Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > The Lounge

Old 01/10/2007, 01:24 PM
Moved Onward

http://dumpdorrell.com/

"The Conference of Champions"

359 NCAA titles and counting!

2nd Best, The Big 10 with a distant 212 titles

PAC 10 FOOTBALL is 9-6 against the SEC since the turn of the century!
Old 01/10/2007, 01:35 PM
Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid

"the 2007 schedule is more favorable with home games against Tennessee, Auburn and Florida State and additional nonconference games against I-AA Western Kentucky, Troy and Florida Atlantic."

Another SEC powerhouse OOC schedule
Old 01/10/2007, 01:37 PM
In over my head!

When you play good teams in conference, you don't need to play powerhouses OOC.

Thankfully, everyone is in agreement that ND should not be ranked.
Old 01/10/2007, 01:40 PM

And what will you say next year when the computers drag Florida down again?
Old 01/10/2007, 01:55 PM
Moved Onward

I think FLA's toughest test will be away games at LSU & South Carolina.

SC has a ton of away games next year which will hurt their chances but I hope FLA and SC go undefeated and meet up in the title game. That matchup would be the only one that I'd be satisfied with and maybe an LSU-SC as well.

"The Conference of Champions"

359 NCAA titles and counting!

2nd Best, The Big 10 with a distant 212 titles

PAC 10 FOOTBALL is 9-6 against the SEC since the turn of the century!
Old 01/10/2007, 02:01 PM
In over my head!

Quote:
Originally posted by The Grim Reefer
Same thing I said this year....nothing. Bottom line: win out and everything else takes care of itself. If you lose, you need help, period.

Honestly, I didn't expect to see the Gators in the NC game at last beginning of this season, and especially not after the loss to Auburn. When the pieces fell into place, I was delighted, and we made the most of it. But, I would have been perfectly happy with our SEC title and a dismantling of ND in the Sugar Bowl (and said as much on the gator board I frequent).

Unless every team we play simultaneously tanks next year, we'll have plenty of SOS to keep the computers happy.
Old 01/10/2007, 02:09 PM

If it comes down to equal records the patsie OOC schedule will (and should) cost them. You gotta get off the porch if you're gonna run with the big dogs
Old 01/10/2007, 05:49 PM
living life 2 the fullest

Quote:
And what will you say if FLA happens to become NC's once again.

Watch out for them DAWGS though, as they will be giving everyone a run for their money. Mark my words, my words have been right up to now so it would be good if y'all listened every once in a while.

Big Ten is a joke.

SEC is the real deal.
Old 01/10/2007, 07:12 PM
Here comes the Gators

Rug, ever since your Georga aquired 4 losses ( ) you jumped on the FLA bandwagon and got lucky.

Rug, your Dogs will be only giving teams a run for their money until they play FLA and you know how that goes as usually.

Big 10 is a joke

OSU is a joke

Anyone that thinks the SEC isn't the best conference is a joke

GO GATORS!
Old 01/10/2007, 07:13 PM
IllegitimiNonCarborundum

Gators played a game above and beyond their wildest dreams, the Buckeyes a game below, much below, their worst nightmare....

Congrats to the Gators.

Thank God for Auburn, Penn State, and Wisconsin.
Old 01/10/2007, 07:15 PM
Here comes the Gators

Gators demolished OSU. Boy I love typing those words.

41-14 is just a disgrace. OSU had an off game because FLA caused it. OSU never went up against a team like FLA before.

Go GATORS.

Big 10 is a joke

OSU is a joke

GO GATORS!
Old 01/10/2007, 07:16 PM
IllegitimiNonCarborundum

Quote:
Originally posted by 55semireef
But who DEMOLISHED the number one Big 10 team 41-14?
It was the number one SEC team vs. the number one Big 10 team. I rest my case once again.
And which conference was 1 win, 2 losses against the Big Ten?

Hmmm, I think it started with an "S" and ended with a "C." LOL.
Old 01/10/2007, 07:19 PM
IllegitimiNonCarborundum

Quote:
OSU never went up against a team like FLA before.

Depends on your defintion of like, but I think the 2002 Miami team was a lot like the 2006 UF team.

UF had trouble with Vandy, even the UF fans have to admit they played a game above and beyond anything else they had done all year, even in their wildest dreams.
Old 01/10/2007, 07:20 PM
Here comes the Gators

Wait...who went 6-3 in bowl games??? SEC

Didn't FLA demolish the number one little ten' team? Yeah they did.

Oh, and who went 2-5 in bowl games??? Starts with a L and ends with a number 10.

Oh and the PAC 10 went 3-3 in bowl games. Like I said before, just another average conference.

BTW, the little ten's two best teams lost in their bowl games. Says a lot about how good of a conference they were.

Big 10 is a joke

OSU is a joke

GO GATORS!
Old 01/10/2007, 07:22 PM
Here comes the Gators

Quote:
Originally posted by DrBegalke
Depends on your defintion of like, but I think the 2002 Miami team was a lot like the 2006 UF team.

UF had trouble with Vandy, even the UF fans have to admit they played a game above and beyond anything else they had done all year, even in their wildest dreams.
I was talking about OSU playing a team like FLA this year.

You say UF had trouble with Vandy but OSU had trouble with Illinois which is way worse. Doesn't matter about how FLA played. FLA spanked OSU and embarrassed them redicuously. Talking all that smack and they get worked. Pretty sad.

Big 10 is a joke

OSU is a joke

GO GATORS!
Old 01/10/2007, 07:29 PM

The SUC had 2 bright spots in the bowls, Florida and LSU. None of the rest did anything impresive, Georgia did show they are well coached and showed a lot of character not to give up at the half but they could't stay with VT until the injuries took their toll.

As far as Florida and OSU goes DrB is right (to a point), Florida's offense could do no wrong and OSU didn't have a good game. OK, take away 2 Florida TD's, hell, take away 3. They still would have beat OSU cause their defense flat out stuffed OSU. They were just a better team.
Old 01/10/2007, 07:46 PM

Considering UGA went against the top "D" in the nation in all stats that count. I think UGA was another bright spot by beating 3 top ranked teams back to back to back. Who else can say that this year? Oh yeah thats right.....................NO ONE.

Also Troy Smith had 1 yes ONE career sack going into the National Championship game, what did FLA's "D" do to Troy Smith? And what did you say earlier Grim about the SEC "D"?

Big Ten is a joke.

SEC is the real deal.
Old 01/10/2007, 08:12 PM
Here comes the Gators

Quote:
The SUC had 2 bright spots in the bowls, Florida and LSU. None of the rest did anything impresive, Georgia did show they are well coached and showed a lot of character not to give up at the half but they could't stay with VT until the injuries took their toll.

As far as Florida and OSU goes DrB is right (to a point), Florida's offense could do no wrong and OSU didn't have a good game. OK, take away 2 Florida TD's, hell, take away 3. They still would have beat OSU cause their defense flat out stuffed OSU. They were just a better team.
Grim, I think its time you drop the whole SUC thing. FLA just KILLED Ohio State. I don't think many teams out there could do that. The only other teams I see beating OSU, would be LSU, UM and SC. But to beat OSU that bad. No team could have done that.

Grim stop making up excuses for Georgia. They won and they came back. It WAS impressive. Any team that can come back like that is impressive.

Your right on one thing Grim. OSU didn't have a good game BECAUSE FLA made them look like a highschool team. I mean did you see Troy Smith's face. I thought he was about to break out in tears. I felt bad for OSU. Seriously. I really felt bad but then again they talked bunch of smack but could not back it up. Obviously FLA could.

BTW, ECE, I TOLD YA FLA HAD A KILLA DEFENSE.

Big 10 is a joke

OSU is a joke

GO GATORS!
Old 01/10/2007, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bluecarpet
Considering UGA went against the top "D" in the nation in all stats that count. I think UGA was another bright spot by beating 3 top ranked teams back to back to back. Who else can say that this year? Oh yeah thats right.....................NO ONE.

Also Troy Smith had 1 yes ONE career sack going into the National Championship game, what did FLA's "D" do to Troy Smith? And what did you say earlier Grim about the SEC "D"?
Aint hard to build up impressive D stats playing hapless teams.

And what I said about the SUC superior D is it was all hype. When 2 of your better teams get wooped on by the little 10 (your words, not mine), a 3rd wins because Nebraska was tripping over their own feet, it doesn't say much for your talent level
Old 01/10/2007, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by 55semireef
Grim, I think its time you drop the whole SUC thing. FLA just KILLED Ohio State. I don't think many teams out there could do that. The only other teams I see beating OSU, would be LSU, UM and SC. But to beat OSU that bad. No team could have done that.

Grim stop making up excuses for Georgia. They won and they came back. It WAS impressive. Any team that can come back like that is impressive.

Your right on one thing Grim. OSU didn't have a good game BECAUSE FLA made them look like a highschool team. I mean did you see Troy Smith's face. I thought he was about to break out in tears. I felt bad for OSU. Seriously. I really felt bad but then again they talked bunch of smack but could not back it up. Obviously FLA could.

BTW, ECE, I TOLD YA FLA HAD A KILLA DEFENSE.
So florida ripping OSU makes the SUC better? Does that mean when USC wnt 2 seasons without a loss make the PAC 10 the best conference?

Georgia was fortunate to play a pretty good VT team that had two major O line players beat up and couldnt hold it together in the second half. They earned the win but were hardly a better team.

Where was Auburns dominating performance? What about Arkansas? Tennessee got schooled by another one of them little 10 teams.

The MWC, C-USA, MAC and Sun Belt were the 4 worst conferences in the NCAA. Guess which BCS conference scheduled the most games against them? I'll give you a hint, SEC. What a joke.
Old 01/10/2007, 08:46 PM

This is now becoming a joke. The SEC is dominant, period. And stop makeing excuses about VT's beat up O line, there "D" was number 1 in the nation, PERIOD. Who destroyed USC's shot of going to the NC? Oh yeah thats right THE MIGHTY UCLA, by the way would of got whooped by VT, and not to mention got beat by FSU. Which is not saying much at all. The SEC was dominant this year, end of story.

By the way once again i feel like a broken record player, the SEC normally have a weak OOC schedule due to the fact of how many powerhouses they play in the SEC. Dont you understand that yet?

Big Ten is a joke.

SEC is the real deal.
Old 01/10/2007, 08:54 PM

The SUC Sucks. They stack their schdules at the bginning of th year with hapless teams to pad their stats. If they were so poweful why the ned to play the rent a victims?
Old 01/10/2007, 08:59 PM

Everyone needs a break, even the best of the best need a break. Who had the toughest schedule this year? Oh yeah thats right an SEC team, by the name of FLA. What do you have to say to that?

Also another thing, the only reason why the other conference's schedule tougher OOC games is because of the fact that no one in the conference is superior, like the SEC BABY. I will take the top 5 teams in the SEC and they would beat any of the top schools in the country 9 times out of 10, but there is always that one chance.

Big Ten is a joke.

SEC is the real deal.
Old 01/10/2007, 09:02 PM

By the way it is a lot easier to schedule tougher OOC games, for the PAC 10 or the Little 10 unlike the SEC because of the fact that you have rent a victims in the PAC 10 and Little 10 conferences, besides one or two teams that can actually play the game of football.

Big Ten is a joke.

SEC is the real deal.
Old 01/10/2007, 09:02 PM
RC Staff

This thread was automatically split due to performance issues. You can find the rest of the thread here: http://archive.reefcentral.com/forum...readid=1015272