Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Marine Fish Forums > Reef Fishes
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08/11/2005, 09:54 PM
Registered Member

Naso Tang

What are some good foods or ways to get my naso to eat? got him about 2 days ago. I have been feeding flakes, nori, mysis. Going to try live and frozen brine. Got some lyretail anthias that does the same. any good suggestions.
Old 08/11/2005, 10:01 PM
Registered Member

I feed my tang Nori, spirulina, tang food, and formula one with garlic. A variety of food is key to keeping him healthy and his color at it's best.
Old 08/12/2005, 12:54 AM
Registered Member

rubberbanding nori/seaweed onto a rock if he's picking at liverock.
Old 08/12/2005, 10:55 AM
It tastes like burning

Socking food in garlic juice will entice a fish to eat.

Don't forget brown algae, ontop of the green stuff, as it is also important to Nasos.

My Naso didn't have a hard time taking prepared foods. He quickly became pig of the tank, eating anything thrown in. He reminds me of Pac-Man the way he chases down pellets. I feed a variety of pellets and flakes, as well as sheets of Seaweed Selects and Julian Sprung's, and brine, mysis, and krill.
Old 08/12/2005, 09:53 PM
Registered Member

Well I bought some live brine shrimp just to see if he would eat it and he does, so at least I know he eats..including the lyretail anthias. I got these fish from saltwaterfish.com. Been pretty satisfied so far. It's funny the first naso I bought was a DOA, so I got this a replacement and its like as big as your palm of your hand. The first one was like no bigger than a 3 x 2 picture.