Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12/23/2007, 08:29 AM
Island Jumper

...just an update on my tank....

I switched out the procolors after about a month. I was not happy with the lack of output. The new bulb combo is:
3 ATI Blue +
2 ATI AB Special
1 UV Aquasun

Color is a little more blue, but renders the best imo.
Disclaimer: The views expressed are the personal experiences of Fijiblue. They are in no way intended as the only solution for your tank. Side effects may include upset stomach and diarrhea. Call your doctor if you experience excitement lasting more than 4 hours.
Old 12/23/2007, 12:44 PM
Premium Member

figi and eric....pics PLEEEEAAASSe...I have been trying to figure out my bulb configuration for awhile, am definitely not likeing it the way it is now, so I would love to see as many different combinations to help make my decision... figi, I already loved your tank before, so would like to see how different it is now...

Thanks!
Old 12/23/2007, 03:11 PM
Registered Member

fijiblue - your ati blue+ and ati ab special should cover the blue range of (430nm to 480nm). The ati procolor should cover the red range of (600nm to 700nm).

The ati blue+ and ati ab special put out plenty of PAR it’s just the procolor is unmeasurable by home PAR meters, Oliver has already stated this on RC.

Anyway you got plenty of PAR now with these buds and by the way do you have an updated picture of the new bulb configuration.
Old 12/23/2007, 04:07 PM
Premium Member

yes, pics please!
Old 12/23/2007, 04:27 PM
Premium Member

not to high jack this thread but grimm oh master of the t5s need
bulb suggestions for my 375 im going to order the bulbs this
week. tank is going to be 80% sps corals, clams and near the bottom acans,micros,rics some lps. going with 14 80w t5s on ic 660s with slrs. what bulbs and in which order front to back do you suggest? thanks a million.
Old 12/23/2007, 05:17 PM
Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid

Quote:
Originally posted by mrpet
week. tank is going to be 80% sps corals, clams and near the bottom acans,micros,rics some lps. going with 14 80w t5s on ic 660s with slrs. what bulbs and in which order front to back do you suggest? thanks a million.
Are we talking lamps side by side or 14 rows of lamps?

It would be better if you posted more details to the T5 Q&A thread, I really don't want to turn this into another general Q&A thread, one is more than enough

If I guessed right do this and they are side by side do this.

Front
Blue Plus
Aquablue
GE 6500K Daylight
Blue Plus
GE 3000K
Aquablue
Blue Plus
Old 12/23/2007, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mrpet
Are we talking lamps side by side or 14 rows of lamps?

It would be better if you posted more details to the T5 Q&A thread, I really don't want to turn this into another general Q&A thread, one is more than enough

If I guessed right do this and they are side by side do this.

Front
Blue Plus
Aquablue
GE 6500K Daylight
Blue Plus
GE 3000K
Aquablue
Blue Plus
Old 12/24/2007, 09:32 AM
Registered Member

The Grim Reefer - pumping up your stats again with double posting!!!
Old 12/24/2007, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by reef / aholic
The Grim Reefer - pumping up your stats again with double posting!!!
No, I bump them by responding to trolling posts
Old 12/24/2007, 03:09 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by fijiblue
...just an update on my tank....

I switched out the procolors after about a month. I was not happy with the lack of output. The new bulb combo is:
3 ATI Blue +
2 ATI AB Special
1 UV Aquasun

Color is a little more blue, but renders the best imo.
Can you post an updated pic of your current combo.
Old 12/24/2007, 04:44 PM
Registered Member

The Grim Reefer - your a funny guy and a OSU fan!!!
Old 12/24/2007, 07:08 PM

If you want to get mean say something bad about my mother, there's no need to get nasty.
Old 12/24/2007, 09:49 PM
Registered Member

hey grim how what would you suggest for a six bulb front and back on workhorse 5 with icecap reflectors and 4 in the middle on 1cecap 660 with ice cap reflectors 48 inch retrokit...looking for the color pop and par for sps ....also can you name manufactor of bulb i dont get the lingo thanks
victor
Old 12/24/2007, 09:51 PM
Registered Member

this is what i got front to back
ati pure actinic
d d actinic plus
d d actinic plus
d d midday 6000k
d d aquablue +
d d pure actinic
still seem to have a yellow look to it any suggestions
Old 12/24/2007, 10:03 PM
Registered Member

here is a quick layout of what i have thanks again victor
Old 12/25/2007, 02:14 PM
Registered Member

i really dont want that much blue that everything looks grey i want to see all my colors pop out at me i think fiji had a nice color patternand some one else that had that hint of purple in there tank
Old 12/25/2007, 02:18 PM

Hate to be a pain but I need you to ask the question in the T5 Q&A thread. I don't want to turn this into a second general Q&A thread.
Old 12/25/2007, 02:28 PM
Registered Member

cool no prob
Old 12/25/2007, 05:31 PM
Class Of 07!!!!!!!!!!!

Location: On the Elk River/Chesapeake Bay in Elkton/North East, Maryland
Hey grim, im replacing my bulbs in my 6 bulb tek fixture and was debating on keeping my current setup(Blue+, UVL super actinic, Geisman 10K daylight, Blue+, GE 3000K, Blue+). I really liked fijiblues setup with 2 blue+, 2 blue special, and 2 pro color. I was wondering if you have any pictures of what your Blue Plus, Pro Color, Super Actinic, UVL 75/25, Blue plus, Blue Plus setup looks like. Im trying to get a feel of what the bulbs will look like. Thanks.
Old 12/26/2007, 12:57 AM
Registered Member

Santa left a little cash in my stocking for some need bulbs. I just wanted to check to see if this combo is still the recommended mix for a 4 bulb set-up.

ATI Blue plus
ATI Aqua blue
UVL Super Actinic
ATI Pro color

The bulbs will be ran on 2 Ice-Cap 430s (2 per ballast). The tank is a 65 gallon with LPS,softies, and big beautiful RBTA. Thanks.
Old 12/26/2007, 02:21 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by MHannon
Hey grim, im replacing my bulbs in my 6 bulb tek fixture and was debating on keeping my current setup(Blue+, UVL super actinic, Geisman 10K daylight, Blue+, GE 3000K, Blue+). I really liked fijiblues setup with 2 blue+, 2 blue special, and 2 pro color. I was wondering if you have any pictures of what your Blue Plus, Pro Color, Super Actinic, UVL 75/25, Blue plus, Blue Plus setup looks like. Im trying to get a feel of what the bulbs will look like. Thanks.
Here is a pic that shows the color pretty close. Didn't have much in the way of corals in the tank at the time. You can see some bright orange zoos at the extreme left and my reclamation project green brain on the sandbed that shows how the colors pop.

Old 12/26/2007, 02:24 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by whoyah
Santa left a little cash in my stocking for some need bulbs. I just wanted to check to see if this combo is still the recommended mix for a 4 bulb set-up.

ATI Blue plus
ATI Aqua blue
UVL Super Actinic
ATI Pro color

The bulbs will be ran on 2 Ice-Cap 430s (2 per ballast). The tank is a 65 gallon with LPS,softies, and big beautiful RBTA. Thanks.
Instead of the Pro Color try a UVL 75/25 "Aquablue". I think the Pro Color will be too much red with just 4 lamps and I think I am really starting to like the 75/25
Old 12/26/2007, 10:11 AM
Registered Member

Thank you. I appreciate the advise. I will post a pic next week some time after I get the bulbs.
Old 12/26/2007, 10:35 AM
B-Boy AZTEC

ok so like i said i put the pro color into my aquactinics fixture...... i am trying to get the pic off of my phone so i can post it, the color seems to be ok but its honestly a lil too pink for me lol. I am wondering if i went with say 2 actinic plus bulbs vs 1 actinic plus and 1 super actinic if my par diff would hurt my system..... so instead of:

front:
UVL Super Actinic
UVL Actinic White
ATI Pro color
UVL Sun Pro
ATI Blue Plus

To:
Front:
ATI Blue plus
UVL Actinic White
ATI Pro Color
UVL Sun Pro
ATI Blue Plus

I want to keep more of a hint of blue in the tank like a 14k look but would like to keep the pro color in there.... if i do this will i loose the purples in my tank? i have GARF Bonsai that is still coloring up and a couple of other purple pieces.... just wondering if they would still color up. Hopefully this is not a dumb question lol.... i look at the spectrums on the bulb at reefgeek and i was just trying to get all the light spectrum i guess lol.... here is the pic:
Old 12/26/2007, 11:18 AM
B-Boy AZTEC

hmmm maybe i should change out my pro color for a UVL 75/25 as i read from you that it also has a red hint to it? bring out the reds in my corals as well? I have a red mille that i would like to color back up