Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > Responsible Reefkeeping

Old 10/17/2007, 08:15 PM
Registered Member

for those who care

Ok so I was looking up something online today and i found this insanely useful page.

www.wetwebmedia.com

it gives info on many fw/sw/brackish/ponds and aquarium planted tanks. one great feature of the site is that it gives wild animals habitats and needs. I believe that this is a start for anyone who decides to keep any type of fish, especially SW fish. I hope that the moderators leave this up here or at least make another thread that can inform individuals more about the hobby. thank you
Old 10/20/2007, 02:57 PM
Registered Member

great site, good source of information for new comers

Reef Rules!!!!!
Old 10/28/2007, 05:46 PM
Premium Member

Nice site! THANKS for sharing! Bookmarked already!
Old 10/29/2007, 05:08 AM
Registered Member

Nice , and talks about tap water and why it should not be used.
To bad most will either ignore and think they have perfect tap or not even read .
But lots of info and would be nice if RC added. I wish they would Have in big bold letters on the home page READ ARTICLE ON WHY TAP IS NO GOOD. Sorry dont hate you all
Old 10/29/2007, 06:50 PM
RC Staff
American

Re: for those who care

Quote:
Originally posted by kydsexy
Ok so I was looking up something online today and i found this insanely useful page.

www.wetwebmedia.com *snip*

I hope that the moderators leave this up here *snip*

I'm not sure why you think we wouldn't. If you were a brand new member here, with only ten posts, and everyone of them was "shilling" wetweb, or any other site, you and I would have a discussion behind the scenes.
Even if you had a long history here, and suddenly started "shilling" another site, we'd talk.

If you see a question here that you believe was answered well on RDO, it's okay for you to post a link to that discussion.
The problem comes from knowingly trying to recruit members here, to another site. We don't send folks elsewhere to lure members here, and we expect the same consideration from members/owners of other boards.
If it's an honest exchange of information, there's no issue.
There are some sites that have pushed things to the point that their names are censored here. We know who the responsible parties are, and if you accidentally post post one, and notice it was censored, there is no reason to worry, unless your motives were dirty to begin with.

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved

at the same level of thinking we were at when we

created them." Albert Einstein

I'm pretty sure it's Mike's fault.....
Old 10/31/2007, 07:52 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by demonsp
Nice , and talks about tap water and why it should not be used.
To bad most will either ignore and think they have perfect tap or not even read .
But lots of info and would be nice if RC added. I wish they would Have in big bold letters on the home page READ ARTICLE ON WHY TAP IS NO GOOD. Sorry dont hate you all
Sorry that's just wrong. It may be the case in a lot of places, but there are several cities that have VERY good water right out fo the tap. With a little dechlor they're totally fine. Take Alameda Island in California. They have insane water and many of the local reefers use straight tap and we're not talking newbiers but old salties with very nice tanks.

I run a system on well water which is tap in that area. The water is tested probably more then most people test their tank water and other then a bit of extra iron, it's great.