Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Marine Fish Forums > Reef Fishes
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08/12/2005, 09:10 PM
Premium Member

My poor Yellow Tang... Pic Inc.

Tango was doing fine until we had to take him out of the main display and put him in hyposalinity for 6 weeks. (Did a stupid thing and bought a Kole without QTing first... yeah, you know the rest of the story)

Anyway, hyposalinity was quite rough on the little guy. His belly began getting lumpy and he was starting to lose his appetite as we were on our way back up from the hypo process.

Well, long story short, he's been back in the main display now for 6 weeks, he eats like a pig and he buddies around with Betty B., our Blonde Naso.

But his lil lumpy belly still exists. He doesn't act sick but this CAN'T be normal.

I'd really appreciate any suggestions and insight as to what may be going on, as well.

Thank you,

donna in New Orleans

It's a little difficult to see in this picture, I'll see if I can grab a better one in the morning when the lights turn back on.

"Click on my little red house for website"
Old 08/13/2005, 07:20 PM
Hammerhead

My guess, and this is just a guess, take it for what it's worth, is a loss of the fatty tissues around the liver.

I suspect he'll gain it all back, it just may take some time.
Old 08/14/2005, 01:08 AM
Sorry, I'm not Jeremy

I had moved my Yellow into qt because I had thought something was wrong w/ him. He went on a hunger strike and he got so skinny! I thought he was going to die..well I moved him into a 55qt and he started to eat. He is in my 125 now and he looks awesome.. he did not like the small tank and did not like to be alone. Tangs seem to be 'social' fish. He loves it with the other fish