly to thieves.

Let it snow, I have a hobby to pay for!!!
Old 05/18/2004, 01:11 PM
Registered Member

I did so with paypal - they ruled in my favor due to non-response and are "pursuing the recovery" of my money, but he had no money left in his paypal account, so initially there is nothing. I believe they have frozen his account and if he were to have a deposit made, then it would go to me, but otherwise, I don't think they exactly withdraw money from his credit card...

Also, turns out he lives in new york (as his profile says) and is a member of the reef club there. After asking about it, some of the members have met him in person. So he does exist. I don't have his phone number, but have been trying to find it...

i will contact the police - good advice there. I hadn't thought about that. Thanks,
Mat
Old 05/18/2004, 01:46 PM
Registered Member

I've met Wedfr/DannyD and done a couple of transactions with him. Danny seems to be a really cool dude, i'm sure it was all just a misunderstanding. He doesn't seem like the type that would riip someone off. If so, he would have ripped me off many times already.

BC_SLC: I don't think Danny is "capnjacksparrow", you mentioned in another post his name was Marty.

Just my 2 cents....
Old 05/25/2004, 05:37 PM
Registered Member

Sad... Scary..... Eye opener........ "But" Very interesting!!!!!
Old 05/26/2004, 12:31 PM
Registered Member

Yes it can take hours to read through everything. To sum it up, many have had horrible buying experiences with him in the past and this thread is meant to warn people that he keeps coming back.

I don't know if he is "capnjacksparrow", but this wedfr does live in ny. Thanks to some members here, we always seem to eventually catch this guy when he comes back.

Good luck and I hope you can get that "capnjacksparrow" back for ripping you off.
Old 05/18/2005, 08:15 PM
Dr. Good Luck Himself

Mr. James if you have it please email his many contact infos as he seems to have stolen 325 from me using fishfood2581

fish: royal gramma, true perc, hepatus tang, hawaiin sailfin tang, citron goby, radiant wrasse, 1m, 1f solarensis wrasse, fed Rod food
Old 05/20/2005, 12:51 AM
Registered Member

Just wondering if anyone in here got screwed by the guy? I think he is just slow in shipping. Look like some of you screwed the guy after he sent you the pump and you claimed paypal for money back. SAD SAD SAD
Old 05/20/2005, 09:28 AM
Dr. Good Luck Himself

Bladze your info is not correct.

fish: royal gramma, true perc, hepatus tang, hawaiin sailfin tang, citron goby, radiant wrasse, 1m, 1f solarensis wrasse, fed Rod food