Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Buyer/Seller Feedback
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08/05/2006, 12:38 AM
Registered Member

Beware of xboxhacker!!!

I purchased some Zoo's Xboxhacker had for sale due to a heat disaster he had in his tank, he said that he wanted to sell them before they went bad... well he shipped them to me and he messed the whole thing up... here if a link to a foum with detail's... and feed back from others...

http://archive.reefcentral.com/forum...hreadid=897287

here is the for sale thread:

http://archive.reefcentral.com/forum...hreadid=889913
Old 08/05/2006, 12:43 AM
Registered Member

by the way his name is Shawn Hepburn and he has a hotmail account... just in case you have to ever deal with him and goes by another ID name... from NY.
Old 08/05/2006, 12:56 AM
Registered Member

here are some pic's of the shippment:

Old 08/05/2006, 01:14 AM
Registered Member

I love CSI, just as i was looking at the pictures in photobucket i realized exactly what has happend...when he sent me the shippment he sent it USPS ans the shipment was returned to him as undeliverable address... so he had to re-ship the corals... i thought that he had just messed up the address and the shippment was returned to him...now i see what realy happend... if you notice this box :

thats what arrived to my door... well inside this box theres another box which is wrapped in a garbage bag, at first a thought this was a good idea in case there was a leak. But now i noticed it was to reship the item that was returned to him because the box was LEAKING!!! not for a mistaken address... look at the 2nd box that is soaked and has LIVE CORAL and USPS shipping labelling all over it,l ook up to the first post... that was the original shipped box that leaked!!! he just wrapped the box with a garbage bag and paced it in a new box so the post office wouldnt return this one!!! Aint that something... i will be contacting paypal with my new findings...
Old 08/06/2006, 03:45 PM
Registered Member

Bad shipping at his end for sure.I had a problem with a dhl screw up.The seller was super nice and we are going to work this out.I would stand behind my packing 100 %
Old 08/07/2006, 04:44 PM
On The M0VE

Jaime, sorry to hear that, but you did intercept one for me..Thanks. I believe I pmed clownnut on that thread but everything was already sold. Thats bad, goodluck man and hope everything works out.

Joey
Old 08/07/2006, 05:09 PM
Registered Member

i will keep you posted on what paypal does...
Old 08/07/2006, 05:13 PM
On The M0VE

cool man..
Old 08/09/2006, 07:26 PM
Moved On

Wow thats a nightmare. If I was the seller and my box came back to me like that I would have put the corals back in my tank, contacted the buyer and offer a refund or reship. If they still wanted them, I would reship once the corals were completely recooperated.

Although, unless a 400lb fat man jumped up and down on my boxes, I don't see them leaking like that.
Old 08/09/2006, 07:45 PM
Registered Member

thank's for the kind words, specially from a pro when it comes to shipping...!!!
Old 08/10/2006, 10:03 AM
President emeritus, ORCA

How can you get a package back from the shipper(probably at least one day until you get it back) wrap it up without looking at the corals, rebox it, and send it out?? That is absolutely horrible and completely disrespectful, not only to you, Jaime, but to our hobby and to reefs in general. Someone cares that little about our reefs to where he will willingly and knowingly destroy it? That is absolutely sad...good luck Jaime.
Old 08/10/2006, 10:19 AM
Registered Member

thnks for the support cschweitzer, i will keep you posted and see ya at the next meeting...