Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > New to the Hobby
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11/27/2007, 10:28 PM
Registered Member

Nano Questions

Allright,

Couple of questions for my nano 34g I am setting up.

I am planning on getting this tank:http://www.nanocustoms.com/product_i...products_id=18

and doing the TBS.com "The Package" reutine
so far so good?

I was wondering if two gobies can be kept in this tank at the same time...also if clams are possible.

Is lunar lighting a good option also?

The money this system costs doesn't matter to me, as I like the extra gallons it offers.

Any advice is good advice to me.

thanks guys.
Old 11/27/2007, 10:36 PM
Registered Member

anything over 20 isnt nano to me... if money isnt an option, I would go bigger. bigger is easier in my opinion. i spend more time tweaking my 10 gal nano than I do on my 90.
Old 11/27/2007, 10:40 PM
Registered Member

What kind of gobies? Clams sure why not. Luner lights are more natural, who knows, it's been said that some corals do better with them. Take it slow and have fun.
Old 11/27/2007, 10:47 PM
Premium Member

These tanks are saweeet.My LFS has a display setup in their store and it is really a well thought out system.If I were You I would buy the regular version and retro the 150hqi.The price diiference they are charging for what looks like just a light upgrade is insane.They sell for like $699 so that is like a $450-500 add on just for the 150hqi unless I missed something.That is just outrageous IMO.As for the gobies,I have 2 in My tank(92g)and they get along fine.I guess it would depend on the species.
Old 11/27/2007, 10:51 PM
Premium Member

WOW.I went back to their site and it is actually $600 more for just the HQI,moonlights and actinics!That is crazy!!!!