Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Coral Forums > Corallimorpharians

Old 12/31/2007, 03:32 PM
Registered Member

Question Help!!What's happening with my shrooms?

Hi,

I have a rock with aprox. 5 to 6 mushrooms. I have this for like a year and always have look very healthy. First, one the mushrooms starts to shrink and like dissapering on one spot, then the others start with the same behavior. Today only two of them looked healthy and completly open. They are located on the same place and my parameters are stable. Except Nitrates that are on 10 to 20 but they has always been there. I have other Mushrooms on the tank and they are doin great.. What can be happening to this specific rock?? Any advice on what to do?
Old 12/31/2007, 04:27 PM
Registered Member

Could they be splitting??
Old 12/31/2007, 09:12 PM
Registered Member

A picture would help. Did you change anything recently? water flow to the area? something fall on them? something bothering them (like another coral)?
Old 01/02/2008, 07:03 PM
Registered Member

The only thing that i have introduce near the mushroom is a rock with Zoa's but they are not in contact with it. Could this be?? Anyway i will try to post a photo... TNX...
Old 01/02/2008, 09:52 PM
Registered Member

Are you running carbon? It could be chemical warfare from the zoas.
Old 01/02/2008, 10:57 PM
Registered Member

I have Chemi pure Elite. As Additional information During november , i lost half of other Zoa's Colony on another rock. It was weird the rock was the half Brown and green centered Zoa's and the other half was Pink Zoa's only the pink one's survive. This happen and nothing bad happen at that timeI don't know if this maybe relevant but better to tell it any way.

I'm trying to get the photos!

My advice to everybody When thinking of buying a digital camera, buy it with rechargable battery!!! Please don't make my same mistake!! Hate AA bateries!!!

TNX