Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > SouthEast Region-Reef Club Forums > West Tennessee Marine & Reef Aquarium Club
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06/12/2007, 08:58 PM
Registered Member

to barrett & all involved in the ST jude tank

my sister spent the night @ ST Jude last night, her daughter has had cancer sence birth, she is now 13, i ask her what she thought of the tank, & let her know i knew the people that made it possible, she said they have a lot of games & arts & crafts to keep the kids intertained, but evey one seems to gather at the tanks, she said her daughter looks at it for 10min then looks away & tries to write down every thing she can remember seeing, every time they come back they see something new they didnt see before, she stood beside one lady & her son, she ask the lady are you waiting to be seen, she said no we dont have an appointment today, were from the ronald Mc donald house, my son just wants to come over here every day to see the tanks, its the only thing that keeps his mind off the real reason hes here,she wished they had one over there, so i want to say thanks for letting them have a chance to see a small part of the ocean, for some thats as close as they will ever get,
Old 06/12/2007, 11:32 PM
WTMRAC Bean Counter

Wow! Teena that is powerful.
Old 06/13/2007, 07:38 AM
WTMRAC President/Thug

Thanks Tina. I get so used to maintenance and talking to the kids that are there when I am that I forget about all the other kids that come to look at them after i'm gone. I know that their appreciated by the staff and the patients and families but to hear someones stories about how they help is really touching.
Old 06/13/2007, 08:32 AM
Registered Member

her cancer was coiled around her back spine, one leg is now getting taller than the other, so they had to dril into the growth plate inthe good leg to slow it down so the other one can catch up, she gets out today, i told her i gave you a purple pokey sea urchin for the tank, to see if she sees that next time, would you like one of my engineer gobies to put in there?
Old 06/13/2007, 11:47 AM
WTMRAC President/Thug

I won't turn down anything that people want to donate to the St Jude tanks.
Thanks Tina.
B
Old 06/14/2007, 09:51 PM
Registered Member

Barrett,
How bout some new eye candy. Sounds like things are going well!
Old 06/16/2007, 09:35 AM
WTMRAC President/Thug

Yeah. I've been meaning to do that. Sure thing