Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > West Region-Reef Club Forums > Marine Aquarists Roundtable of Sacramento (MARS)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05/27/2005, 06:43 PM
Registered Member

Selling off the last of it.

Doesn't look like I'm gonna get the *$&%#$@ back surgery any time soon, so I need to go ahead and sell off all this stuff since I'm not likely to set up another tank in the near future.

LifeReef SLF1-125, 24L x 13W x 14H sump volume 17 gallons. Includes sump with filter cylinder bracket, float switch bracket, electrode/probe bracket, sump covers, bulkhead fittings. Also includes SOME piping and fittings. $200.00

MandarinIII Wet-Dry. 36x12x18 Not the usual Amiracle or Del-Rey quality you find in most LFS. VERY WELL MADE, of 1/4" acrylic. Dual towers with rotating spray-bars that actually work. Includes about 7 gallons of bio-sphere bio-balls if you want them. Drilled for a 3/4" bulkhead, and Kent Float valve for auto top-offs, and (I think) a 1-1/2" bulkhead. (none are included) $150.00

Amiracle HOB wet-dry SL-15. approx 24x14x5" Rated (by Amiracle) for up to 100 gallons. Includes 2 noisy Rio pumps. $100.00

Amiracle Wet-Dry/sump 24x10x14 high. 3/4" bulkhead, and (I think) 1/2" bulkhead. $75.00 OBO.

Aqua 25 watt UV. 3/4" fittings. Used for less than 6 months on a bulb rated for 14 months. Good for a 100 gallon saltwater tank, or up to a 1200 gallon pond. This is the unit with the bulb wiper to ease maintenance of the bulb. $125.00

Ice-Cap 660 ballast with heat sink, Custom Aquatic 15" harness and 4 pairs of endcaps and 2 pairs of stand-offs $150.00 If you pick-up, you can have the bulbs. 2 URI 50/50, and 2 URI Actinics. ALL are over 1 yr. old however.

90 gallon glass tank, NOT r/r, with stand & canopy $250.00 OBO

There will be other stuff available as I get it cleaned up and ready to go, including heaters, powerheads, Mag 5 & 7 pumps, mag-floats, and 1 Mighty-Magnet II cleaner, etc.

I'm in Modesto, and CAN ship at your expense. (except the VHO bulbs)
Old 06/12/2005, 03:57 PM
Registered Member

I also have a LifeReef single slimline overflow available. $75.00, OR if you buy it with the sump, you can have both for $250.00.
Old 06/12/2005, 10:33 PM
Novice Expert

Sorry to hear about the back...Feb 15 I had my lumbar operated on for the third time. I've been down this road off/on for 15 years so I know how it feels. Who's your doc?

Marc
Old 06/14/2005, 02:48 AM
Registered Member

Marc, from the sounds of it, this will be the first of many down that long road. First one is a discectomy to relieve pressure on the sciatic nerve, and (hopefully) give me more range of motion. Then, down the road, new disks in L4-L5, and L5-S1. (oh joy...) Bybee is the neurosurgeon, and he's rated as being one of the top in the field in Nor Cal. Time will tell how much the first one helps, and when (if) the other surgeries take place. (as if I EVER lived well enough to skip those...)
Old 06/14/2005, 04:21 AM
Novice Expert

I've never heard of Bybee, where is he located? I've been with James Zucherman and the St. Mary's Spine Center for all of mine. They are one of the sites currently in clinical trials of two new disk replacement devices. I also have fututre surgeries down the road, and am putting a lot of prayers into the new disk replacements. This is my doctor's site www.spine-dr.com

We didn't want to do the surgery Feb 15, but due to complications we were forced to. I also have a large disk at C5 that needs to be fixed, but with today's technology all they could do is a fusion. That would be two cervical levels fused (previous surgery) and would really limit my mobility. So I'm in a holding pattern as well...you been to therapy at all? If you need any advice or just want someone to talk to who knows what your going through let me know.

Marc
Old 06/14/2005, 04:05 PM
Registered Member

Wow, NICE site they have. Bybee's here in Modesto. I've been thru several epidurals and "trigger point injections", all of which provided some relief, but only some. Physical therapy won't help much, as the damage is to the disks. My attorney has put up the idea of a different doc over in the city, and it's something that is still under consideration. Obviously, this is NOT somewhere to compromise.
Old 06/14/2005, 04:51 PM
Novice Expert

St. Mary's is in San Francisco. They are the same group that did Joe Montana's back surgery when he was still with the 49ers. They could have taken him anywhere in the world...so it says something about their reputation.

Marc
Old 06/14/2005, 08:03 PM
Registered Member

Agreed. We'll have to see how things play out.
Old 06/15/2005, 12:30 AM
Registered Member

spine-less

Wow things sure have changed. I had my last fusion a decade ago(360 with hardware l4-s1). Now they replace discs? The only wisdom I can offer is that if you think you can't take the pain any more, think again cuz it often doesn't get better and what you thought you couldn't take becomes a walk in the park for what lies around the bend. May the force be with you. Terry
Old 06/15/2005, 01:31 AM
Registered Member

Terry, I hear ya. Getting cut is the LAST resort for this kind of thing, that's why I've been thru all the more minimally invasive therapies the neurosurgeon recommended. The first will also be a minimally invasive surgery, to (hopefully) remove the disk from the sciatic nerve, gaining me some range of movement WITHOUT pain. The rest is something that we will have to see about if and when the time comes. I keep hoping that as time goes on, the techniques and technology will continue to get better and better.
Thanks for your support.
Old 07/13/2005, 01:17 AM
Registered Member

Bumping this back up. The mag drives are pretty worn, and not really worth hassling with. I'm open to trades on all this stuff...
I'd REALLY like to reclaim some of my garage...
Old 07/16/2005, 02:52 PM
Registered Member

Sorry, forgot to add...the overflow is sold, an so is the IceCap ballast.
Old 07/23/2005, 01:50 AM
Registered Member

Amiracle sump is sold.
Old 08/31/2005, 04:31 PM
Registered Member

Finally home from a long vacation...bumpin it back up.
Old 12/21/2005, 01:00 PM
Registered Member

bump, bump, bump
Old 01/01/2006, 07:42 PM
Registered Member

BoomerD - Interested in UV filter. Still available?

Scott
Old 01/01/2006, 09:29 PM
Registered Member

yes.
Old 01/03/2006, 11:42 PM
Registered Member

UV is sold.
Old 01/06/2006, 08:09 PM
Registered Member

LifeReef sump is sold.
Old 06/07/2006, 07:30 PM
Registered Member

Bumping this back up.
The Aqua UV is sold.
if there's something you need, PM me or e-mail me at
BoomerD AT Gmail DOT com and I'll let you know if I have it.
I have NO lighting, skimmers, or large pumps left.
Old 06/07/2006, 07:34 PM
espyesitis sufferer

Do you have a Dart?