Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > The Reef Chemistry Forum

Old 10/16/2007, 03:11 PM
Registered Member

Where to buy Mrs.Wages Pickling Lime in Florida?

Hey all, I've just been to Waldomart, Publix, & Target. None of them sell Pickling Lime at all. All I found was Pickling Salt. I"ve been looking in the seasoning isle at all locations and haven't seen it. I haven't tried Winn Dixie yet.

The reason I asked about Florida is that different states have different grocery chains and teh ones I listed above are the more common ones.

I know I can order some online via TwoPartSolutions but I'd like to find a local source for Kalk. I'll be needing some in the next few days and rather not spend another $18 for a quart size container at the fish store.

Thanks for any help ya'll can offer.
Old 10/16/2007, 11:51 PM
Registered Member

My brother bought it for me from Publix. He said it kinds of weird that they put this stuff in the party section. Shin.
Old 10/17/2007, 01:22 PM
Registered Member

OK I'll try the party section, Thanks
Old 10/17/2007, 02:40 PM
Moved Aside

i found it at the walmart in the canning section (around the coffee makers)
Old 10/17/2007, 03:13 PM
old enough to know better

I suggest you just purchase it on-line - with gas prices this high its probably cheaper than driving everywhere to try and find it.
Old 10/17/2007, 07:04 PM
Registered Member

Ahhh, the coffee maker section, I had a feeling i wasn't looking in the right place. Thanks.

Well yesterday was my day off and I had my 4 mth old all day while my wife was at work. She and I both were getting restless so I headed out on a mission to find the lime. All the stores were semi close together so I don't think I went 10 miles round trip.

I tried asking the stocking personnel at each store but they had no clue either. I had that feeling I was looking in the wrong section but it was hard to stay focused with the interest in my daughter from other women.

Here's a bit of advise for you single guys.. Borrow a cute baby and go shopping. I was literaly getting hit on in Walmart and Publix with my daughter in my arms and my wedding band in clear view. I didn't mind but I should have thought of that about 10 years ago :-)