Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > The Lounge

Old 09/06/2005, 09:20 PM
Registered Member

why are you selling your reef?
Old 09/06/2005, 09:33 PM
RIP-You'll be remembered

Time and money.

I don't think that is a very good deal on the sun polyps. I just traded mine for a frag of orange zoos with about 40 polyps and 10$ and my sun polyps were like 25 polyps.
Old 09/06/2005, 09:34 PM
Registered Member

the deal was changed, 30 green/blue polyps, and 30 orange. Is that better or still not good enough?
Old 09/06/2005, 09:36 PM
RIP-You'll be remembered

Depends on how bad you want to get rid of them.

I think that is alright. But you may be able to get more with them. I would say that plus a few $$. I don't know.... depends on how nice the zoos are and how nice the sun polyps are.
Old 09/06/2005, 09:42 PM
Registered Member

hes also putting in an additional coral to make it a fair trade, it think that it'll be a good and fair trade now.
Old 09/06/2005, 10:23 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Jordan55
Time and money.
Are you gonna still be bouncing off the walls here if you sell?
Old 09/06/2005, 10:43 PM
Registered Member

is it normal for nitrate to be high in a new tank?
Old 09/07/2005, 06:40 AM
Registered Member

Ahh, Jordo, I'm sorry it didn't work out for ya... I know how it feels, but you'll get over it in a couple days...maybe weeks...maybe months...maybe... nevermind...
Old 09/07/2005, 12:36 PM
Premium Member

School is over for me at this time every long Wednesday. Most Wednesdays I will be getting out at around 12:10.

Where's your will to be weird?
Old 09/07/2005, 01:59 PM
Actinia equina

I just got my first anemone sting from my big guy. You all know his massiveness. He got me on the bottom of my right arm, you know, the really really sensitive part. I can't even move my fingers on that hand. It is so incredibly outstandingly painful. I once stepped on a red hot fire poker and that does not even compare to the immense pain of an anemone sting. I know I seem calm right now, but I was, for several long minutes, rather uncollected. Never touch an anemone, kids. Ever.

THIS HURTS SO BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09/07/2005, 02:15 PM
RIP-You'll be remembered

I will be back into the hobby before highschool is over... maybe.

I will stop in here in often because I will have to check out my club board a lot.
Old 09/07/2005, 03:39 PM
Midnight thread lurker

What type of anemone? I touched a LTA before, but all it did was stick to me...maybe your skin is just more sensitive.
Old 09/07/2005, 05:07 PM
Registered Member

i think it varies from person to person, and also different anemones. i do remember reading somewhere, though, that some people get it really bad and others dont. same thing with lionfish, also.

you know what really hurts, though? i got a man o' war literally wrapped around my chest, legs, arm, and in between my fingers.

PETER
Old 09/07/2005, 05:09 PM
LIL VIC

ouch.....

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind."
-'Dr. Seuss'
Old 09/07/2005, 05:14 PM
Premium Member

I stepped on a 1" reed that was recently cut by a lawnmower down by our stream...just imagine stepping on a 1" spike. Yeah. My foot is in lots of pain. And so is my knee. MRI tomorrow...ROAD TO RECOVERY WOOOOOOO

Old 09/07/2005, 05:49 PM
RIP-You'll be remembered

Ben Folds- Rock the Suburbs

Blind Melon- No Rain.

Download them.

Now.
Old 09/07/2005, 06:34 PM
Actinia equina

sharkboy
Registered Member
Placed: Location Of January Of 2005
Occupation De Atlanta: posts of the student: 184
why you are selling your Filo'n?
Zambullidor of the independent diving apparatus, hunting of the tooth of the shark. Experience Of the Odd habit: Little more than present tanks of a year: interests of the tank of 75 gallons: teeth of the sharks, fish, tanks of the fish, equipment, soccer, fossiling, swimming, and independent diving apparatus! | IP opens to east post in a new window | discloses east post to an adviser: Registered the old post

09/06/2005 10:33 P.M. Jordan55
is in line now chasca to consider here that the profile for Jordan55 chasca to send Jordan55 here that a private message chasca here to the finding of the email Jordan55 more posts of Jordan55 Add Jordan55 to its captain Cat of the answer w/Quote Jordan55 of the message of the Edit/Delete gallery of the Jordan55's visit of the list of the
Placed pal: Location De Julio Of 2004
Occupation De Columbus, Ohio: Pirate and posts of half time of the business of Phishy: 1333
Time and money. I do not think that it is a very good distribution in polyps of the sun. I finish negotiating mine for frag of orange zoological parks with near 40 polyps and 10$ and my polyps of the sun were like 25 polyps.
Santo of the experience of the odd habit of boondock: From The Present Tanks Of December 2003: interests of Filo'n of 12 gallons: Friends, Christianity, Wizardry. | IP opens to east post in a new window | discloses east post to an adviser: Registered old post

09/06/2005 10:34 P.M.
sharkboy
is out of line chasca to consider here that the profile for sharkboy chasca to send sharkboy here a deprived finding of the message that more posts by sharkboy add sharkboy to the registered member sharkboy of the answer w/Quote of the message of the Edit/Delete gallery of his of the pal of the list sharkboy of the
Placed visit: Location Of January Of 2005
the distribution was changed, 30 polyps of green/blue, and orange 30. Better or still he is that nongood enough?
Zambullidor of the independent diving apparatus, hunting of the tooth of the shark. Experience Of the Odd habit: Little more than present tanks of a year: interests of the tank of 75 gallons: teeth of the sharks, fish, tanks of the fish, equipment, soccer, fossiling, swimming, and independent diving apparatus! | IP opens to east post in a new window | discloses east post to an adviser: Registered the old post

09/06/2005 10:36 P.M.
Jordan55
is in line now chasca to consider here that the profile for Jordan55 chasca to send Jordan55 here that a private message chasca here to the finding of the email Jordan55 more posts of Jordan55 Add Jordan55 to its captain Cat of the answer w/Quote Jordan55 of the message of the Edit/Delete gallery of the Jordan55's visit of the list of the
Placed pal: Location De Julio Of 2004
Occupation De Columbus, Ohio: Pirate and posts of half time of the business of Phishy: 1333
Depende on how bad you wish to obtain ruined of them. I think that it is well. But you can be able to obtain more with them. He would say that plus some $$.>I do not know that.... he depends on how he is pleasant are the zoological parks and of how __________________
is pleasant are polyps of the sun Santo of the experience of the odd habit of boondock: From The Present Tanks Of December 2003: interests of Filo'n of 12 gallons: Friends, Christianity, Wizardry. | IP opens to east post in a new window | discloses east post to an adviser: Registered old post

09/06/2005 10:42 P.M.
sharkboy
is out of line chasca to consider here that the profile for sharkboy chasca to send sharkboy here a deprived finding of the message that more posts by sharkboy add sharkboy to the registered member sharkboy of the answer w/Quote of the message of the Edit/Delete gallery of his of the pal of the list sharkboy of the
hes also that puts in an additional chorale to make him a commerce right, he think that now it will be a good and right commerce
Zambullidor of the independent diving apparatus, hunting of the tooth of the shark. Experience Of the Odd habit: Little more than present tanks of a year: interests of the tank of 75 gallons: teeth of the sharks, fish, tanks of the fish, equipment, soccer, fossiling, swimming, and independent diving apparatus! | IP opens to east post in a new window | discloses east post to an adviser: Registered old post

09/06/2005 11:23 P.M.
kyman_33
is out of line chasca to consider here that the profile for kyman_33 chasca to send kyman_33 here that a private message chasca to the finding of the email kyman_33 more posts by kyman_33 adds kyman_33 to their registered member here kyman_33 of the answer w/Quote of the message of the Edit/Delete gallery of the visit kyman_33's of the list of the
Placed pal: Location 2003 Of the DEC
Occupation of the United States of America: Student, Accompanying Posts Of center Of the Aptitude: 138
quote:Originally fixed by Jordan55 Time and money. You are still going to dismiss here of the walls if you sell? Experience Of the Odd habit: 0 years, no tank still, :quote:
* notices the present tanks yet: fresh water interests of 15 gallons: Music, Poker, Soccer, Computers, Aquariums | IP Opens to east post in a new window | discloses east post to an adviser: Registered old post

09/06/2005 11:43 P.M.
sharkboy
are normal so that the nitrate is high in a new tank?
Zambullidor of the independent diving apparatus, hunting of the tooth of the shark. Experience Of the Odd habit: Little more than present tanks of a year: interests of the tank of 75 gallons: teeth of the sharks, fish, tanks of the fish, equipment, soccer, fossiling, swimming, and independent diving apparatus! | IP opens to east post in a new window | discloses east post to an adviser: Registered old post

09/07/2005 07:40
Kamko
is in line now chasca to consider here that the profile for Kamko chasca to send Kamko here a deprived finding of the message more posts of Kamko Add Kamko to pre-Med Wannabe of the answer w/Quote Kamko of the message of the Edit/Delete gallery of his of the pal of the Kamko list of the
Placed visit: Location Of May Of 2004: Gainesville,
Occupation of the Fl: Chem/Physics + Pre-health in posts of uF: 696
Ahh, Jordo, I am grieved that was not solved for already... I know feels, perhaps but you will obtain on him in nevermind of the months of the weeks of the days of the pairs...... perhaps... perhaps......
Present Tanks: 75gal+30gal to sump/filter, 2x 65watt actinic, 2x 65watt 10,000, cream separator of SeaSystems, filter UV of life-guard QL25 interests: The Reading, Kayaking, Whistle like a bullet-Pong, Physics De east Quantum Abra post in a new window | discloses east post to an adviser | IP: Registered old

09/07/2005 01:36 P.M.
tsquad
is in line now chasca to consider here that the profile for tsquad chasca to send tsquad here that a private message chasca here to the homepage of tsquad of the visit of tsquad of the email! Finds more posts by tsquad to add tsquad to tsquad Y'all of the answer inside w/Quote of the message of the Edit/Delete gallery of his of the pal of the list tsquad of the remetido visit?
Placed: Location De Oct Of 2004:
Occupation De Connecticut: Young person in High secondary School; Posts De Findamentals: the 1823
school has finished for me in this time every long Wednesday. Most of Wednesdays I will leave approximately 12:10.
Deje its soul and alcohol to fly in the mystic and when that horn of the fog blows I will come to house and when that horn of the fog blows desire to me to hear that I do not have to fear it Experience Of the Odd habit Of Robbery 10/9/03 of the RASGÓN: 135 from the present tanks of march ' 05: Two tanks of the exhibition 20L, escapes 135g+55g; EuroReef CS6-2+, Mag18, ballast dual of HQI PFO that works two pendants of 250wDE PFO (Phoenix 14k); 1r 20L = SPS/Clam; 2do 20L = clown; = escapes 135g xenia, GSP, chaeto, 320w VHO; = escapes 55g chaeto, I interest 96wPC: Hot girls, soccer, my Filo'n Opens to east post in a new window | discloses east post to an adviser | IP: Registered the old post

09/07/2005 02:59 P.M.
FalsePerc
is in line now chasca to consider here that the profile for FalsePerc chasca to send FalsePerc here that a private message chasca here to the homepage of FalsePerc of the visit of the email FalsePerc! Find more posts of FalsePerc Add FalsePerc to curmudgeon of Filo'n of the answer w/Quote FalsePerc of the message of the Edit/Delete gallery of his of the pal of the FalsePerc list of the
Placed visit: Location De Julio Of 2003:
Long island, Occupation of NY: Student, findamentals of Co-Dueño, volunteer in WetWebMedia, death of the founder of Dyeing.org, posts of Webmaster PAWS-LI.org: 3309
Acabo obtaining my first puncture of the anemone of my great individual. You everything know his massiveness. He obtained to me at heart of my right arm, you you know, the part really really sensible. I cannot even move the fingers in that hand. Outstandingly is so incredibly painful. I walked once in a burning poker and that one of the fire does not even compare to the immense pain a puncture of the anemone. I know that I look like calm now, but was, for several long minutes, something dispersed. It never touches an anemone, cabritos. Always. THIS HURTS SO BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Experience Of the Odd habit: 7 years of FW, 9 months reefing; Co-Dueño of findamentals, death of the founder dyeing, volunteer in the present tanks of WetWebMedia: 15g Filo'n, 5g Apisto, 55g Kribensis, 40g dark-brown, 20g cichlid dwarfed, 2g Betta, growout 10g, -- 10,000g -- system of reef/retail the Bred/Raised captive {now that completes a cycle} Interests: Fishkeeping, Chorales, Photography, Scripting, Photoshop, Scripture, Design Of the Web
| IP Opens to east post in a new window | discloses east post to an adviser: Registered the old post

Last edited by FalsePerc; 09/07/2005 at 06:45 PM.
Old 09/07/2005, 07:14 PM
RIP-You'll be remembered

I was told to make a "Pump up jam" mix for the girls soccer game tomorrow.

Got any good songs?
Old 09/07/2005, 07:40 PM
Registered Member

i was stung 5 times by my blue carpet anemone, and yesterday i stepped on a sewing needle that went a quarter of an inch into my toe.
Old 09/07/2005, 07:42 PM
Registered Member

Ouch.
Old 09/07/2005, 07:44 PM
Registered Member

yeah, but i'm not allergic to the sting, which is good, or else i'd probally be in alot of pain right now.
Old 09/07/2005, 07:53 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Jordan55
I was told to make a "Pump up jam" mix for the girls soccer game tomorrow.

Got any good songs?
Eye of the Tiger...always necessary. This is the Time to Rock, by Gabry Ponte. A few more, but I can't think of any right now...I'll get back to you Jordo.

Old 09/07/2005, 08:42 PM
Registered Member

OH my god, no soccer tape is complete unless it has The Final Countdown in it.
Old 09/07/2005, 08:55 PM
Midnight thread lurker

"I Turn to You (Hex Hector Mix)" by Melanie C is good (it's a dance song and I like it) and "Way Away" by Yellowcard. There's a couple of other alt/punk songs that I like and would put on a mix (but that's only because I like them), but I don't know exactly what you're looking for.
Old 09/07/2005, 09:25 PM
Premium Member

Notorious B.I.G. remix is key too.

Walking off the bus playing "no-no-no-no-notorious" is quite intimidating, especially when you are ranked 3rd in the state