Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Coral & Livestock Trading

Old 04/16/2005, 03:01 PM
Registered Member

thermos trade anyone my xenia your whatever

I have pulsing xenia. I am interested in trying a thermos trade with someone. Not particular what I get back, shrooms, gsp, rics, zoos, polyps, polythoa,.. don't matter. Anyone interested?

I will get a thermos from wal-mart, put a xenia frag in it, two if you want to risk it but these are decent frags so one will be enough to take over your tank in 6 months. I ship to you by usps 2day (or express, or whatever that 4$ shipping is), you unload it and send something back. If my xenia don't make it, send something back anyways and I will refill the thermos for a second try and you keep the thermos (maybe use it with somebody else eh?).

So, any takers for my xenia?

Kevin Meade
Old 04/17/2005, 01:24 AM
Moved On

xenia always croaks when shipped. i'd try to trade locally, or in state for the best results.

good luck regardless
Old 04/17/2005, 10:29 AM
Registered Member

thanks, I never tried shipping it. I have been doing lots of reading on it though and there are several people who have shipped it successfully and have given me their recommendations for shipping so I am willing to try it at least a couple of times for four dollars its not a great risk to me. I suppose I can always mail something to myself and perfect my methods that way. Of course I am part of a reef club and find many opportunities to share it this way so even if won't ship I still have this outlet.

Thanks, Kevin Meade
Old 04/20/2005, 10:04 PM
Registered Member

I have zoo's and mushrooms and some yellow polyps I'd be willing to give it A shot, I've been wanting some pulsing Z's
Old 04/23/2005, 11:32 PM
Registered Member

OK, let me get a piece together for shipping, will take about one week so lets say a week from Monday. PM me or something next week and I will give you an update.

Kevin
Old 04/24/2005, 07:33 AM
Registered Member

sounds cool, just lemme know what you want

Dan
Old 04/25/2005, 02:38 PM
Registered Member

YGPM
Old 05/11/2005, 04:55 PM
Registered Member

my apologies to everyone who wanted to thermos trade my xenia. I have tried shipping it but have not been able to successfully mail it to anyone. It seems there are many people who can ship xenia, but I have not figured it out yet. So, unfortunately, until I figure out what I am doing wrong, I am suspending my thermos trade activities.

I am sorry. Please continue to look close to home for this fine coral to keep. Should I figure out how to ship it with out killing it. I will repost my thermos trade offer on RC and you can hook up with me again at that time. As always, anyone who can get to one of our club meetings, or who can make it to my house in Connecticut, can have as much as they want.

a very sorry, Kevin Meade
Old 05/12/2005, 02:31 AM
Registered Member

Kevin,
Thanks for getting back to me. I really hate to hear that but thanks for being so honest. Maybe some other time. If you would have anything else that you might be interested in trading through the thermos then give me a holler.
Thanks, Lora
Old 05/26/2005, 07:37 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by km133688
my apologies to everyone who wanted to thermos trade my xenia. I have tried shipping it but have not been able to successfully mail it to anyone. It seems there are many people who can ship xenia, but I have not figured it out yet. So, unfortunately, until I figure out what I am doing wrong, I am suspending my thermos trade activities.

I am sorry. Please continue to look close to home for this fine coral to keep. Should I figure out how to ship it with out killing it. I will repost my thermos trade offer on RC and you can hook up with me again at that time. As always, anyone who can get to one of our club meetings, or who can make it to my house in Connecticut, can have as much as they want.

a very sorry, Kevin Meade
Kevin,

One suggestion that was given to me was after you frag it, give it a month before sending it off. A week or three is not enough time for it to take to a rock nor is it enough time to heal from the fragging. You will have better success if you wait a month before sending it.

Btw what kind of xenia do you have? Pom pom's?
Old 05/26/2005, 10:00 PM
Registered Member

thanks, I'll try waiting longer. I have pulsing xenia.

Kevin
Old 05/26/2005, 11:40 PM
Registered Member

Hey Kevin,
I am in Virginia Beach Virginia. I would like some when you are ready to try shipping them again. Thanks
Marlon.
Old 05/27/2005, 07:34 AM
green Diplo bluemouths

Km13368, If you go to the garf website and look up the proper way to ship xenia you can do it fine without it croaking. You have to mucous clean them. I got a set of red sea that came in beautiful in the winter and they used that method. Pulsing right out of the box. What else do you have to trade?????
Old 05/27/2005, 09:02 AM
Registered Member

thanks, will check garf out right away. Have little else to trade. Am trying to start ric propagation using a starter set of Ricordea Florida of four different types. We will see.

Kevin
Old 05/27/2005, 09:54 AM
green Diplo bluemouths

Way cool, let me know how it goes.
Old 05/30/2005, 04:14 AM
Registered Member

Ive had 3 shipped here overnight and 2 died.
The one I got from garf was the only that lived but I would never try it for 2 day shipping.
1 of them I got last year arrived mostly dead but there were a few polyps in the bottom of the bag that fell off still alive.
I netted them to a rock like garf says with bridal veil under high flow and they lived and grew and now I have a whole tank full of it lol. It was the pink pompom.
My lfs loves it and I trade it with them and fellow reef club members.
Good luck!

kass
Old 05/30/2005, 10:18 AM
green Diplo bluemouths

I have the garf propagation disc that came with my last order. I watched it and it has alot of stuff i learded. Everyone whould have one.